Jump to content

Can you eat these fungi safely?


Recommended Posts

They grow in our back yard, usually after rain. My b/f says poisonous. We don't touch, just take photos to place on Fbk and wow them in Oz.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I you don't know what you're doing...do not eat any mushroom. Some very toxic ones look very similar to edible varieties. The consequences could destroy your liver in 12 hours....i mean destroy. Get an expert or buy them commercially prepared.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's a Thai app for your smartphone to identify edible mushrooms.

Works pretty well.

 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thaimushroom.classify2

 

 

Screenshot_20200922_083951_net.thaimushroom.classify2.jpg

Typed in the url you provided, showed me the "Thai Mushrooms Classify" app along with a message saying it wasn't available in my country. I'm in Thailand and using an AIS sim card!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nahkit said:
8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's a Thai app for your smartphone to identify edible mushrooms.

Works pretty well.

 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.thaimushroom.classify2

Typed in the url you provided, showed me the "Thai Mushrooms Classify" app along with a message saying it wasn't available in my country. I'm in Thailand and using an AIS sim card!

Please Note: The "not available in my country" is in regards to the 'country' your phone's google user account is registered (and hence the google play store country you're account is set to use), and not the current country or provider sim card being used by your device.

 

Even so, if you didn't get that message you probably would have gotten the one I got (on my Xiaomi Mi A2-lite AndroidOne) :  X This app is incompatible with your device

 

image.png.60635af66798b8fd35dd85792bcdf324.png

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

They tell also how many have use it second time!?

I've used it about 20 times on mushrooms from the market, tame and wild, all edible as sold.

And another 20-30 times out hiking in the jungle, mixture of edible and poisonous.

It got one wrong, marked poisonous, when it was edible (the misses ate it to demonstrate and survived).

 

I'd just use it to select which mushrooms to bring home for the misses to identify and eat.

Edited by BritManToo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...