Chaeng Watthana or Muangthong Thani?

I live in Bkk and need to extend 30 days (already have letter from US embassy). Most recent stamp is March 15 in Kanchanaburi (border run, so I believe that's considered "visa exempt"), which I never filed to extend.

Have read some posts on here of people getting this extension at CW without anyone giving them any trouble, but have also heard people saying MTT wasn't bad, but it does seem that everyone that has posted about MTT here has noted that they have only received "under consideration" for a set amount of days less than 30.

Any consensus on which office is the better option? My main objective would be to not have to go back twice, even if it were to take longer on the given day of filing.

Thanks in advance.

At this time only MTT is doing the 30 day extension and you need an appointment to do them.

The under consideration stamp given for the special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy is standard procedure since it has to be approved at the division level of immigration.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

AFAIK MTT is the only option and may not longer be a viable option as all appointment slots are full until after Sep 26 from my understanding.

That apparently only if requesting a extension of a entry from 60 day tourist visa entry at J desk.

Appointments for a 30 day extension at the K desk are available.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That apparently only if requesting a extension of a entry from 60 day tourist visa entry at J desk.

Would you mind sharing the link again, ubonjoe? Can't seem to find it.

Also, any issue with my not having ever filed TM30? I've never had any visa other than Tourist or Visa exempt, so I've never had the need, although I know that has been a topic of contention in the past. Do you think a copy of my rental agreement would suffice?

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Thanks for correction - but would urge immediate action as if there are actually 150,000 people still here it could get very busy.

34 minutes ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

Would you mind sharing the link again, ubonjoe? Can't seem to find it.

34 minutes ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

Also, any issue with my not having ever filed TM30? I've never had any visa other than Tourist or Visa exempt, so I've never had the need, although I know that has been a topic of contention in the past. Do you think a copy of my rental agreement would suffice?

I have seen no reports of them wanting a TM30 done. 

Your rental agreement will prove you are living in Bangkok.