Burmese child didn’t get virus in Thailand: DDC

webfact

29 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Pretty sure some Thai 'virology expert' was on here the other day saying there could be a 19 day incubation period which blows it back in Thailand's direction. Then again I guess it's only 19 days on import but 24 hours on export !

Incubation periods are never guaranteed. They are only estimates and averages based on previous cases. Every case is slightly didn't because every strain is slightly different. Then again I am no virologist!

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

Incubation periods are never guaranteed. They are only estimates and averages based on previous cases. Every case is slightly didn't because every strain is slightly different. Then again I am no virologist!

No virologist...sure but what you say is plausible. We know enough now to  see comparisons with the flu and how that mutates every year. 

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's going to be a very interesting few weeks ahead as all these people are forced to leave the country and be tested on arrival as they get home.

I have a theory that this is might be what prompted the unexpected 'leniency' when they allowed people to stay for many more months than normal.

Were they doing this out of the kindness of their hearts of was it an exercise in keeping people here so they weren't tested as they arrived home and found to be infected or even worse - previously infected and now recovered.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Idiots every single one of them and yet still no more follow-up on those associated with the DJ or Footballer......

Can't you read? They were followed up. 0 positive cases. Or it's all a coverup right? <deleted> 

50 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Why wouldn't thailand want people boarding flights to leave to be tested first.  Why don't the airlines  require this

The airlines now have zero say in what goes on, they've been thrown to the wolves.

Before boarding a flight from a NON EU country to the UK or Europe a negative COVID test should be performed and proven, exactly like the one required to fly into China and Thailand - by everybody. You don't single out the people from specific countries - that's illegal.

It should be reciprocal, if one side needs it then both sides need it but it applies to everybody.

Also we should not allow Thais to leave the UK on a flight full of people who have tested negative without them also doing a COVID test - this is all in the name of safety of course as we all know the best place to catch COVID is on a 12 hour flight inside a sealed tube.

If English people need a COVID test to get on a flight to Thailand then I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to allow Thai nationals to board without doing a test.

I will be making some enquiries about this - discrimination based on race and / or nationality is illegal in the UK and I suspect they are breaking the law here.