Loei to be promoted as new world-class tourism destination

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Haha. I am going to Loei for the first time in December. Of course, it will be very boring.

Im not that kind person , that i go trip what i think it's boring! Have to be silly to do that! Cancel your plan's. Stay where you are and live inside your box! I think place like Pattay is boring , reason im not go there! I have travel much, seen all kind's your world class destination's! Really nothing to see! 

• Like 1

A bit ridiculous, when roadblocks and quarantine are going to discourage all but the wealthiest tourists. Permit me to doubt they would be interested in a backwater anyway.

Having said that, Loei and its surrounds is a pleasant place, and the drive from Loei down to Petchabun goes through some spectacular scenery.

• Like 2

My hotel just renamed itself..

World Class Super Standard Best of Best of Best Go Go Go

I tried to explain to them that "go go go" might give the wrong impression.

Then they showed me the back room....

Back to Loei, let me see how far it is from Chiang Khan to Pattaya.  

OK, very very far.  

Is Chiang Rai world class yet?  

28 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Im not that kind person , that i go trip what i think it's boring! Have to be silly to do that! Cancel your plan's. Stay where you are and live inside your box! I think place like Pattay is boring , reason im not go there! I have travel much, seen all kind's your world class destination's! Really nothing to see! 

Thailand is an extremely boring country. Unless you are an alchy or a whore monger there is literally no reason to be here.

I have travelled all over the world, and unlike many on here I don't 'live' in a box, exist on 20k a month, buy my dinners from 7 eleven, and think a 'day out' is going to Big C or the local coffee shop.

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ventenio said:

I don't think Chiang Khan has an airport.  If it does, it's super small.  The main city isn't that close.  Looking at a map, there is only one road there that can handle traffic.  

"World Class" is BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket.  

Number 4 is exponentially down the list.   

If people run out of money from the aforementioned, they go to CM.

They should pick Udon Thani or Khon Kaen.  

I've seen "World Class Standard" stuff before........5555555555555555

Good, keep away, leave our little gem to the people who have known about it 30 years

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Thailand is an extremely boring country. Unless you are an alchy or a whore monger there is literally no reason to be here.

I have travelled all over the world, and unlike many on here I don't 'live' in a box, exist on 20k a month, buy my dinners from 7 eleven, and think a 'day out' is going to Big C or the local coffee shop.

You obviously have not been to Loei. Stay away!!

15 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Your comment about going to big C is a day out, looks like it was aimed at me, and yes going to big C is a day out for me, unable to get out without help to get on my scooter, and am limited to 12 or so ks distance.

I also have traveled the world,  24 countries, from as far away as Canada to Hong Kong.

Aimed at you?? Why on earth would have I been thinking about you, what a very odd thing to say. Do we know each other?

24 countries? Sorry, but that is not many.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, peleid said:

Bring your Woolies!

I forgot to mention that the first time I was there I found a decent hotel in the morning I was seeing all these people wearing jackets and woolie jumpers whats up with them, I was sitting outside eating my breakfast the girl said to come sit inside it's to cold, nah it's fine for me like a spring morning in England

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

You haven't seen the real Pattaya yet. The Dark Side where the bar girls live. 

And there are Thai-British Rock&Roll bars on the Dark Side, too. With Thai bar girls working in the night shifts. For those who can't get out of bed in the early mornings. For you. 

Edited by micmichd
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Do they use the nature as a garbage dump, just like the other world-class tourism destinations in Thailand?

There are bins in Thailand, and plastic bags are not en vogue anymore. So, you won't rarely meet a Thai littering in the Mekong river. 

Why don't you go there if you're in Thailand and find out yourself? 

Edited by micmichd

2 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

..it seemed to be very popular.. 

Yes indeed, certainly during two visits I made from Khon Kaen before I left Thailand. Not many "farangs" but extremely popular with Thai folk. Many restaurants and souvenir type shops. Evidently the Mekong resort can be packed during public holidays. I stayed in a quieter riverside resort towards Si Chiang Mai and Nong Khai. Take the Mekong route 211 from Chiang Khan towards Si Chiang Mai. Loei photo:-

Charming Chiang Khan (Loei, Thailand) | Loei, Tourist, Thailand travel

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

How marvellous for you. Presumably you are young, rich, and irresistible to women.

So tell me, why are your posts on TV so repetitious? You remind me of a musician who only knows one tune.

Because it's probably true. Thai women love young musicians. They even like Old Farangs when they hear music they know - in Pattaya: British music. 

And with music you know they make your life easier when you're old and dream of better days. 

18 hours ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Haha. I am going to Loei for the first time in December. Of course, it will be very boring.

Why on earth would you judge a place before you've been there?

I had a great time there about 10 years ago. 

Helps of course if you have a local with you. 

Enough to do and see for a week.

1613039089_mejeab-mekong.thumb.JPG.0bb26fd7a644a0cbd2df4a9abd37d357.JPG

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rosst said:

Well that is a shame, I like Loei just the way I remember it as a less spoiled part of Thailand. 

I have a house in Nong Khai province in a quiet little village and it is beautiful and so are the people. 

I hope TAT can't find it. 

They will. 

All Issan is designed to become a tourist destination. The people there will still be beautiful and friendly, but they will have jobs - real jobs. 

My lady is Issani, too. She once set me out in a rice field, then picked me up again, and smilingly questioned me: "This is our rural life in Issan. Would you like to live a life like this all your life?" And I said "No. Where is my ATM card?" 

Then she replied "Well, see? I didn't want either, and I have a child to feed. That's why we go to work in Pattaya and even to Europe" 

I was shocked, and I said: "Yes, I understand. You work in Pattaya, and I help you and your with money as much as I can." 

Now, Issan has changed a lot, and so has Pattaya. Former Issan farmers work in Chonburi's Eastern Economic Corridor, and Issan ladies work in Pattaya or Jomtien. But they brought their charming mentality with them.

Many did go back to their small Issan towns which are now converted into tourist hotpots. They also have to live on something. 

My Issan ladies daughter is one of them, she still goes to college, but she's already got a job in an Issan hotel. So, converting Issan towns to tourist destinations is in all our interest. 

The old beautiful Issan farmhouse will still be there, my in-laws live there, and maybe my Issan lady and me will go to settle there one day. 

Only time will tell what we made of our lives. 

Rgds.

from an ex-hippie who fell in love with South East Asia once, then became an IT professional in a global bank, and at retirement age went back to South East Asia.

I feel like I'm at home here. That is the lifestyle I always wanted, and that's what I worked for. 

As you can easily see, everybody is different. Same same but different. 

• Like 2