Quarantine life

snoop1130

Quarantine life

by Saree Jitta

20278-1170x781.jpg

Just want to check in with you if you still stay sane and strong at home? At least we’re still allowed to go buy food in the supermarket, have the internet at home. And if you still have food in your fridge and a roof over your head, safe and healthy at home. It’s a bless!

If you’re like me, who’s into health and fitness. I am sure that there might have been some thoughts run into your head – how am I going to lose my gain, and will I get fat at this time. Some of us get used to going to the gym (where we can let it all out and make it up for the food we ate on the weekend) but now the gym is closed and I have to stay home where I can get access to my fridge and kitchen cabinet whenever I want. Sounds scary right? I feel for you. That’s why I make sure to stick to my workout, journal and meditate to keep me grounded and sane.

One morning I was having breakfast and watching my mom take all her medicines out. I thought to myself, does she normally have so many different medicines? Maybe I just do not know because I was always rushing to work or busy doing my own thing. Then it’s kind of a self-realisation for me in a way to slow down a bit and look around. Perhaps it’s a time for us all to slow down and look after ourselves and our loved ones. 

To be honest this is the first time in my life I get to witness a crisis like this. I mean there have been many crises in the past, but I think this is probably the one that I feel the most. I was driving home the other day; the road was quite empty, and I have never seen Bangkok this quiet before, except on holiday (it feels like a holiday because you can stay home and not go to work but not really) I asked myself. Are we really in a crisis or have we been in a crisis all along, but we just wake up to a reality for the first time that we all need to change and do something for ourselves, for the environment, and for global mankind?

Anyway, today I am not here to tell you to think big right now or think way too much about the future because worrying too much for something that we can’t see or hasn’t happened yet, takes away today’s peace. This is the only moment we have now. Just try and take it one day at a time.

So, let me give you 5 tips to help you all stay fit and healthy at home. 

Look after your physical health.

As we know this virus can damage the lungs, so you better get your exercise (resistance training and cardio) regularly 3-4 times a week. I mean in general; you should do exercise regularly anyway but at this time we want to make sure we’re strong and healthy. Once our immune system is weak chances you might get sick.

If you’re a fitness freak or gym junky like me you need to work on your mindset that you’re not going to lose your gain or get fat, as long as you still put stress (stimulate) on your muscles. This is the time you pay attention to how your body moves; bodyweight exercise is a great way for you to work on your mind-muscle connection. Watch your tempo or time under tension, you can do the eccentric movement. Strengthen the part on your body that you’ve neglected, if you’ve been doing heavy lifting take this time to rest and recover. When you go back to the gym again, you’ll feel much better and can lift heavy again (maybe not the first week but slowly you’ll gain your all strength back if not more.)

Look after your mental health.

You can journal or meditate. If you’re stress or have anxiety about the situation. I want you to feel it. How does it feel? Do you feel scared? Does it feel like you are in darkness?

Full Story: https://expatlifeinthailand.com/health-and-beauty/quarantine-life/

expat.png

-- © Copyright Expat Life in Thailand 2020-09-21