Pattaya immigration very busy

Just now, Max69xl said:

A piece of advice, if possible, don't visit immigration in the morning, especially on Mondays and Tuesdays. Going there after lunch 1pm is much better, less people. 

I have arrived at 13:00 on Friday. Was told to come back on Monday.

• Haha 1

It's even worse now. In addition to all the documents, now they tell you after everything is finished, you have to sign all the pages in your file, including the map.

Then they tell you you also need a condo letter and whoever signs this document, you also need to make a copy of that person's id, front and back.

Last time they didn't ask for this ID.

Also in the requirements, they only seem to ask id either from hotel or renting from agent, in that case it's the leaser's id, but the immigration officer from counter 6 insists he wants the id of the person who sign the condo letter.

The worst is the building manager who signed my condo letter, she refuses to give her id. Then I went back to immigration without ID, which the IO refused to give me visa, and then I called her and the immigration officer talked to her on the phone, and later he told me she knows what to do now. They say it's ok now from condo, but when I came back, building manager changed her mind so she can't give her id.

What should I do?

Do I have to check in to a hotel?

Building manager said no one asks for id like this and no other foreigner needed this, and they have to verify it first by calling them.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I read reports from Phuket, heavy crowded and they will work on Saturday until midnight if necessary.

I guess other offices might also be open on Saturday?

that can't be true. there have been multiple reports from TVF's "coalition of the unwilling" that they hate us and want us all to leave - and now they are helping us to stay? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

Main reason is a very bad communication on the part of the Thai government (The Cabinet). After three amnesties in a row they did not care to inform the public that they don't plan to extend it anymore. This alone was enough to create a lot of panic and misunderstanding. 

P.S. Don't refer me to the Immigration statements which were overruled by the Cabinet in the past and not once. 

Amnesty announcements were made as they had to publish the amendment in the Royal Gazette if the last Amnesty announcement was open ended  without end date they would have had to make another announcement as it wasn't open ended no requirment to make a new announcement

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

No trouble except the non stop whining about the unfair system.

People can complain if they like; nobody is forced to read it. Everyones' opinion is as valid as the next man's, even if one disagrees with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, timoti said:

It's even worse now. In addition to all the documents, now they tell you after everything is finished, you have to sign all the pages in your file, including the map.

Then they tell you you also need a condo letter and whoever signs this document, you also need to make a copy of that person's id, front and back.

Also in the requirements, they only seem to ask id either from hotel or renting from agent, in that case it's the leaser's id, but the immigration officer from counter 6 insists he wants the id of the person who sign the condo letter.

The worst is the building manager who signed my condo letter, she refuses to give her id. Then I went back to immigration without ID, which the IO refused to give me visa, and then I called her and the immigration officer talked to her on the phone, and later he told me she knows what to do now. They say it's ok now from condo, but when I came back, building manager changed her mind so she can't give her id.

What should I do?

Building manager said no one asks for id like this and no other foreigner needed this, and they have to verify it first by calling them.

Id for which visa ? because you are not owner or your place ?

As a side note ….

the Airport Shuttle bus is expanding the departures more , however not as full service all day  as before , but even more than a week ago , so must be they have costommers  & planes leaving I guess 

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-pattaya/

2020-09-22_190210.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, timoti said:

What should I do?

Bad situation....also not much time left. I would try the hotel route asap

14 hours ago, Dart12 said:

It's a standard letter.  Go to the us embassy website and there is a link to attain it if you require one.  They were still providing them 2 weeks ago.

Got mine emailed to me on Sept 18,2020  asking Thai Immigration to give me a 30 day visa. Did not have to explan to US Embassy any reason just request it online.

18 hours ago, david555 said:

Main reason is the gamble on another "amnesty " hoping on it & so waiting closest to end date ......

Some may also have done this not to 'waste money'.... ie paying for an expensive Extension to subsequenltly see an amnesty come along, as has happened a couple of times already. Quite a gamble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

Agents are never free and you were talking about costs. Is a Non O volunteer possible at this late date?

Costs are costs whoever one pays them to. Anyone who has left it until now really has been crazy. An agent is the best person to ask your question of.... I suspect they may have been stopped.

I have heard that once a person applies there would not be an overstay concern.... don't take me to task on that.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, khastan said:

For what its worth I live near Nong Khai immigration and have never seen has many cars parked outside on the road. I counted at least 30  so it appears all immigration offices are very busy

I went yesterday, to extend my stay (retirement) as I had all my ducks in a row, and my bank is only 20k from Immigration, so I decided to go have a try. Not due until 29th, but always leave some wiggle room. Well it was a shambolic mess, bodies strewn everywhere, more staff than I have seen in 9 years. An overflow office for pre-screening in use. I had assumed that a system would have been in place to service the customers who needed to get their extensions before the 26th, and that other routine cases would be serviced separately. Boy, was I wrong. Their were apparently, at 3pm, still 80 people ahead of me. An IO who has dealt with me before, advised that I return on Monday, when she believes all will have returned to normal. All I need do on Monday is pay in some money to the 800k account and update the book. 99.9% of customers at Nong Khai were Lao. Only myself and 1 other Farang. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1