Question on NON IMM O Visa

hey everyone ,

for  NON IMM O Visa  , is it a must to go out of Thailand once every 90 days ( in the past before covid )

and then return to Thailand again ?  since now there is no way to get out of the country i guess its only 90 day reporting in the country .

for reporting every 90 days , its free right ? and we can just report at the IO or online right ?  pls correct me if im wrong .

cheers

You must depart every 90 days or less - you do not have to return unless you want and that would be another 90 days.  You can extend for one year if meeting requirements from a valid visa entry.  90 day reporting is not required for that type of visa/stay.

I hope you arrived in Thailand within the last several months as if entry prior to that your visa entry would have expired and you would be on amnesty and subject to requirement to depart by September 27 unless amnesty is again extended.  Or you have extended your stay.

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You must depart every 90 days or less - you do not have to return unless you want and that would be another 90 days.  You can extend for one year if meeting requirements from a valid visa entry.  90 day reporting is not required for that type of visa/stay.

I hope you arrived in Thailand within the last several months as if entry prior to that your visa entry would have expired and you would be on amnesty and subject to requirement to depart by September 27 unless amnesty is again extended.  Or you have extended your stay.

hey lopburi , isnt the amnesty till sept 26 ?  thanks 

If you are married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

If not and there is no announcement about another "amnesty" then you will need to leave the country or get a letter from you embassy to apply for a 30 day extension.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:00 AM, lopburi3 said:

however during this period , those who are on NON IMM O and coudlnt leave the country what do they have to do ? pay 1900 baht every 3 mths? pardon my ignorance

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

If not and there is no announcement about another "amnesty" then you will need to leave the country or get a letter from you embassy to apply for a 30 day extension.

so if the non imm O visa holder , came in for 90 days , applied for 60 days and got their 30 days extended in total which is about 6 mths ,  after this what happens ?

they need to leave the country and come back? there is no way that they could stay here for 1 year without leaving ? 

Edited by superatoz

4 minutes ago, superatoz said:

however during this period , those who are on NON IMM O and coudlnt leave the country what do they have to do ? pay 1900 baht every 3 mths? pardon my ignorance

Anyone in Thailand on a 90-day permission to stay must leave at the end of that period, or apply for an extension of stay under the conditions specified in the relevant Police Order.

Although people have used multiple entry visit visas in the past with border bounces to get back-to-back stays, that was not the intent of those visas, and there is no provision in the rules for allowing special extensions of your permission to stay just because (for whatever reason) leaving Thailand is an issue.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, superatoz said:

At this time they only have the amnesty and once that ends will have to leave or attempt to obtain 30 day extensions of stay if they can not meet requirements for longer extensions.

• Like 1

Just now, superatoz said:

so if the non imm O visa holder , came in for 90 days , applied for 60 days and applied for 30 days ,  after this what happens ?

The application for a 30-day extension would be denied (assuming no embassy letter) and you would be given seven days to leave the country.

1 minute ago, superatoz said:

they need to leave the country and come back? there is no way that they could stay here for 1 year without leaving ? 

You either need to extend your permission to stay (an option to extent for one year is available) under the relevant Police Order, or leave.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, superatoz said:

so if the non imm O visa holder , came in for 90 days , applied for 60 days and got their 30 days extended in total which is about 6 mths ,  after this what happens ?

Yep, just about exhausted the options.

There have been  many changes lately that I am at a loss as to my situation, so any help would be appreciated. I had a Non O Retirement visa and was getting annual extension of stay. My last trip to Thailand was planned for the end of February, and renewing my visa in March. Due to the rapid spread of the virus, my trip became inadvisable and my extension expired in April.

I would like at some point in the near future to apply once more for a Non O Retirement visa and before the 90th day of expiration apply for a yearly extension. Basically, what I have done for the past 10 years. I do have all of the old qualifications for the Retirement visa still in effect (800K THB in the bank, Tabien Baan etc.).

Has anything changed with regard to Retirement visas or can I go through the old routine again, as I detailed above?

Any advice will be appreciated.

KF

BTW, if I do not get a one year visa and only visit Thailand on a tourist visa, and my bank ATM card expires, will the bank (Bangkok Bank) renew my card or tel me - sorry, no card for you...

46 minutes ago, Khun Falang said:

There have been  many changes lately that I am at a loss as to my situation, so any help would be appreciated. I had a Non O Retirement visa and was getting annual extension of stay. My last trip to Thailand was planned for the end of February, and renewing my visa in March. Due to the rapid spread of the virus, my trip became inadvisable and my extension expired in April.

I would like at some point in the near future to apply once more for a Non O Retirement visa and before the 90th day of expiration apply for a yearly extension. Basically, what I have done for the past 10 years. I do have all of the old qualifications for the Retirement visa still in effect (800K THB in the bank, Tabien Baan etc.).

Has anything changed with regard to Retirement visas or can I go through the old routine again, as I detailed above?

KF

BTW, if I do not get a one year visa and only visit Thailand on a tourist visa, and my bank ATM card expires, will the bank (Bangkok Bank) renew my card or tel me - sorry, no card for you...

Once here with a non immigrant O visa or making conversion from tourist or visa exempt entry at extra 2,000 baht fee you can resume the one year extensions as in the past (you are aware of new financial requirement to keep 800k in account 5 months and never let get below 400k).

Never been in that ATM card position but all branch in Bangkok now issue (rather than have to use account branch) do not believe it would be an issue.

Edited by lopburi3

1 hour ago, Khun Falang said:

KF

Be aware that the Non O you got 10 years  back and have regularly extended since is not likely to be issued from your locality Embassy anymore. Now basically only available from neighbouring  Asian country Thai Consulates. 

Assuming  you have a historical account balance to accommodate  a Retirement extension I seriously doubt Bangkok Bank would decline a new card for a debit account .

On 9/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, Dumbastheycome said:

Be aware that the Non O you got 10 years  back and have regularly extended since is not likely to be issued from your locality Embassy anymore. Now basically only available from neighbouring  Asian country Thai Consulates. 

Assuming  you have a historical account balance to accommodate  a Retirement extension I seriously doubt Bangkok Bank would decline a new card for a debit account .

Wrong. A Non O can always be obtained from a Thai Embassy in your home country, and most others if you meet the requirements. Some consulates have stopped giving them....

You usually only get a single entry these days, multi-entry harder to get.

It is not the visa which is the real issue, it is actually getting into Thailand at the current time, due to needing permission to fly from Embassy (COE) and other documents.

18 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Wrong. A Non O can always be obtained from a Thai Embassy in your home country, and most others if you meet the requirements.

Not on the basis of being 50 or over for retirement. Many embassies and official consulates will not issue them and will only issue a OA long stay visa.

• Thanks 2

Asking for a friend who is a little unsure about the funds into his account . , he is looking at bringing the 400k for an extension based on marriage . How strict is CW with the seasoning of funds ? If im say 3 days - 1  week outside the 60 days will they let it slide or not . Thx 

1 minute ago, greg71 said:

Asking for a friend who is a little unsure about the funds into his account . , he is looking at bringing the 400k for an extension based on marriage . How strict is CW with the seasoning of funds ? If im say 3 days - 1  week outside the 60 days will they let it slide or not . Thx 

The written rules state 2 months not 60 days. There is a difference between them.

Whether a few less would be accepted or not depend upon he office where the application is done.

Some would probably tell him toto overstay for few days until if was a little less than 2 months and pay the 500 baht per day fine.