Foreigners in Thailand face fines and jail for overstaying as visa amnesty ends

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

It's after 5 PM on Sept 26th. I think the final bell has rung. Those in line might or might not get served.

When will you stop posting uniformed nonsense?

First of all, because the date falls on a Saturday, extensions will still be processed on Monday without fear of overstay.

Secondly, there might still be an extension to the amnesty. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They can't arrest ten's of thousand's tourist! Want 1200 come here, still want kick 150000 out! What sense of mind is that! If they act like had told, arrest all whitout valid visa what kind message that give to all! Who want anymore come here ever, mean normal tourist, if they can treat you like trash!

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

They can't arrest ten's of thousand's tourist! Want 1200 come here, still want kick 150000 out! What sense of mind is that! If they act like had told, arrest all whitout valid visa what kind message that give to all! Who want anymore come here ever, mean normal tourist, if they can treat you like trash!

Yes. They want 150,000 people who either steal jobs from Thais and work illegally, or spend 3000 baht per month replaced by 1,200 of these who spend a million baht a month. The end number is nearly the same, and the losses of Thai people on keeping these foreigners alive would be greatly cut.

Poor guys out, rich guys in.

Haven't you at all been listening what the plan is?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Yes. They want 150,000 people who either steal jobs from Thais and work illegally, or spend 3000 baht per month replaced by 1,200 of these who spend a million baht a month. The end number is nearly the same, and the losses of Thai people on keeping these foreigners alive would be greatly cut.

Poor guys out, rich guys in.

Haven't you at all been listening what the plan is?

Sorry to say, but there used to be all kinds of Farang trash tourists here every winter. 

Like pennyless Nazi German losers on nanny state benefits sitting in front of 7/11 in Pattaya Beach and yelling "Heil Hitler!" 

These kinds of Farangs ARE trash, and it's good if they get sorted out. I really don't miss them Nazis at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, micmichd said:

Sorry to say, but there used to be all kinds of Farang trash tourists here every winter. 

Like pennyless Nazi German losers on nanny state benefits sitting in front of 7/11 in Pattaya Beach and yelling "Heil Hitler!" 

These kinds of Farangs ARE trash, and it's good if they get sorted out. I really don't miss them Nazis at all. 

Why would you choose to come to a place that attracts the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Breaking News > Amnesty extended till 31st October.

https://bangkokherald.com/thailand/thailand-visa-amnesty-gets-last-minute-extension-to-oct-31-sources/

Official announcement expected Monday.

Great news for guys who weren’t able to get an extension or a flight out but makes Thai immigration/Government look a bit stupid.

After this debacle, who will take them serious again & believe this extension is the last one? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Why would you choose to come to a place that attracts the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst?

Simply because there's other places to go in Pattaya. Like the Dark Side of Pattaya where I live. The Issan side of Pattaya. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, micmichd said:

I've spent many decades in Thailand but haven't ever seen those kind of people. But then I don't spend time in Pattaya, if I can avoid it. 

1 hour ago, Ganesh108 said:

I've spent many decades in Thailand but haven't ever seen those kind of people. But then I don't spend time in Pattaya, if I can avoid it. 

Let me guess; you only go to Pattaya when you come into some extra money, and then only to confirm your bad impression of the place ably assisted by a bar gi local expert?

Yo'd be surprised how many of you there are spread around different Nakhon Nowheres. Many of them can be found trolling the Pattaya forum.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ganesh108 said:

Those bums are not there anymore. They got deported from Thailand. You find them on the streets of Germany now. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ventenio said:

let me define...

1.  you wear socks

2.  wider than tall

3.  no shirt

4.  so many tattoos you have more ink in your body than blood

5.  sip tea

6. say football not soccer

7.  sit in a restaurant for 11 hours a day, alone, texting girls

8.  haven't said a positive word since 1989

9.  in 1989, you were 100

if you want to know, go to pattaya after 8 p.m.  no farang is there will good intentions.

i will pray for you farang.  

• Like 1

Just come from a quick visit to Nongkhai immigration (90 day report).....loaded with people......stunned by the lack of general protection,(mask and  distancing) i was asked to come back in a couple of days......this was @ 08.30

23 minutes ago, hgma said:

Just come from a quick visit to Nongkhai immigration (90 day report).....loaded with people......stunned by the lack of general protection,(mask and  distancing) i was asked to come back in a couple of days......this was @ 08.30

Did all those there not hear about the 3rd Amnesty extension which is in the pipeline and to be announced in course of this afternoon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1