Who's Holding Out For A 22-Sept Announcment?

28 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

So BK Herald reported on the "No Amnesty" situation. They claim that since CCSA did not propose anything to the Cabinet, further extension will not be on the table at all this week.
Also, they talk about options for Non-B's and Non-O's.  Good article, actually.

https://bangkokherald.com/thailand/get-legal-or-get-out-thailand-visa-amnesty-ends-saturday/

Interesting article indeed.

Talk too about the impossible situation for many.

And basically NO OPTION for tourists if your Embassy does not provide the magic letter...

Not to mention the non-sense of not letting people get the new tourist visa inside.

Or to just pay, more but officially, to get things sorted out.

26th and it will be a mess and a shame i predict.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And with the new 90-day tourist VISA scheme being planned until September 2021, it appears the government is looking at incoming foreigner 14 day quarantines for another year.

With only 1200 arrivals a month allowed. I wonder how they will choose those from worldwide. I can guess they might all have to come from one country, and we all know which one that will be.

• Like 1

Just now, FlyingThai said:

If you have family and a home in Thailand it shouldn't be hard to get a legitimate visa.

ME marriage is a legitimate visa. 

If I was married would be the visa I would obtain. Fortunately with border runs not possible, ME folk have option of obtaining annual extension based on marriage or retirement as per the post #89. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't expect a useful answer. I'm just interested in what they say. Of course, the person next to him/her might tell be something completely different as no-one knows the answer.

We'll have to disagree that borders closed due to a pandemic are not 'extraordinary'.

You used the word 'extraordinary' in the context of the current visa situation. Like I said, you can go on a 1 yr ext OR leave., so not sure where 'extraordinary' fits in.

Besides, it's looking highly unlikely that the amnesty will get extended again, and you are here talking about another extension after the perceived next one. Now, that is extraordinary!

3 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

150,000 tourists spending their money here - Get out now!

1,200 tourists, please come here, we're desperate for foreigner's money. 

The STV nonsense is 100% for domestic consumption. I've had several Thais show me the article- they're passing it around. They don't bother with the facts like 1200/month- they just view it as the return of big money tourists and a positive. Just as intended.........

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I forgot to mention in my original post that another question I will pose is what happens when my visa expires in mid-November and I can't go anywhere in the region to renew it.

You will have to go onto an extension of stay or leave. Isn't that kind of obvious??

You are coming over as extremely entitled. Psst, they don't give a monkies about you.

Edited by Keyser Soze666
  • Like 1

No-one can complain when there is an ominous knock on the door.  If you were required to extend your visa or leave the country and have delayed the inevitable, then banking on a further extension which is not going to happen means rice and fish sauce for a few days - then bye bye.  

Some people are now volunteering in Thailand, even if they have nothing to do. Some checked their body for some medical issues, even if they don't find many. Is that a legal status like some claim here when you can't renew all the B, ED, ME Visas inside the country?. I don't know. That's all a big mess and not really options. And then, get tourists out of Thailand who are already here and hope to bring some "Richy Richs" in makes no sense at all. But I think the reputation of Thailand is destroyed on purpose. My heart bleeds but hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The only thing I feel entitled to is the right to live with my wife of 30 years - live, not be allowed to visit. I cannot imagine any other country that requires husbands to renew visas every year, providing the same information over and over and over and over and over again, year after year after year after year, rather than issuing, say, a five year visa - a normal visa, not a so-called elite visa which is anything but, requiring 90 day reports, re-entry permits etc. Some countries even give permanent permission to stay after five years or less. Imagine that.

So put some money in the bank or show some income.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bestie said:

Some people are now volunteering in Thailand, even if they have nothing to do. Some checked their body for some medical issues, even if they don't find many. Is that a legal status like some claim here when you can't renew all the B, ED, ME Visas inside the country?. I don't know. That's all a big mess and not really options. And then, get tourists out of Thailand who are already here and hope to bring some "Richy Richs" in makes no sense at all. But I think the reputation of Thailand is destroyed on purpose. My heart bleeds but hoping for the best. 

You can renew your B visa inside the country.

immigration today.  my FEELING is they will NOT extend the amnesty.  Saw a person rejected trying to get a ED Visa, but of course I don't know all the reasons (just watched the sad face).  

They wanted receipts from place of stay

2 copies everything.  

2 pictures

wondered if you checked in to your new province (if applicable) within 24 hours (I'm staying at a hotel, i'll let them do that).  

some form, i forget

long process.  

I'm not in a big city, and it was busy.  

good luck.

they did say to come back on the 25th in the afternoon for another stamp.  That part was interesting.  

didn't ask anything about it.  maybe 1900 for another month, maybe a stamp for nothing (doubtful).  maybe .....   will worry about that later.  

Edited by Ventenio

I've been here on a 90-day non-o visa (now expired) since January. Thai Airways cancelled my 15th April flight at the end of March, and I opted for the delayed return flight back to the UK option. Just prior to my taking any IM action, they brought in the amnesty, and I have been enjoying that provision ever since.

During the last few weeks, I have been putting "plan B" into operation. I have a new passport (my original one expires in Jan '21, and I foresaw problems with that), I have my expired visa evidenced in my new passport, along with evidence of where I am residing. I have also managed to open a Thai bank a/c.

So, to answer the OP's question: I am waiting to see what comes out of tomorrow's (22nd Sep') cabinet meeting. If there is no further amnesty extension, I have THB 14,000 ready, along with all the other requirements, and an agent standing by, to procure a retirement visa for me.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I agree with you mate. You could own property here, have kids, be married etc, and can only stay for 1 year at a time, and even that is not guaranteed. I'm only still here as I have nowhere else to go.

Why not then opt for permanent residence.

• Haha 1