Phuket Immigration overwhelmed as foreigners race to extend stay in Thailand

snoop1130

3 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Just love this bar stool, tough guy attitude from the TVF. Standing tall and proud with Thai immigration against these filthy farangs. They similarly suffer from various deficiencies and inadequacies, and have a serious need of an ego boost at the expense of others.

Anyway, in many cases we were told to wait, by either immigration or our employers. Many went to immigration quite early. They didn't know what to tell us. I distinctly saw several on the TVF quoting immigration with things to the effect of "we don't know, come back later, the government will have an answer". Or their papers were denied straight away, or not looked at at all.

In my case and others I've seen, we were led to believe by our employers that they were handing it. They had us filling in and signing papers since two months ago. They hinted at having contacts in immigration, had been making progress, and we were going straight to Non-B. Turns out they were getting nowhere. Now we're all scrambling to do get this Covid "under consideration" stamp ourselves.

While the bar stool honorary Thai immigration officers have been furiously tapping away as they kick back those Leos, a tough job, I know, I've been working 6-7 day weeks trying to teach in a compressed Covid schedule, hoping this job of mine will soon be made totally legit, as the authorities have yet to make a clear path to do so.

Sorry tale but it's been 6 months of free stay without the right visa and not relying on border runs. Those with some brains took care of it and are probably the ones sitting on the stool laughing. Make sure you dress appropriately and use sunscreen. I don't drink during the daytime, but if you see someone with a Pepsi, it could be me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Sorry tale but it's been 6 months of free stay without the right visa and not relying on border runs. Those with some brains took care of it and are probably the ones sitting on the stool laughing. Make sure you dress appropriately and use sunscreen. I don't drink during the daytime, but if you see someone with a Pepsi, it could be me.

How much is this specific brand paying you? 55555555 For free publicity.....5555555