Prescription Eye Glasses Needed

patekatek

I will be in Pattaya for 3 nights the end of this coming week and I need to upgrade my existing eye glasses.  Can some Pattaya expats recommend any reasonably priced shops in the Soi Buakhao  area?  I did try searching this forum because I know this question has been asked by others.  However, I get no response to my searches.  Doing something wrong or the search capabilities of this media is bogus.

While you can get your eyes examined and vision testing done the same day, ordering the optics for a new pair of glasses take a wee bit longer.

If you intent is on saving money they you may want to pay to have the examination and vision test done then purchase your glasses online.

Most shops do eye test . chose frames .They ring details to Bangkok.then collect glases next day.Had mine Done in  Bang Sare for 8.500b varifocal And sun tint.med range quality.  very happy.

Edited by yeahbutif
spelling

It depends on the lenses you want to have. For expensive lenses you have to ask at several shops - the price will be often different and often they will have to order them. If you want cheap lenses I can tell you a shop but no guarantees. They have a computer to check your eyes. 

36 minutes ago, RichCor said:

While you can get your eyes examined and vision testing done the same day, ordering the optics for a new pair of glasses take a wee bit longer.

If you intent is on saving money they you may want to pay to have the examination and vision test done then purchase your glasses online.

Online may not be an option these days of limited air shipments.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Online may not be an option these days of limited air shipments.

Pretty much hit & miss, seems to be a lot better than a couple of months ago, did receive a couple of parcels today.

Buying glasses in Thailand is pretty much the same - hit & miss, I have used First Optic and found them no better (or worse!) than many other places though they are more expensive, online is a 1/4 of the price these days than buying at opticians.

8 minutes ago, CGW said:

Pretty much hit & miss, seems to be a lot better than a couple of months ago, did receive a couple of parcels today.

Buying glasses in Thailand is pretty much the same - hit & miss, I have used First Optic and found them no better (or worse!) than many other places though they are more expensive, online is a 1/4 of the price these days than buying at opticians.

I have used Zenni for years but believe someone posted recently they will not currently ship to Thailand.

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have used Zenni for years but believe someone posted recently they will not currently ship to Thailand.

I have used Zenni also, just had a look and there is no restriction on shipping to Thailand, just a warning of possible delays.

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

I have used Zenni also, just had a look and there is no restriction on shipping to Thailand, just a warning of possible delays.

That's good - I did check when someone posted and indeed they said they were not processing orders when I signed in - but now see that has changed to maybe a delay.  It really made no sense as orders are shipped from China and that path has had very few issues.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, Olmate said:

Must be a big shop then.... 

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

That is a long road! Where in Pattaya Klang mate?

On 9/21/2020 at 4:02 PM, Nout said:

Pattaya Klang is by concensus the best value. It is mentioned on this forum

Not certain Nout knows!

On 9/22/2020 at 9:22 AM, streetlite said:

Euro Optics....Royal Gardens Mall....Maria....Philippine trained Optometrist

She's really a great optometrist, probably the best in Pattaya. Last I checked a few years ago she will not examine you unless you intend to buy glasses from her, and they're priced at full retail for Thailand. Good quality I guess.

Maybe that policy has changed, but if you're planning the Zenni route you might try contacting her before visiting her office.