Certify affidavit?

Hello everyone, 

Today i went to immigration (Nonthaburi office) for my first one year extension (non O visa based on marriage). The officer told me to certify the affidavid (proofs of funds for 40k per month) provided by my embassy. I had what they asked to me: my thai bank statements (3 months), my thai updated account passbook, my french bank statements (7 months). 

First i feel strange to certify my affidavit, never heard about after having checked lot of forums or even in the immigration website.

Second, offcer showed me as example an affidavit in english stamped by MFA.

If i understood well, i still have to translate my french affidavit(even it's written in english) then certify in MFA, same as when i married? 

Sorry for my english, i'm french ????

Edited by Silvio45

You need to have the consular officers signature that is on your affidavit verified by Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Info is here. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/ขั้นตอนการรับรองเอกสาร

More info in Thai is here: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/page/cate-6441-รับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร?menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c008184

It will not need to be translated if it is in English.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to have the consular officers signature that is on your affidavit verified by Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.

Info is here. https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/ขั้นตอนการรับรองเอกสาร

More info in Thai is here: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/page/cate-6441-รับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร?menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c008184

It will not need to be translated if it is in English.

There is a translation service in the same building of the Foreign Ministry where they do legalization / translation office is at 2nd floor while legalization office on the 3rd floor

• Thanks 1

No need to translate the proof of funds provided by embassy. 400bahts and i got it before noon. Back to immigration and after 5 hours wait i got the 30 days "under consideration" extension. They still have to visit where i live then will have to go back to office for getting the extension. Feel like it will never end... but don't give up and you will get what you want ????

Ok io came at home today, they took pictures and questioned my wife and the witness. They asked me nothing in 15 minutes they stayed for the visit. After that they told to wait for decision. Five minutes later they left home one io called back my wife to ask if we don't live in another house several times and when we met like they didn't believe us and again to wait decision afyer the date on my passport(october 22nd on my passport)....why after???

We are currently living with my wife's parents in the house, maybe house is a bit old so they thought why farang is living there with thai family... i don't know but makes me feel stressed because i believed the hardest was done with papers and proof of funds and i really don't want to have my extension of stay rejected because of io's doubt. 

I guess there is no way to know if my case will be accepted or not before the end of "under consideration" extension. 

My question is: what can i do if they reject my extension of stay? The new amnesty extension is till october 31st, will they let me apply again for a 1year extension or not?

Edited by Silvio45

7 hours ago, Silvio45 said:

My question is: what can i do if they reject my extension of stay?

The chances of it being denied are extremely low. After it being accepted by your local it is more less a done deal. If there are any problems the application that will contact you get the problem resolved.

The home visit is mostly to prove that you are living together as husband and wife.

It no approved the normal procedure is to give you a stamp that allows you 7 days to leave the country but I don't recall that ever happening since I don't recall one being disapproved.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...