Documents required to apply for my half Thai son's first UK passport in Bangkok

Hello,

I aplologise if this question has been asked already but I can't for the life of me find the required answers!

I have a 2 month old half Thai/British son here in Thailand and I want to apply for his first UK passport.

Does anyone know the required supporting documents that are required for the application?

Thanks,

Thomas 

I used an agent as I don't have a UK credit card. The agent had to go to Bangkok twice to hand over the documents and paid the passport fee with his credit card. If you go yourself and just miss out one document you must go back home and make another appointment with the agency appointed by the UK Government to process your child's passport. This is definitely a case where a good agent is worth there weight in gold. If they make a mistake they have to make that second journey. 

2 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I used an agent as I don't have a UK credit card. The agent had to go to Bangkok twice to hand over the documents and paid the passport fee with his credit card. If you go yourself and just miss out one document you must go back home and make another appointment with the agency appointed by the UK Government to process your child's passport. This is definitely a case where a good agent is worth there weight in gold. If they make a mistake they have to make that second journey. 

Yep a good agent can be really helpful

The information you require is on the UK web-site, you can download the application you need to fill in.

[Make sure you fill it in in BLACK INK]
The office you need to go to process your documents is inside the "Trendy building" which is located in a soi off of Sukhumvit road central Bangkok.

Last time I went I used BTS to Nana station and just a short walk.

16 hours ago, natway09 said:

Suggest try & talk to the British Embassy  old chap, if there is still anyone there with a tongue

It's nothing to do with the Embassy.

HMPO have an office at the Trendy in Sukhumvit soi 13 and use VFS to check the application.  It's then sent by DHL to Liverpool where the passport is issued and sent back to Bangkok where you collect it.

The British parent needs to show his/her long-form birth certificate to prove they are British Otherwise Than By Descent, plus copies of both parents' passports, other ID, marriage certificate (if they are married) and proof of address in Thailand.  The child's Thai birth certificate needs to be translated into English.

Archived