The future for Thai tourism

San888

33 minutes ago, impulse said:

It ain't the cost of the visa.  It's being locked in that hotel room for the 14 days.  Not quite so normal...

56,000 baht and 14 days of my life locked in a room are a steep price to pay for a holiday.  Unless it's a very deluxe suite, and then it's not 50K.

So make your mind up man.  Originally your were complaining about the cost of the new visa:

So stupid. What is the different between Tourist Visa and STV ?? NOTHING ! STV is even more expensive with all the drama !!!

you get in total 270 days with STV but have to pay 6000 bath and with tourist visa you can get in total 90 days but cost only 1900 bath for one extension 

Now you're on about Covid quarantine.  Given what is going on in the world I think Thailand's measures and compulsory quarantine have been prudent and worked well so far.  Seriously, who in their right mind is thinking about travelling abroad anywhere for a holiday right now?  No one, apart from you so you can complain about it.

Very few people will come for a normal package holiday with a 14 day quarantine and then potentially quarantine on their way home.  No one.  Everyone knows that.  Some might if they have 9 months ahead of them and they can afford to be here that long, then it could be worth it - that is who this visa is currently aimed at, not your two week package tourist (they don't exist anymore).

On 9/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

There are some reason why many tourist will return. ????

nana-plaza-bangkok.jpg

Yes, but the way the adult business is almost run like an international syndicate (although any self respecting mob would be able to serve cold, fresh beer), means that it is run like an airport lounge..high prices, low paid staff, and a take it or leave it attitude.  There are still some great ladies in LOS, but they can be quite difficult to find in expensive tourist areas, let alone the language barrier.  Plenty of the same offerings in Europe, South America, Central America, etc.., without starting out down 120k just to get here.. Quarantine for those with wives/assets here is one thing, but not for high income earners looking for fun... especially first timers.

10 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

A 60 day visa is $50, so around 1,500 THB.  30 day extension is 1,900, so total for 90 days is 3,400 THB.

For 270 days the STV will cost you 6,000.  So less than double, for three times the stay.  What's your problem with that?  Longer visas cost more in any country in the whole world.    It is really not a lot of money for a 9 month visa. 

And yes, hotels also cost money, that is quote normal.

I heard that you have to pay 10.000 bath for the long stay company/agency just to apply that STV. (apply service) i hope i'm wrong but please inform yourself.  

So the cost will be 10.000 + 3 * 2000