Bangkok: Mother and child die after drunk driving father is denied insurance claim

webfact

The insurance guy isn't going to try and take the keys from a drunk who he has just upset. Probably get shot , stabbed or whatever for his troubles.

As for reporting it to the police , do you really think they would have got to that location in time to stop this.

The blame lies directly with the idiot who was drunk while driving.

It is just a shame that his family died and not him.

Would have been better if it was the other way round.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, steven100 said:

hmm ....  a bit like those yaba freaks who try machete the PEA or family from time to time.

Drugs are wrong and so is drink driving, but having a beer with friends is fine. 

I feel the same about taking drugs and not killing people. Its all the same as long as you don't bother others. I draw the line there. So also people drunk and violent or high and violent should be locked up. 

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

I feel the same about taking drugs and not killing people. Its all the same as long as you don't bother others. I draw the line there. So also people drunk and violent or high and violent should be locked up. 

sorry,  drugs are illegal and wrong. Society looks down on drug takers, users, pushers and sellers and rightly so.  Drugs are not accepted in society, maybe they are accepted in some folks lounge rooms.

Sure drinking and driving is wrong the same and looked down on as it should be. 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that earlier he had had a scrape in Soi Seua Yai and had called an insurance assessor. 

The assessor had refused to accept the claim because he was drunk. The assessor advised him to drive carefully.

Aside from the tragic story, this is an excellent cautionary tale for anyone considering driving after a few drinks.  That includes tourists who have rented a car or a scooter. 

There was a time when drink driving was widespread in the UK , firm government action and social attitudes largely changed that.

Most unlikely to happen in Thailand in the near future for a number of reasons. Chief amongst them is that those in power dont want change , a drunken docile population suits them well , social consequencies are of little concern to them.

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

yes .... it's not the assessors fault, he's not going to get into an argument with the guy or family as it's not his business. She should have taken the keys, and if he threatened her or hit her then she should call the cops. That's what should have happened. 

Do the police answer the phone at night in Bangkok? In Udon they don't, it just rings unanswered.

• Like 1

Just now, bluesofa said:

Do the police answer the phone at night in Bangkok? In Udon they don't, it just rings unanswered.

Calling the police at nigh !! Steven is surely having a laugh.

As i have posted before, 2 years ago this month, i was home alone at night, stuck on my bed, intruder outside trying the doors on our pickup.

Called the police, still waiting for them to show up 2 years later.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry,  drugs are illegal and wrong. Society looks down on drug takers, users, pushers and sellers and rightly so.  Drugs are not accepted in society, maybe they are accepted in some folks lounge rooms.

Sure drinking and driving is wrong the same and looked down on as it should be. 

Drugs are becoming more accepted and its a fact that marihuana is far less harmful then alcohol Only alcohol users like you refuse to accept that. Alcohol is a harddrug that causes far more harm then marihuana.

Its mainly old people who have your view and religious nuts but they are anti alcohol too. The younger generation does not share your view that is why all over the world drugs are being decriminalized. 

I really wish they treated alcohol the same as other hard drugs. All of a sudden alcohol users would have to see the reality of the fact that their drug is as harmful as other hard drugs and its only a law that makes it acceptable. Not its damage.