Who's Holding Out For A 22-Sept Announcment?

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Here on the opening announcement. https://bangkokimmigration.com/2020/07/03/ประชาสัมพันธ์ย้ายเคาน์/

It appears the appointment site says something different. I think any appointment gets you inside the door.

Thanks UbonJoe.

Reading it more carefully, the appointment site option for tourist visa extension says "Extension by Tourist Visa (TR) issue by Thai Embassy or Consulate (TR60 - online 1)" which sort of implies extending a stay by getting a tourist visa online, rather than in person.

Seems immigration may have accidentally sown some extra seeds of confusion.  Quite a messy crop there is to farm!

22 minutes ago, Coronazorro said:

All my posts get deleted, the world is becoming politically correct and only for the ones who follow the crowd, remember to obey!

The world isn't becoming 'politically correct', you just referred to Asians as 'pussies' in an earlier post AND you're a COVID-iot conspiracy theorist to boot.

Perhaps that's the problem here behind your posts being deleted?

Edited by tabbycat
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

Reading it more carefully, the appointment site option for tourist visa extension says "Extension by Tourist Visa (TR) issue by Thai Embassy or Consulate (TR60 - online 1)" which sort of implies extending a stay by getting a tourist visa online, rather than in person.

That's the problem when you design & write all your websites in Thai copy then simply use a translator to create the English version of the webpage - it's 2020 and the immigration department doesn't have an English speaking copywriter for their website. Madness.

Edited by tabbycat

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Have a look at Richard Barrow's blog, he is a teacher and his school arranged it for several of their teachers. They got the visa and the WP while in the country.

From what I understand Richard Barrow isn't a teacher but he "runs the IT department" of the school that employs him. Not sure how that warrants getting a work permit as Thailand has a lot of competent, young IT staff that could use a job right now but hey what do I know. Given that he's on the road with TAT and doing his photography seeming 90% of the time that IT job can't be very demanding.

5 hours ago, anandra said:

But it looks like they like people keep coming, after getting under consideration stamp we must visit IO twice a month won't it create a chaos? and if we go for second extension next month, again 2 visits to immigration a month.

Yes indeed as all 30 days extentions will start on 27 Sept so 12 Oct and 26 Oct will have rush like never before, exept if there is a new measure announced.

16 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why people don't want go they own coundry? Those who can flight! To me 8 month in Thailand one time is more than enough.  Im sad about those who need come here and can't! 

In my country, most everything is closed and people are just stuck at home.  Malls, restaurants, bars all closed.  It would be a lonely bleak winter if I returned home.  I am also sad for the people suck in my country this winter.

• Haha 1

A post containing content from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Some off topic trolling posts bickering about digital nomads and the replies have been removed

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is there some issue to a another extension with another Embassy letter?

In theory, should be no issue. One Immi spokesperson even stated unlimited extensions was possible. But no one has any real-world results on that yet. We'll find out late Oct. ???? 

Edited by audaciousnomad

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't think repeat/ongoing 30 day has been confirmed by immigration? I did see in news that it would be ongoing, however I ignore most newspapers in Thailand.

Also it seems only USA were providing seamless embassy letters. There were some not providing letter and some like UK were not all that straight forward based on few reports.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

No issue. Can change to another type of 60/90 day extension on top of you wish. Just make sure you give it a few days prior to expiry, as most agents will want your passport minimum one week before your 30 days expire

23 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why people don't want go they own coundry? Those who can flight! To me 8 month in Thailand one time is more than enough.  Im sad about those who need come here and can't! 

People have lives here. People have different problems. I have lived here few years. Maybe thats one reason in millions why.

Not all of us are tourist, this situation will hit many of us who is really having life in here.

Some are lucky to have all sortet some not, its not automatic that all have this time money or even if have money can have options.

I should be the most rich guy cause i have finnish nationality, but im currently broke, my thai neighbors has lot more money than me 55

Its not always black and white.

If any of you have plans to live here in future but cant stay right now, try somehow to get out. I really feel sorry for those who cannot and have life in here.

For tourists who has option to go home i dont really feel sorry.

after all this time i have done my best  living in place where i can mostly just go with speaking thai, going to temple to help, done my part of this neighborhood, really give my 100% to be good guy, im still not enough for this country. And never will.

It will always be like that, but the people of Thailand is facing real problems, while we can always go "home" we just need to remember that. You can complain here but remember, here is millions of people who needs their own country to fix "few" things.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

No issue. Can change to another type of 60/90 day extension on top of you wish. Just make sure you give it a few days prior to expiry, as most agents will want your passport minimum one week before your 30 days expire

And also, 15 days needed before expiry if you wish to apply for a long-stay visa such as ED/Volunteer.

I live beside the TAT building and they’re holding a meeting on the front steps. The one speaking with a mic is setting things on fire, and someone else comes and extinguishes it. Not sure what it’s about, perhaps a fire drill, however symbolic of Thailand’s tourism, as it stands. 

• Haha 1

no amnesty but cv19 has been added to dangerous disease list on immigration ????

https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/35295

The essence of the draft ministerial regulation 
                   Determine the coronavirus disease 2019 ( COVID-19) or COVID 19 as a prohibited disease under Section 12 (4) and Section 44 (2) of the Immigration Act 2522 as follows: 
                   1. Diseases under section 12 (4) including  
                             (1) leprosy
                             (2) dangerous tuberculosis
                             (3) leprosy in  the social disgust 
                             (4) narcotic drug disease
                             (5) syphilis stage 3
                             (6) Coronavirus 2019 disease or COVID 19
                   2. Diseases under Section 44 (2) are
                             (1) Leprosy 
                             (2) Tuberculosis in dangerous stage 
                             (3) Elephant filigree disease
                             (4) Narcotic drug disease 
                             ( 5) Alcoholism 
                             (6) Stage III syphilis
                             (7) Coronavirus 2019 or COVID-19.

13 minutes ago, worldfun said:

no amnesty but cv19 has been added to dangerous disease list on immigration ????

https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/35295

The essence of the draft ministerial regulation 
                   Determine the coronavirus disease 2019 ( COVID-19) or COVID 19 as a prohibited disease under Section 12 (4) and Section 44 (2) of the Immigration Act 2522 as follows: 

Which means prohibited from entering or taking up residence in the Kingdom.