Pattaya immigration very busy

15 hours ago, timoti said:

It's even worse now. In addition to all the documents, now they tell you after everything is finished, you have to sign all the pages in your file, including the map.

Then they tell you you also need a condo letter and whoever signs this document, you also need to make a copy of that person's id, front and back.

Last time they didn't ask for this ID.

Also in the requirements, they only seem to ask id either from hotel or renting from agent, in that case it's the leaser's id, but the immigration officer from counter 6 insists he wants the id of the person who sign the condo letter.

The worst is the building manager who signed my condo letter, she refuses to give her id. Then I went back to immigration without ID, which the IO refused to give me visa, and then I called her and the immigration officer talked to her on the phone, and later he told me she knows what to do now. They say it's ok now from condo, but when I came back, building manager changed her mind so she can't give her id.

What should I do?

Do I have to check in to a hotel?

Building manager said no one asks for id like this and no other foreigner needed this, and they have to verify it first by calling them.

What is it exactly that IO wants? 

I suspect that it is a TM-30. 

If you have the rental agreement, you can register as 'tenant' on the IO TM-30 website without the need of the 'condo owner' (building manager) needing to provide her ID.  And once registered (often done instantly), you can then file your own TM-30 notifying IO that that is the place where you are residing.

>> If it is indeed that TM-30 document that is the stumbling-block and you are here on a Visa Exempt entry or Tourist Visa, you could also simply check into a hotel for one night (you don't even have to sleep there if you prefer staying at your condo).  The Hotel would file the TM-30 of you having checked in there as Thai law requires them to notify IO of any foreigner staying at their premises within 24 hours of the foreigner's arrival.  A copy of the TM-30 notification print-out or address/contact details of the Hotel would be sufficient to meet the IO requirement.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, david555 said:

As a side note ….

the Airport Shuttle bus is expanding the departures more , however not as full service all day  as before , but even more than a week ago , so must be they have costommers  & planes leaving I guess 

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-pattaya/

2020-09-22_190210.png

been running for some time......!!!!!

13 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Checkered Flag works for a multinational and his secretary does his visa. He  has no interest in the topic except trying to push the agenda that since he is secure in his position every one else should get out. He is just a salary man who has little connection to Thailand-no Thai wife, no interest in Thailand except making  money. He must be bored because even in his lunch break at work he goes on TVF and preaches about kicking out all the undesirables. There is no point replying to his posts because he just cherrypicks the answers that suit his uncompassionate agenda. If you notice he posts often but very few likes.

You have to admit though that tourist still here and seeking an extension are taking the <deleted>. It's super easy to fly out of Thailand.

Gaming the system doesn't make the whole visa thing any easier for anyone going forward. 

29 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I suspect that it is a TM-30.

I think a lot of hotels have not been using the TM30 system. Where that is used I'm not sure that will satisfy Pattaya Imm.?

For hotel residents they seem to be looking for a statement/letter from the hotel "certifying residency"; saying the applicant has been a resident since dd/mm/year, and will remain a resident until dd/mm/year. You also need to rpovide a map (hand-drawn or Google Maps OK).

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think a lot of hotels have not been using the TM30 system. Where that is used I'm not sure that will satisfy Pattaya Imm.?

For hotel residents they seem to be looking for a statement/letter from the hotel "certifying residency"; saying the applicant has been a resident since dd/mm/year, and will remain a resident until dd/mm/year. You also need to provide a map (hand-drawn or Google Maps OK).

Poster @timoti needs to provide specific details in order to get clear advice on how to proceed.

If he is on a Tourist Visa or Visa Exempt entry, checking into an Hotel night before applying at IO will solve the TM-30 issue (if it is indeed that what Pattaya IO is requesting, as I suspect).  Of course he should ask the Hotel/Guesthouse whether they do the TM-30 notification as all Hotels/Guesthouses are supposed to do (thai law).

If he is on a Non Imm O Visa, registering as tenant of the place where he is staying is also an option.  That solution has in the past been used by people in a similar situation where their landlord was unwilling to file a TM-30 or provide a copy of their Thai ID-card.

5 minutes ago, Seaspray said:

Am I correct in assuming I can avoid the stadium and still go to Jomtien if I am filing a 60-day extension based on marriage? It looks like the alternate location is ONLY for 30-day extensions right?

I would assume so as well. The 30 day is for those on amnesty on tourist visas.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Since most IO's let the extension roll from moment of applying instead of after amnesty, do you still think people do it "all to themselves"?

Not all ....,as each can have different case ...but too many are hoping for their wishes to come true.....clear warning be given this was last amnesty....options availble but does not fit all.

And excuse no flights ....is void ...as flights out of Bangkok are availble if wishing to fly ,however maybe not the airline of choice / price or catering ...????

It are difficult times ...but not hopeles if open mind for solutions 

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

You have to admit though that tourist still here and seeking an extension are taking the <deleted>. It's super easy to fly out of Thailand.

Gaming the system doesn't make the whole visa thing any easier for anyone going forward. 

Is a sensitive subject for some. Maybe should check your facts before you post. Australia is very difficult to get to at present. I'm sure some other countries the same.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Seaspray said:

Am I correct in assuming I can avoid the stadium and still go to Jomtien if I am filing a 60-day extension based on marriage? It looks like the alternate location is ONLY for 30-day extensions right?

Yes. Jomtien is the place but be careful.  I just came back. Don't listen to all the people saying don't leave it to the last day. They have a big sign out the front saying extensions for all visas begin on the 27th. Of course not true. They are dating 60 days extensions from today. 

The Chonburi Immigration site has a pop up graphic on the homescreen that says local immigration offices are accepting applications for visa extensions through the 26th. Has anyone tried this? Would you need to be living in that specific district, and not just anywhere in Chonburi? I called Siracha IO but I couldn't communicate with them. reduce.jpg.72878f80fc721f1c8bc0379d5648dd3b.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Yes they are dating 60 days from today.

So 4 days difference is a problem ?....????

Maybe they are just loosing patience  seeing all come anyway last moments ..

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, david555 said:

Not all ....,as each can have different case ...but too many are hoping for their wishes to come true.....clear warning be given this was last amnesty....options availble but does not fit all.

And excuse no flights ....is void ...as flights out of Bangkok are availble if wishing to fly ,however maybe not the airline of choice / price or catering ...????

It are difficult times ...but not hopeles if open mind for solutions 

The same warning from immigration was given before the last two amnesty extensions (leave at X date, do you extension etc) only to have the cabinet make the decision to extend. Many people used up their 60 day extension already due to the wrong information given from immigration in previous cases. Hence it's logical to wait as long as possible to do the extension this time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eibot said:

The same warning from immigration was given before the last two amnesty extensions (leave at X date, do you extension etc) only to have the cabinet make the decision to extend. Many people used up their 60 day extension already due to the wrong information given from immigration in previous cases. Hence it's logical to wait as long as possible to do the extension this time.

With the risk of different result as possible no extension of amnesty anymore

....Gamblers risk ...

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

So 4 days difference is a problem ?....????

Maybe they are just loosing patience  seeing all come anyway last moments ..

Yes it is. What is your point?  Regardless they have a sign up saying otherwise if you bothered reading the post.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

It is a problem if you haven't got all your 400,000 bt for one year extension in the bank yet.  Your 60 day extension will expire before your funds have been there for 60 days.  Problem.

Yeah that damn money ...always ..????????

Detroys my dream too ....

Latest Ford mustang .....no money availble for it ...????

C19 took ALL people on world by surprise & shaked the cards massive

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1