Pattaya immigration very busy

3 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

get a letter from your embassy and they'll extend you another 30 days for 1900.  need letter from embassy though.  US was simple request this time.

a letter saying what, you're unable to return home?

i was under the impression that if you were able to return to your country of birth then you should do so?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

a letter saying what, you're unable to return home?

i was under the impression that if you were able to return to your country of birth then you should do so?

It's a standard letter.  Go to the us embassy website and there is a link to attain it if you require one.  They were still providing them 2 weeks ago.

57 minutes ago, david555 said:

They did it all to themselves...when i went for my 7th ret.ext the last week Aug. at 9'15 place was empty ...straight on desk 8 ....9'30 all done ....next day taking stamped passport ...

When yhey asked to come as early possible for co operation to avoid ques....nobody did .

So now the "reward" is their  share 

Exactly, wait until the last few days and you pay the price of long lines. One article even stated (I don't believe it) that 150,000 tourists were stuck. If spread out between a few tourist area, could you imagine 10-20,000 in line. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

They did it all to themselves...when i went for my 7th ret.ext the last week Aug. at 9'15 place was empty ...straight on desk 8 ....9'30 all done ....next day taking stamped passport ...

When yhey asked to come as early possible for co operation to avoid ques....nobody did .

So now the "reward" is their  share 

If it's per normal, they have separate queues for each service...the wait to extend a "retirement visa" probably isn't very long. I assume those expats with them expiring during this covid period just extended them when they expired so they wouldn't be rushing to renew them now. The "tourists" doing extensions yes.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

If it's per normal, they have separate queues for each service...the wait to extend a "retirement visa" probably isn't very long. I assume those expats with them expiring during this covid period just extended them when they expired so they wouldn't be rushing to renew them now. The "tourists" doing extensions yes.

Main reason is the gamble on another "amnesty " hoping on it & so waiting closest to end date ......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Now that is a surprise, who would have thought.

Just yesterday I read a post about getting a schedule for Friday and after getting then wanting to change to Thursday for some other business to do.

I shook my head and did not comment.

Heavy cases of procrastination as the medical term is (pathological).

I read reports from Phuket, heavy crowded and they will work on Saturday until midnight if necessary.

I guess other offices might also be open on Saturday?

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

People waiting until the last week... yeah who'd have thought.

As someone has posted some extensions are one time only. It would be sad to get the extension and then find There was an amnesty. Happened to a lot of people with the other amnesties. Now they have run out of options.

• Like 2

In this case stupidity is both ways when things are done the last minute especially in Thailand like a box of chocolate you just don't know what you are going to get so when you wait to the last week hoping hoping you get there 100 people no patience it could seem like a thousand?????

5 hours ago, david555 said:

Main reason is the gamble on another "amnesty " hoping on it & so waiting closest to end date ......

Main reason is a very bad communication on the part of the Thai government (The Cabinet). After three amnesties in a row they did not care to inform the public that they don't plan to extend it anymore. This alone was enough to create a lot of panic and misunderstanding. 

P.S. Don't refer me to the Immigration statements which were overruled by the Cabinet in the past and not once. 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1