Pattaya immigration very busy

16 hours ago, WuhanVagabond said:

I beg to differ on your significant contributions comment. Everyone I know who is on amnesty is spending more here than any of the expats (with one wealthy expat exception) I have become friends with. All amnesty "bums" I know are spending north of 100,000 baht/month- some WELL north of that figure. 

I think the Thai government gave us plenty of time and, although slow on coming around, handled things well. My issue is that Thailand needs Wuhan virus free tourists and, for those who can afford to stay, THailand is stupid not to make it easier to  stay. A friend heads back to the UK tomorrow. He's been spending over 150,000/month. He doesn't qualify for anything legal, can't get a letter, and is afraid to get an illegally obtained visa thru an agent and let them keep his passport for an undetermined period of time. SO, he's leaving. Convince me, and the Thai businesses that he has supported since March, that he's insignificant. 

They've conjured this ridiculous 9 month special visa, yet they're kicking out guys like this after 6 months. There's a profound logic disconnect there; and if you don't see it, you have blinders on.

What makes visas thru Agents illegal?

2 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Keep treating us like <deleted>. In Pattaya everybody sent to some far away stadium. No copy machines, no water, hot as hell. Hundreds of people. The line is not moving. Policemen order everybody  to put the <deleted> mask on. Those who have chosen to leave the country - good choice, guys.

And do it all again next month ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Yes it is. What is your point?  Regardless they have a sign up saying otherwise if you bothered reading the post.

Immigration inconsistancy is as always the problem ..from office to office ...desk to desk ..

Nothing new .... we have to live with that , no choice...

Edited by david555

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

So 4 days difference is a problem ?....????

Maybe they are just loosing patience  seeing all come anyway last moments ..

The problems of why I can't do it keep coming up. After waiting 6 months these things keep coming up. Then with an extra 30 days of kicking the can down the road, complaints will start again. Where does personal responsibility of doing things correctly come into play?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

The problems of why I can't do it keep coming up. After waiting 6 months these things keep coming up. Then with an extra 30 days of kicking the can down the road, complaints will start again. Where does personal responsibility of doing things correctly come into play?

Early lunch break today? You must live a pretty sad existence if you have nothing better to do than trolling the forum

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Early lunch break today? You must live a pretty sad existence if you have nothing better to do than trolling the forum

Such an insightful observation, but far from true. You constantly complain because you can't or won't do things the correct way. You feel entitled to better treatment but give nothing in return. I bet you are well treated in Australia as well where everything is free.

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

Such an insightful observation, but far from true. You constantly complain because you can't or won't do things the correct way. You feel entitled to better treatment but give nothing in return. I bet you are well treated in Australia as well where everything is free.

Im not complaining. Im in bed with my wife enjoyong the wonders of Thailand. You are the one stuck in an office all day????

21 minutes ago, Dart12 said:
  3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

What is it exactly that IO wants? 

I suspect that it is a TM-30. 

If you have the rental agreement, you can register as 'tenant' on the IO TM-30 website without the need of the 'condo owner'

22 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

@Peter Denis  do you have a link to this website that you could share?

>> I did PM you a Step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM-30 website and subsequently file your TM-30.

That document also contains information on the intent/background of TM-30 notification (a subject on which there is much confusion).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

Why do you bother with my life?  Sorry but I don't need your advice. It is usually just based on your opinions and not really a reality so why would I listen to it?

It's very easy to put TV members on "ignore", & you never get to see their posts, unless of course someone else quotes them ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

Great advice. I didn't know. Sorry. How?

On a laptop, you can hover the cursor (don't click) over their username, and a box will pop up with the option to ignore them. I don't know how it would be done on a phone. I don't see the option to ignore on profiles. Maybe there are other ways to get to the ignore settings. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, salsajapan said:

Id for which visa ? because you are not owner or your place ?

For temporary visa extension, They require id of the owner of your apartment and blue book, total madness from Pattaya immigration. It seems most of people have trouble with embassy letters I got letter quite easy but now have to change place to stay just because my apartment owner refused to give id and blue book  You cannot even sort it out staying in hotel 1 or 2 nights, as they want minimum 20 days proof of booking)

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

On a laptop, you can hover the cursor (don't click) over their username, and a box will pop up with the option to ignore them. I don't know how it would be done on a phone. I don't see the option to ignore on profiles. Maybe there are other ways to get to the ignore settings. 

Don't have laptop atm. Will try. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, anandra said:

For temporary visa extension, They require id of the owner of your apartment and blue book, total madness from Pattaya immigration. It seems most of people have trouble with embassy letters I got letter quite easy but now have to change place to stay just because my apartment owner refused to give id and blue book  You cannot even sort it out staying in hotel 1 or 2 nights, as they want minimum 20 days proof of booking)

See my post #72 earlier in this thread.

Many options to sort this out, but I need more specific info to get the full picture of your situation and will then provide advice on how to proceed.

21 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I think Pattaya is like CM and maybe other cities and well 2 locations for visas. One for tourist visas and one for long term visas based on marriage or retirement. It would be nice if they told people on the internet as some places are far from the io. 

Yes tourist visas at the stadium. A lot of people were turning up at Jomtien and being turned away.

Have read your post once again. What I can specify, impossible to get id and blue book from my owner. Staying in hotel will require 20 days of booking now, as it is stated on immigration list of documents for 30 days of extension. I did ,y tourist visa extension in March, one night booking was enough to prove my adress, but no wit is not working out ))

14 minutes ago, anandra said:

Have read your post once again. What I can specify, impossible to get id and blue book from my owner. Staying in hotel will require 20 days of booking now, as it is stated on immigration list of documents for 30 days of extension. I did ,y tourist visa extension in March, one night booking was enough to prove my adress, but no wit is not working out ))

Quickly find a smaller place where the owner is there and pay them to go to immigration with you.

The immigration will notmake them wait in the COVID queue to register you at their property. Though ou would have to wait in line like everyone else.

• Like 1