I last did my 90-day report in March and the next report was due in June when the amnesty was still in place. Where do I stand with my 90-day report now? Do I have to file it before September 26th? 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In truth 90 day reports should've/could've been continued through the amnesty which really was only in place for tourists stranded here, it didn't apply to you. I have a retirement visa, which ex

That is not correct. It applied to everybody. If you read the ministerial notice it does not differentiate on who it applied to. I skipped mine in April due to the rule saying you should stay at

Even though there was an amnesty I continued to file my 90 day reports as normal as I didn't want to get caught in the mammoth queues once the various amnesty periods ended. If you file before 26th Se

Posted Images

I suggest you do your 90 day report as soon as possible. A few days after the 26th should not cause you to pay a 2000 baht fine for a late report.

Thanks ubonjoe. As far as I know, the amnesty ends on Friday. Are you saying that immigration are giving some leeway, so if I went on Monday then I wouldn't be fined?

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you do your 90 day report as soon as possible. A few days after the 26th should not cause you to fineded  2000 baht for a late report.

1 hour ago, farang1979 said:

Thanks ubonjoe. As far as I know, the amnesty ends on Friday.

It ends on Saturday the 26th at midnight. There is 7 days after the report date allowed and they should abide by that.

Even though there was an amnesty I continued to file my 90 day reports as normal as I didn't want to get caught in the mammoth queues once the various amnesty periods ended. If you file before 26th September you shouldn't get a fine but the queues might be huge. Use an agent to avoid the queues it will be cheaper than paying a fine next week. 

Edited by JusticeGB
Typo
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. It applied to everybody. If you read the ministerial notice it does not differentiate on who it applied to.

I skipped mine in April due to the rule saying you should stay at home unless it was something you had to do. I got caught up last month when I when I went to immigration to apply for my one year extension. No questions asked and I got a receipt with a report date in November.

ubonjoe - same, but mine expired on the 30th June, so I couldn't report then. I can't find my original 90 days receipt but I have a photo copy of it, would they accept that? 

Secondly, can you (or anyone) recommend an agent or does it need to be done in person in this case?

Finally, I also believe that 90 days needs to be done at Muang Thong Thani, can you confirm that?   

Edited by farang1979
16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. It applied to everybody. If you read the ministerial notice it does not differentiate on who it applied to.

I skipped mine in April due to the rule saying you should stay at home unless it was something you had to do. I got caught up last month when I when I went to immigration to apply for my one year extension. No questions asked and I got a receipt with a report date in November.

I did my 90 day reports online.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I did my 90 day reports online.

Same here.  If the web page is up and running and you've done at least one report in person before, it's a godsend on occasions when there may well be pandemonium at IOs.

So just a quick update guys. You have to have an online appointment to even do 90 days at Muang Thong Thani. This information isn't displayed anywhere, I found out from another foreigner who was there. I had to leave as there were no appointments left. 

I wonder how many of those tourists who originally entered Thailand visa-exempt or on a tourist visa, have since been covered by the amnesty and are now intending to go down the 30-day Embassy letter extension route realise that they, too, will now be subject to the 90-day reporting requirement. Could be a 2,000 THB "rude awakening" for quite a few of them in due course, I suspect!

53 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I wonder how many of those tourists who originally entered Thailand visa-exempt or on a tourist visa, have since been covered by the amnesty and are now intending to go down the 30-day Embassy letter extension route realise that they, too, will now be subject to the 90-day reporting requirement. Could be a 2,000 THB "rude awakening" for quite a few of them in due course, I suspect!

Their application for a extension would be considered as the first one and it will count as doing a 90 day report. Their 90 day report would be due 90 days from the day they apply.