Trump says he will name Supreme Court replacement for Ginsburg by Saturday

webfact

1 hour ago, Nadia6 said:

The 3 largest states are all LIBERAL and the most populated thank god there is the electoral college or they would be pushing their liberal agenda on very conservative states who  live the exact opposite of their lives.

The fact remains it is the States that decide the President not the majority of the majority of the population and it has worked perfectly for 200 odd years for the USA 

And it will work PERFECTLY again in November when whoever wins will win the Electoral College because nothing else counts.

You better tell trump because he doesnt agree with the electoral college voting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

Are you American ?? If so you need to brush up on your history and why the electoral college was put in place 

It works perfectly and was not designed to be that the Majority takes it and rightly so, you cannot have the 3 most populous states dictating to the majority of less populated States.

The forefathers had foresight beyond their time.

The EC is far from "working perfectly". Everyone agrees on this. It was the best system they could compromise on, all sides knew it was far from "perfect". 

Many of the forefathers wanted the popular vote to dictate elections, but they used the electoral college as a safeguard. I think if you asked them, in these elections where the popular vote winner was not victorious, they would admit failure in the system. How could you argue anything but in a "democracy". The ones who wanted congress to choose the president were out of their gourd and we all know that would have been disastrous. 

Some small states are purposefully overly weighted importance in the primaries. Early primaries are arguably much more important even than the election. 

Are you American? Either way I think Americans have no clue about why their own EC system is set up the way it is.

Edited by utalkin2me
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Good point. Why would anyone think that Biden Harris could unite the country any better? Given their propensity for supporting and encouraging those instigating and carrying out some of the civil unrest? They seem to be dividing the country just as much as Trump. 

If Biden Harris are elected, the conservative right just might decide to accept it as well as the radical left accepted Tump.

Just when the world needs a strong, united leader!

I think you know who is the divider and who is the unifier. 

Just examine the demeanor and behavior of Trump and Biden. 

The one who divide is always creating mutual enemies and fool people by leading a crusade to conquer them. Make lies, conspiracy theories and turn that into life or death situation and urged unleashing of unconditional support from his supporters. Conquering and winning at any cost for himself, is all that matters even if it breaks the law and obscene obstruction of justice. 

Biden has a better shared ambition, empathy and inspiration for the people to build with him. He is more a unifier. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It seems it's the current POTUS job to nominate a replacement; and the senates to vote on approval or rejection.

Is there anywhere that says that must not happen close to an election?

Yes, obama tried and senate refused saying the people must have a say at an election. So thats the precedent.

btw its not close to an election, its already started, people have already voted.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Good point. Why would anyone think that Biden Harris could unite the country any better? Given their propensity for supporting and encouraging those instigating and carrying out some of the civil unrest? They seem to be dividing the country just as much as Trump. 

If Biden Harris are elected, the conservative right just might decide to accept it as well as the radical left accepted Tump.

Just when the world needs a strong, united leader!

Can you provide a link to show biden and harris encouraging the civil unrest?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Rumblings on the internet say this is the likely person. 

Gonna be interesting to see what kind of smear campaign Pelosi and the Dems can dream up. 

I like Lagoa, she has Hispanic ties!  

image.jpeg.7c19480df06de745a09d56b14b328bb0.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Whats that got to do with it. Its her legal mind that is relevant.

She obviously didn't get  to her position in life by her looks!

Her parents I think  were cuban exiles ! 

The other thing I like about her, is her possible stance against socilism/communism!

Politically its a better choice imop

image.jpeg.0d217ca0f9a5c52f71d012e9b9fd8137.jpeg

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tagged said:

Who could in their wildest fantasy believe Usa would wote him in at all! Amazing United States of America, the land of free,,,,

I watched his announcement live and I said that I liked it and  , yes he can win.
 1 or 2 weeks before the Election, I told a buddy of mine that Trump will get 290 Electoral Votes.  He did even better than that. 
This time.... Trump will receive ....  318

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

It seems it's the current POTUS job to nominate a replacement; and the senates to vote on approval or rejection.

Yes in 2016 the senate vetoed Obama's choice for SCOTUS for exactly that reason even though it was much further from the election than at present. The senate then laid down a convention that it would not be allowed to happen again prior to future elections.

The irony is that it was Mitch McConnell who laid down the convention, the very person that is now pushing hardest for that convention to be broken.

Just now, Thingamabob said:

The Republicans control the Senate, and In the White House the president is Donald Trump. He has every right, under the constitution, to proceed with a nomination to the Supreme Court at whatever speed he chooses.

Legal right but certainly not moral right. But hey, he has no morals so that's OK then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Nothing like the Steele dossier to throw this statement in the trash. How many millions did Mueller and his hit team spend trying to prove the collusion hoax, etc.

Steele dossier was started by a repub.

Muellers spent nothing, it actually made money out of it, plus a few convictions.

And to finish the nonsense, collusion is not a crime and he made no comment on it.

Next

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Well there's the McConnell rule that says there will be no Supreme Court Justice confirmations during an election year, the Biden rule that says there should be no Supreme Court Justice confirmation during election campaigns, the historical precedent going back over 100 years of not confirming Supreme Court Justices within nine months of an election, and common sense that says it shouldn't be done six weeks before the Presidential election.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Problem with english? He didnt say he listened to a normal person. Look for the comma which gives it a different meaning.

Gonna take a guess that CNN doesn't have a chat show that teaches humour to their viewers.   Maybe you can run the original comment by a friend and have them explain it to you.

• Like 2