Fear and confusion in Thailand’s tourism industry as near-bankrupt hotels decline foreign tourists

webfact

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the good old days, women would have been handing guys like you a white feather

Thanks: we learn a thing or two every day. ( I am not being sarcastic as I had to search its meaning)

9 minutes ago, PaoloR said:

Yes, hotels will fold, mine might too, but I'm not going to throw good money after bad to support a scheme that has little or no impact and no chance of succeeding. 

I sincerely wish you the best

A post using copyrighted content from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Some inflammatory posts and replies about sheeple and deniers have been removed. 

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Bacteria from the seabed 60 million years old have been awakened to life in the laboratory and our antibiotics are already failing to do their work effectively, brave new world.

Certainly a new world,I don't see too much bravery attached,one person sneezes and 10 people Schitt themselves hence the dunny paper rush.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

If the government just came out with a sensible workable strategy and stick to it things could improve rapidly. At the moment it's a bit like the committee set up to build the perfect race horse that Ended up with a camel! 

Meanwhile Issan the south and the students work towards the return of Thaksin.

• Like 1

I've noticed in the debate re lockdown, people pro lockdown are quite aggressive and insulting. Perhaps not so bad here, certainly on bookface. Also like to lump any opposition in together with the loonies. I think it is either a hostile reaction generated by fear, or a Stockholm syndrome particularly in the case of those defending Premier Andrews in Victoria Australia. Some very clever ones are using it as a first line of defence, defending the indefensible, attack being one of the best forms of defence, for when the inevitable analysis emerges that extreme lockdown and forcing the world into another great depression was not the best solution.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Yuley said:

Speak for yourself. Most countries still have borders closed, and I in Melbourne Australia, The worlds most liveable city is about 78 days into Stage 4 lock down (cant go further than 5kms from your home, only can go out for essential shopping or doctors, curfew and cant go out after 9pm at night, cant go to anyone else home, can only exercise for 2 hours a day (1 hour at a time). All cafes, restaurants, businesses, retails shops closed. And the kicked, we still have another month of it.  City of 6 million people, today we had 28 cases, yesterday 11, day before 8....

I wish i lived in a part of the world which was opened up...

Sounds like living in North Korea!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Back in the good old days, women would have been handing guys like you a white feather.

WWI the good old days? I think anyone unfortunate enough to have been involved would disagree with that. 

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why would I care about anything else?

Life is a gamble, I'm betting I'll be in the 99.935% of the world population that doesn't die from it.

STOP,

There's a new disease out guaranteed to kill 1 in every 10,000,000. Lock yourself in a room alone forever so you don't get it ..... No thanks, I'll take my chance of being in the 9,999,999 that don't die from it.

Back in the good old days, women would have been handing guys like you a white feather.

Time to take a break from the bong bro..

Just because they both start with a C doesn't mean Caution equals Cowardice..

Remember that old saying.. "if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem"

Sounds like you didn't practice social distancing too well...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1 Million deaths, world population 8 billion.

If it's only managed to kill 1 million in 8 months, it isn't significant.

Any serious pandemic would have already killed 400 million or more.

(Spanish Flu got 5% of the world population, Black Death got 50% of the world population)

As for the 'serious impacts later' you've gotta be really stupid to believe that nonsense.

I guess I am one of those that you claim to be  "really stupid" , as the number of people dying from Covid doesn't reflect the extent of the 'serious impacts later' that are very real. I am utilizing data presented in the well known (for non stupid people, at least) Lancet journal, which has just about the best reputation for accuracy within the world of medical data. 

There are two main problems with your logic: 1. Your claim rejects the law of large numbers, and 2. It assumes that one of two things happen; you die or you're 100% fine. For every one person that dies, 19 more require hospitalization, 18 of those will have heart disease for the rest of their life, 10 will have permanent lung damage, 3 will have strokes, and 2 will have neurological damage. 

Clearly, one wonders how people could be so stupid to believe nonsense, but it seems that many people do. 

Edited by b17
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Yes but look at the resurgence of Covid in those areas as a result of opening up to all and sundry too soon! I know where I would rather be at the moment. 

Look at the way it is being exaggerated in the press and governments. All this testing rubbish to find non Symptom people for a disease with a near zero fatality of the under 70 who have no terminal illness.  Plus recording non related deaths as Covid because they were tested positive 6 months previously (You cant make this stuff up, die in a car crash and marked as Covid, hart attack died of Covid and the list goes on and on). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

currently 968,905 (dead) people beg to differ.

and thats with lockdowns, nobody knows just how huge that number could have been by now if we had left deniers like yourself in charge.

Bla Bla Bla a regular flu killes 3 to 600.000 people a year so please ....

• Like 1

What makes you think that only Thailand has no clue.

The UK also has no clue about what is needed & France is awash with a 2nd wave & facing more

lockdowns & deaths, The US never did & still does not know what to do.

Not sure anybody knows what to do, I certainly am pleased that I do not have to make these kind of decisions, Damned if you do, damned if you don't