When does the 12 month extension start/end?

I have a 60 extension on an expired Non O until November 26th.

I will get the 12 month extension before then. 

At what dates will the 12 month extension start/end?

for example, if I apply on October 26th.

It's granted on November 1st.

My current extension expires on November 26th. 

What date will the 12 month extension expire in 2021.

Oct. 26th, Nov. 1st, or Nov. 26th?

Edited by JeffersLos

Good question JeffersLOS. I would also like to know this info' as I plan to go for the one year extension beyond Nov 2020.  

I'm sure I read somewhere that in order to apply for this 1 year extension based on marriage, the applicant ( plus spouse ) must go to CW ( in our case ) at least 14 days before the end of the current 60 day extension. 

Edited by Fat George
damned grammar

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no minimum number of days to apply for a extension of stay. It can be done on the last day or your permit to stay if you want to.

Does this ruling apply to both retirement and marriage extensions UJ?

39 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Does this ruling apply to both retirement and marriage extensions UJ?

It is the same for any extension of stay.

There is and never has been a minimum number to days to do an extension of stay application other than the last day.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your one year extension of stay will start from the day your 60 day extension ends.

You can apply for it up 30 days early but you must remember that if you using the 400k baht option it must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

I thought that if it was a first/initial application (when changing from a different extension of stay) it was treated as a new (eg: marriage) application and would start on the date of the application, not the date the existing extension ends. 

At least, when I changed from a retirement extension (expiring 17th March) to a marriage extension (applied 28th February) the new marriage extension started on  28th February. Is it different rules when changing from a short (30/60 day) extension to a different twelve month extension?

1 hour ago, john terry1001 said:

I thought that if it was a first/initial application (when changing from a different extension of stay) it was treated as a new (eg: marriage) application and would start on the date of the application, not the date the existing extension ends. 

He only has a 60 day extension to visit his wife.

That is not the same as changing the reason for a long stay extension to a different reason.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He only has a 60 day extension to visit his wife.

That is not the same as changing the reason for a long stay extension to a different reason.

Actually, both my expired non-o visa, and my current 60 day extension are based on marriage.

The long stay extension (12 months) will be be based on being a parent of a Thai child (due to funds being unseasoned).

But I believe this isn't an issue as both are based on family, just different members of the family. 

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your one year extension of stay will start from the day your 60 day extension ends.

You can apply for it up 30 days early but you must remember that if you using the 400k baht option it must be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

I have a friend that got his 60 day extension based on his daughter. Now his daughter is in her 20's and going to school. the io in CM told him that he could get the 1 year visa without the 400.000 in the bank and without showing 40,000 a month income. Seeing that I never herd this before you might know something on this?

49 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Seeing that I never herd this before you might know something on this?

Perhaps a misunderstanding of what the officer said since financial proof is required for the extension.

For a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has do be in the bank on the day you apply is the only difference between marriage and being a parent of a Thai.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps a misunderstanding of what the officer said since financial proof is required for the extension.

For a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has do be in the bank on the day you apply is the only difference between marriage and being a parent of a Thai.

Thanks Ubonjoe,I'll let him know!

22 hours ago, Fat George said:

Many thanks Ubonjoe. That's very helpful information. I can wait a little longer until visiting CW again. 

If you wait until the last day, be damn sure you have the correct documents. That's the reason people apply 2 weeks to a month before. Then you can always get the papers immigration asks for without being in trouble timewise.