Who's Holding Out For A 22-Sept Announcment?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Have you made a booking. As far as I know MTT require booking.

I made one but also read they have normal queue service too. Think with booking will be less wait. For visa exempt, it is only a broad time, morning or afternoon and nothing specific.

Here in point 1 of the rules for booking "If you do not show up on time, lack of required documents, spend lots of time to edit required documents or choose wrong type of service, Immigration division 1 reserves the right to cancel the queue. However you can still use the normal queue service." Last sentence seems to imply there is also a normal queue service, no?

Here's a question. Is this the right service for covid extension with embassy letter at MTT for people on visa exempt? "Applying for short term Visa At Muangthong Thani (K - Counter K)" I found nothing else that seemed to fit.

Edited by vermin on arrival

17 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Here's a question. Is this the right service for covid extension with embassy letter at MTT for people on visa exempt? "Applying for short term Visa At Muangthong Thani (K - Counter K)" I found nothing else that seemed to fit.

That's the one I chose. I guess it means first-come first-served for visa exempt folks.  Gonna be a long day for some who don't get there early.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, khhainuui said:

Non imm b 90days. Have apartment, soon married (waiting documents from "home") im not wishing any amnesty, just let us do visas for f sake...

Usually the only type of 'visa' obtainable in country is conversion from a TV or Exempt Entry for various purposes to then pursue an Extension. Or an Elite. You already have the Non-Imm-O Permit and need an Extension. Usually it is retirement (50+), marriage, or volunteer. There are also shorter extensions for having a Thai dependent or wife, or with an embassy letter showing you cannot get home.

Do not turn your back on the option of using an agent even if you feel it is 'corrupt'.... it is the way things are done here. If you get to a situation of being 'locked up', it is very unpleasant and difficult to get out of, and deportation is usually the result.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I was thinking... They could annonce something like "there will be no arrest, deportation, nor blacklisting, for overstay"... "Overstayer would have to pay at departure, max 20K".

Way to not change what they said, and to not make very bad looking problem.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

30 days goes quickly. Next step?

Well, unless some nearby countries unclench their tight a$$e$, it will have to be Europe or America unfortunately.  But I will also keep petitioning to extend with my embassy letter(s) for as long as they will permit it.  While it is hellish the hoops we need to jump through here, it is nothing compared to the hell going on in the West.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

But I have a booking number: 35596. Does that mean anything?

That means a lot. They will deal with you after the person with the number 35595 and before the person with the number 35597.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, khhainuui said:

Yes i do have all the company docs, not had any business for it though yet, this bs covid came right at the time i was getting customers and contracts.. i doupt that can get marriage before next saturday, and im so lucky to carry passport of Finland that helps only middle east people open handed.

don't forget the 'medical' option. just make up something & get the certificate or let an agent do the legwork & make it failproof. locked up aint nice!

33 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

BK Post has a headline warning against overstaying. The article says "Over 150K" foreigners have yet to extend their permission to stay in Thailand.  I wonder if that will be enough to motivate them into once again extending the amnesty. That's a lot of potential brown envelopes they'd be walking away from. ???? 

Interesting article.

Would be crazy they start to arrest foreigners en masse.

150K foreigners without new brown envelope ? Not clear in article, but if so...

In the meantime they desesperately try to get 1200 new tourist a month ? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sambotte said:

Interesting article.

Would be crazy they start to arrest foreigners en masse.

150K foreigners without new brown envelope ? Not clear in article, but if so...

In the meantime they desesperately try to get 1200 new tourist a month ? ????

If that number is correct or even close, they have to do something! Or all they new plan's go down to drain right away!(idot's plans anyway but they not get it)!

If coming news that all foreigner need pay extra or get some kind problem here now, nobody new not come! 

Really bad advertisement! 

3 minutes ago, worldfun said:

Failure to report to obtain a visa renewal by the deadline will incur a daily fine and lead to authorities tracking down tourists at addresses kept in the IB's database.

So they going to visit 150 k address lol! Maybe they put traffic police to haddle that coz they don't have nothing to do anyway!

Edited by 2 is 1

Pay extra is not the problem.

The obscure agent route is the problem.

And called corruption. Could backfire on gouvernement quick if they arrest people.

The stupid thing is the Embassy letter. Many Embassies do NOT provide them.

To just get rid of this non necessary document would be an easy late safe move.

Or just a fine at departure for overstay, without any other problem...

We will see tomorrow...

• Like 1

A post using content and a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That would mean the only path would be the 400,000 baht annual visa, and I'll ask what the solution would be for those who don't have that amount available (it is already borderline too late for some as the money has to be deposited for two months).

The solution would be use an agent. 

Personally I have never used an agent.

If I was on ME marriage I would have already put the 400k in bank long ago and applied for annual extension. If I couldn't come up with under $13,000usd to stick into Thai bank a/c for only couple months then I would use an agent.

• Like 1

So, as immigration said in some newpaper... renew tourist visa ???

Did i miss something or what ?

There is NO such thing as RENEWING a TOURIST VISA no ?

Only option are :

Embassy letter : no way if your Embassy does not provide it.

Medical : we are not sick yet thanks...

TRANSFORM visa : in MANY CASES impossible without agent-corruption !

They will annonce something, or this official corruption system will blow up in the media i guess. Especially if they arrest people for that.