China air force video appears to show simulated attack on U.S. base on Guam

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Morch, I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say.

Please tell me :   do you say you are fine with what China did or are you not fine  ??

thats it ....  please answer my question 

I'm not interested in your nonsense. You do not get to frame issues and topics into yes-no answers.

My posts are not more complicated than the complex world we live in. It's only your version of it that's simplistic.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

"We are the defenders of the motherland's aerial security; we have the confidence and ability to always defend the security of the motherland's skies," the air force wrote in a brief description for the video.

To me that sounds worse than the Wuhan Virus. 

The clip was lifted from a film, this sounds like old-school manga.

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not interested in your nonsense. You do not get to frame issues and topics into yes-no answers.

My posts are not more complicated than the complex world we live in. It's only your version of it that's simplistic.

forget it if you can't answer a simple question .....   lol

17 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

equivalent military posturing would be the Chinese sailing around the Catalinas or a buzz by bombers over the Bahamas. There's a lot of oil/gas under the seabed which the Chinese covet most imo. It's presently their neck of the woods and unless the Americans are willing to put millions of their citizens lives at risk over this then maybe they should go try to help the folks of Ukraine obtain democracy, if they're in such a  mood to be world saviors - but wait that might upset the other commies...  

Oh, I see - you moved the goalposts.

It's one thing to comment about the realities, or likelihood of conflict, retaliation and the rest. And quite different to claim China is not engaging in actions expressing it's dissatisfaction with pretty much everything it doesn't like or approve of.

I'm not claiming that there will be anything effectively done vs. China. Or even that there's some realistic option to do so. Take it a step further, not even sure what the grounds for such a thing would be.

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, I see - you moved the goalposts.

It's one thing to comment about the realities, or likelihood of conflict, retaliation and the rest. And quite different to claim China is not engaging in actions expressing it's dissatisfaction with pretty much everything it doesn't like or approve of.

I'm not claiming that there will be anything effectively done vs. China. Or even that there's some realistic option to do so. Take it a step further, not even sure what the grounds for such a thing would be.

IMO the only grounds would be first strike, and I mean on US soil not Taiwan. But then life for all will probably be meaningless anyway - so that won't occur unless some misconstrued accident happens with all this pointless posturing. With the military shipping incidents/accidents seemingly trending upward in the last 10yrs that likelihood is worrying.. 

1 hour ago, scammed said:

china cant even begin to compete in an armed conflict,

they have zero force projection, but worse still is they cant even protect nearby sea lines, they couldnt even secure

the sea line to singapore

an interesting comparison

imo if the USA wants to start a fight, it's now or never

in 20 or 30 years, maybe sooner. the China military power will be superior to the USA

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

an interesting comparison

imo if the USA wants to start a fight, it's now or never

in 20 or 30 years, maybe sooner. the China military power will be superior to the USA

it diverge from the issue imo,

a war between the two would not ever be a land war,

the US can and will choke chinese trade to a standstill

with no effort at all, and china can not do anything about it.

they also wont be able to change that fact for at least the next 50 years, unless USA manages to kill them self by the endless budget deficits.

maybe, if they act lightning fast, they might be able to overrun taiwan before US can muster counter action,

and use those specifically developed carrier killer ballistic missiles to keep US navy out of effective reach, but for that system to be effective they would need to first set up a sound system similar to SOSUS up to 500 miles, that can be used for targeting

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1