Woman shot dead in Bangkok temple

webfact

Woman shot dead in Bangkok temple

By The Nation

800_5bcd394b2283418.jpg?v=1600663845

A woman allegedly shot dead an online vendor at a temple in the Bang Khae district of Bangkok on Monday (September 21) and fled the scene.

Phasi Charoen Police Station was notified of the crime at around 7am. A forensic team from Siriraj Hospital, rescue volunteers and police found the body of Linlada Phattanphan, 39, inside a temple, covered in blood. She had four 9mm bullet wounds on her head.

Maneerat Srithornrat, 52, the victim’s maid, said that Linlada was an online vendor and they had come to the temple to make merit.

When they were about to return home, a woman who looked like a tomboy aged around 35-40 years, covering herself with a cap came behind Linlada and shot her from a very close range.

Police said that the victim lived with her female lover and a maid. They are collecting footage from the temple’s security camera to identify the killer.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394863

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-21

10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Hey Sherlock ,can't you wait until the Forensics have some Evidence /Proof of what happen before you shoot your mouth of .If not Don't Reply keep the sarcasm for yourself.

agree, someone has died, can people be a little more respectful?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Not some people ,they are a breed of their own. 

Some people watch Thai news! News have told already ,they had relationship and other woman want end that one! Shooter was police woman(tomboy)!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Thanks 1

One fine day I will find a real Buddhist country where the people are not so stupid as to go to the temple to pray to Buddha, because they know very well Buddha is not God.

Meanwhile I am pursing my endless search for this real Buddhist country my friend said, "Isn't Shangrila a real Buddhist country ?".  And where is that I asked. He said somewhere in the Himalayas- hidden among some big mountains, there is an obscure village where the people don't pray to Buddha because they are intelligent enough to understand Buddha's teaching. "Really", I said. Then I must go there.

Wish me luck, folks.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

four to the head. Wonder how many shots the killer fired in total?  Fast shooting or the killer put a couple slugs in the victims head while she was on the ground already.  The maid didn't recognize the shooter? I feel sorry for all involved.

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Some people watch Thai news! News have told already ,they had relationship and other woman want end that one! Shooter was police woman(tomboy)!

Yep, this news report refers

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/09/21/police-officer-turns-herself-in-for-allegedly-killing-merit-maker-who-was-visiting-a-temple-in-bangkok/

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

Hey Sherlock ,can't you wait until the Forensics have some Evidence /Proof of what happen before you shoot your mouth of .If not Don't Reply keep the sarcasm for yourself.

Well, "shooting your mouth off" is pretty much the whole purpose of a forum. If speculation and comment offends you, no problem, just stick to reading the news reports.

Just to be clear, I am definitely not endorsing that particular member, just the principle.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, poloshirt said:

One fine day I will find a real Buddhist country where the people are not so stupid as to go to the temple to pray to Buddha

I am confident that if, one fine day, you do happen to find such country, it won't make you happy and you will still consider everyone else to be stupid.

• Haha 1

UPDATE:

Bangkok temple shooting: Immigration police woman surrenders after shooting former lover, says Thai media

An immigration police woman has surrendered to police in her hometown after she gunned down her former lover at a temple in Bang Khae early Monday morning. 

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1183757-bangkok-temple-shooting-immigration-police-woman-surrenders-after-shooting-former-lover-says-thai-media/

43 minutes ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Bangkok temple shooting: Immigration police woman surrenders after shooting former lover, says Thai media

An immigration police woman has surrendered to police in her hometown after she gunned down her former lover at a temple in Bang Khae early Monday morning. 

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1183757-bangkok-temple-shooting-immigration-police-woman-surrenders-after-shooting-former-lover-says-thai-media/

Looks like there is a vacant position at the I O

12 hours ago, donnacha said:

Well, "shooting your mouth off" is pretty much the whole purpose of a forum. If speculation and comment offends you, no problem, just stick to reading the news reports.

Just to be clear, I am definitely not endorsing that particular member, just the principle.

Sounds fair , Within reason.  :jap:

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 6:21 PM, samsensam said:

agree, someone has died, can people be a little more respectful?

Why?

This sort of behavior seems to be the norm in this country, get used to it or get the hell out. Thailand the wild west of the far east.