Jump to content
BANGKOK
superatoz

Question on NON IMM O Visa

Recommended Posts

hey everyone ,

 for  NON IMM O Visa  , is it a must to go out of Thailand once every 90 days ( in the past before covid )

and then return to Thailand again ?  since now there is no way to get out of the country i guess its only 90 day reporting in the country .

 

for reporting every 90 days , its free right ? and we can just report at the IO or online right ?  pls correct me if im wrong .

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must depart every 90 days or less - you do not have to return unless you want and that would be another 90 days.  You can extend for one year if meeting requirements from a valid visa entry.  90 day reporting is not required for that type of visa/stay.

 

I hope you arrived in Thailand within the last several months as if entry prior to that your visa entry would have expired and you would be on amnesty and subject to requirement to depart by September 27 unless amnesty is again extended.  Or you have extended your stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You must depart every 90 days or less - you do not have to return unless you want and that would be another 90 days.  You can extend for one year if meeting requirements from a valid visa entry.  90 day reporting is not required for that type of visa/stay.

 

I hope you arrived in Thailand within the last several months as if entry prior to that your visa entry would have expired and you would be on amnesty and subject to requirement to depart by September 27 unless amnesty is again extended.  Or you have extended your stay.

hey lopburi , isnt the amnesty till sept 26 ?  thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, superatoz said:

hey lopburi , isnt the amnesty till sept 26 ?  thanks 

Yes that is the current amnesty limit.  But being a weekend they would likely allow extensions Monday and perhaps longer if no new amnesty.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

If not and there is no announcement about another "amnesty" then you will need to leave the country or get a letter from you embassy to apply for a 30 day extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 2:00 AM, lopburi3 said:

You must depart every 90 days or less - you do not have to return unless you want and that would be another 90 days.  You can extend for one year if meeting requirements from a valid visa entry.  90 day reporting is not required for that type of visa/stay.

 

I hope you arrived in Thailand within the last several months as if entry prior to that your visa entry would have expired and you would be on amnesty and subject to requirement to depart by September 27 unless amnesty is again extended.  Or you have extended your stay.

however during this period , those who are on NON IMM O and coudlnt leave the country what do they have to do ? pay 1900 baht every 3 mths? pardon my ignorance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, superatoz said:

however during this period , those who are on NON IMM O and coudlnt leave the country what do they have to do ? pay 1900 baht every 3 mths? pardon my ignorance

Nope. They do what UbonJoe and Lopburi3 suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are married to or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

If not and there is no announcement about another "amnesty" then you will need to leave the country or get a letter from you embassy to apply for a 30 day extension.

so if the non imm O visa holder , came in for 90 days , applied for 60 days and got their 30 days extended in total which is about 6 mths ,  after this what happens ?

 

they need to leave the country and come back? there is no way that they could stay here for 1 year without leaving ? 

Edited by superatoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, superatoz said:

however during this period , those who are on NON IMM O and coudlnt leave the country what do they have to do ? pay 1900 baht every 3 mths? pardon my ignorance

Anyone in Thailand on a 90-day permission to stay must leave at the end of that period, or apply for an extension of stay under the conditions specified in the relevant Police Order.

 

Although people have used multiple entry visit visas in the past with border bounces to get back-to-back stays, that was not the intent of those visas, and there is no provision in the rules for allowing special extensions of your permission to stay just because (for whatever reason) leaving Thailand is an issue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, superatoz said:

however during this period , those who are on NON IMM O and coudlnt leave the country what do they have to do ? pay 1900 baht every 3 mths? pardon my ignorance

At this time they only have the amnesty and once that ends will have to leave or attempt to obtain 30 day extensions of stay if they can not meet requirements for longer extensions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superatoz said:

so if the non imm O visa holder , came in for 90 days , applied for 60 days and applied for 30 days ,  after this what happens ?

The application for a 30-day extension would be denied (assuming no embassy letter) and you would be given seven days to leave the country.

 

1 minute ago, superatoz said:

they need to leave the country and come back? there is no way that they could stay here for 1 year without leaving ? 

You either need to extend your permission to stay (an option to extent for one year is available) under the relevant Police Order, or leave.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, superatoz said:

since now there is no way to get out of the country

Plenty of ways to fly out. It's the returning that is almost impossible.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, superatoz said:

so if the non imm O visa holder , came in for 90 days , applied for 60 days and got their 30 days extended in total which is about 6 mths ,  after this what happens ?

 

they need to leave the country and come back? there is no way that they could stay here for 1 year without leaving ? 

Yep, just about exhausted the options.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been  many changes lately that I am at a loss as to my situation, so any help would be appreciated. I had a Non O Retirement visa and was getting annual extension of stay. My last trip to Thailand was planned for the end of February, and renewing my visa in March. Due to the rapid spread of the virus, my trip became inadvisable and my extension expired in April.

 

I would like at some point in the near future to apply once more for a Non O Retirement visa and before the 90th day of expiration apply for a yearly extension. Basically, what I have done for the past 10 years. I do have all of the old qualifications for the Retirement visa still in effect (800K THB in the bank, Tabien Baan etc.).

 

Has anything changed with regard to Retirement visas or can I go through the old routine again, as I detailed above?

 

Any advice will be appreciated.

 

KF

 

BTW, if I do not get a one year visa and only visit Thailand on a tourist visa, and my bank ATM card expires, will the bank (Bangkok Bank) renew my card or tel me - sorry, no card for you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Khun Falang said:

There have been  many changes lately that I am at a loss as to my situation, so any help would be appreciated. I had a Non O Retirement visa and was getting annual extension of stay. My last trip to Thailand was planned for the end of February, and renewing my visa in March. Due to the rapid spread of the virus, my trip became inadvisable and my extension expired in April.

 

I would like at some point in the near future to apply once more for a Non O Retirement visa and before the 90th day of expiration apply for a yearly extension. Basically, what I have done for the past 10 years. I do have all of the old qualifications for the Retirement visa still in effect (800K THB in the bank, Tabien Baan etc.).

 

Has anything changed with regard to Retirement visas or can I go through the old routine again, as I detailed above?

 

Any advice will be appreciated.

 

KF

 

BTW, if I do not get a one year visa and only visit Thailand on a tourist visa, and my bank ATM card expires, will the bank (Bangkok Bank) renew my card or tel me - sorry, no card for you...

Once here with a non immigrant O visa or making conversion from tourist or visa exempt entry at extra 2,000 baht fee you can resume the one year extensions as in the past (you are aware of new financial requirement to keep 800k in account 5 months and never let get below 400k).

 

Never been in that ATM card position but all branch in Bangkok now issue (rather than have to use account branch) do not believe it would be an issue.

 

Edited by lopburi3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...