Loei to be promoted as new world-class tourism destination

snoop1130

Somehow "world class" just doesn't cut it for attracting tourists.

TAT needs to start promoting off planet, perhaps even build landing pads for alien spacecraft

If you build it, they will come.... and if they don't, well "stimulated" economy

The Flying Saucer Gambit– Books On The Boulevard

I don't think Chiang Khan has an airport.  If it does, it's super small.  The main city isn't that close.  Looking at a map, there is only one road there that can handle traffic.  

"World Class" is BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket.  

Number 4 is exponentially down the list.   

If people run out of money from the aforementioned, they go to CM.

They should pick Udon Thani or Khon Kaen.  

I've seen "World Class Standard" stuff before........5555555555555555

• Like 2

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

It is a good idea to plan ahead and get Loei into a world class international tourist venue.

It is a pity that there are no world class toursts (who actually bring money into Thailand) allowed to visit Thailand, probably until next year. Even then if nothing changes they will have to spend 2 weeks in a government sponsored ASQ at their own expense before they are allowed to get out to visit Loei.

We are going up near there next Wed on the current government initiative. Sounds like another initiative coming shortly which would explain why the current one has not been extended. Look forward to the details and just hope it is as generous as the current arrangement.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Surin could follow this lead....there's swampy lake and a few broken down bars.....honeymooners would love it there!

There's an elephant roundup festival in Surin every year. Tourists will love it. And they will love the farms and wats around Surin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I went there as a young backpacker in 1987. Had a beautiful hotel room right on the river for next to nothing. Those were the days. Had a great view of Laos where it was still next to impossible to get a visa.

I was in Laos for honeymoon in 2014. No problem to get a visa on the Thai side of the Mekong river. 

54 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Correct, but Loei has and is currently served by Thai Air Asia, and Nok Air:-

Loei Destination Guide

I don't know if it is still happening but when I was there Air Asia had a mini-bus connection from the airport to Chiang Khan ..it seemed to be very popular.. 

• Thanks 1