Pattaya immigration very busy

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

See my post #72 earlier in this thread.

Many options to sort this out, but I need more specific info to get the full picture of your situation and will then provide advice on how to proceed.

Have read your post once again. What I can specify, impossible to get id and blue book from my owner. Staying in hotel will require 20 days of booking now, as it is stated on immigration list of documents for 30 days of extension. I did ,y tourist visa extension in March, one night booking was enough to prove my adress, but no wit is not working out ))

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, anandra said:

Have read your post once again. What I can specify, impossible to get id and blue book from my owner. Staying in hotel will require 20 days of booking now, as it is stated on immigration list of documents for 30 days of extension. I did ,y tourist visa extension in March, one night booking was enough to prove my adress, but no wit is not working out ))

Make 2 bookings for the hotel. 1 for 1 night, another for 20 nights. Cancel the 20 night after you get the TM30 and finish at immigration. At most major hotels now, you can cancel up until 11.59pm the night before the reservation. I know this is the case for Holiday Inn Pattaya...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, anandra said:

Have read your post once again. What I can specify, impossible to get id and blue book from my owner. Staying in hotel will require 20 days of booking now, as it is stated on immigration list of documents for 30 days of extension. I did ,y tourist visa extension in March, one night booking was enough to prove my address, but no wit is not working out ))

When you are staying here on a Tourist Visa, you are not required to have a 'fixed address' for Immigration purposes.  So you can simply shop around for a more accommodating IO that will handle your application without the 'made-up' additional 20-day up-front Hotel booking.

What extension are you applying for:

- the 'regular' 30-day extension your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry entitles you to (if you did not use that one yet - only one per entry allowed) ?

OR

- the Embassy letter supported 'special' extension?

In case you did not use the regular one yet, there are some IOs that will provide them (e.g. Ubon Ratchathani).

Time is running out because you would have to check in tomorrow, and then do the application on Friday, final day of the Amnesty.

It might also still possible to register as tenant on the IO TM-30 website (I did provide the info on how to do that to a TVF-member and he was able to register and file his TM-30 same day).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

Sure, honey, real men read endless, repititious posts from bitter, pathetic people who have nothing better to do than cry about things that are none of their business. 10K posts of nonsense. What a wasted life. BLOCK

There is an alternative. If you look to the extreme right of your screen, there is this rectangle that can be moved up and down.

Apparently, it's called a 'scroll bar'. If you learn to use it correctly, it will fix your problems without having to resort to the Wimp's button. Good luck.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When you are staying here on a Tourist Visa, you are not required to have a 'fixed address' for Immigration purposes.  So you can simply shop around for a more accommodating IO that will handle your application without the 'made-up' additional 20-day up-front Hotel booking.

What extension are you applying for:

- the 'regular' 30-day extension your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry entitles you to (if you did not use that one yet - only one per entry allowed) ?

OR

- the Embassy letter supported 'special' extension?

In case you did not use the regular one yet, there are some IOs that will provide them (e.g. Ubon Ratchathani).

Time is running out because you would have to check in tomorrow, and then do the application on Friday, final day of the Amnesty.

It might also still possible to register as tenant on the IO TM-30 website (I did provide the info on how to do that to a TVF-member and he was able to register and file his TM-30 same day).

I am on tourist visa, and I did 3d month extension in March, now on amnesty, my current address is registered with immigration, but still we need to show owner's id and blue book in Pattaya. No problem with a letter as our embassy issues them without problem for 930 baht. Yes booking in another province is best way, I wanted to do it in Bangkok but it seems IO there to be fully booked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anandra said:

I am on tourist visa, and I did 3d month extension in March, now on amnesty, my current address is registered with immigration, but still we need to show owner's id and blue book in Pattaya. No problem with a letter as our embassy issues them without problem for 930 baht. Yes booking in another province is best way, I wanted to do it in Bangkok but it seems IO there to be fully booked.

OK, so it is the Embassy letter supported extension of stay application, you need to apply for.

Looks like you have 2 options:

1 - Applying at Pattaya > Use a Hotel-booking site (e.g. Booking.com) and make 2 bookings.

First one for 1 night - starting tonight.  Second one for 3 weeks - starting tomorrow BUT with option to cancel with full refund.

When checking into the Hotel tonight, they will notify IO of you staying there with a TM-30.  Ask the Hotel for a print-out of that TM-30 notification and take that with you when doing your application at Pattaya IO.  Make a print-out of the 2nd booking confirmation, and then cancel the booking (hence the importance of the full refund on cancellation). 

That should satisfy the Pattaya IO requirements.

2 - Go to a different province than Chomburi > Check in at a Hotel close to the local IO, and ask for a print-out of the TM-30 of you having checked in there.  Next morning go to local IO and apply for the 'special' extension.  Once you have that one, you can return to the appartment in Pattaya where you are staying (but you might need to go back to the IO if they only gave you an under consideration stamp till certain date, and you need to come back for the actual extension).

You have to do either one of the above within the coming 2 days as Friday 26 Sept is the deadline for your IO application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anandra said:

Adrian B gave you very good advice. Go to a small guesthouse near immigration.  Book in for the night. Bribe the owner to go with you to immigration and to say you have booked for 20 nights. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

when did immigration add this additional step of requiring the owner ID to get a visa?  crazy requirement. 

Some IOs want confirmation of where you are staying when applying for an extension of stay. 

And it is required by Thai law that the 'owner' of the place where you are staying has notified the local IO within 24 hours of a foreigner arriving at their premisses.  Hotels and guesthouses normally do this without you even noticing it (that's why they ask for your passport and TM6 arrival/departure card stapled in it).  But not all landlords want to do it (although it is required), and this can create a problem for the foreigner when IO insists on it and the landlord refuses to do it.  Note: In that case you can register on the IO TM-30 website as 'tenant', but with only 2 days left for before Amnesty deadline expires, it is of course cutting it close to get it fixed in time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

when did immigration add this additional step of requiring the owner ID to get a visa?  crazy requirement. 

I just read about it last, week, right after I booked a flight to Pattaya airport. It seems Pattaya IO may be the only one in the country requiring proof of a 20 day stay. Maybe they were worried a bunch of people living in Bangkok would come to Pattaya for a few days to do the extension. Or they're trying to pressure people to stay in Pattaya longer than they intended. Who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Some IOs want confirmation of where you are staying when applying for an extension of stay. 

And it is required by Thai law that the 'owner' of the place where you are staying has notified the local IO within 24 hours of a foreigner arriving at their premisses.  Hotels and guesthouses normally do this without you even noticing it (that's why they ask for your passport and TM6 arrival/departure card stapled in it).  But not all landlords want to do it (although it is required), and this can create a problem for the foreigner when IO insists on it and the landlord refuses to do it.  Note: In that case you can register on the IO TM-30 website as 'tenant', but with only 2 days left for before Amnesty deadline expires, it is of course cutting it close to get it fixed in time.

I just looked at our docs.  we did all this last week and are good to go.  except for the waiting in line she'll have to do

• Like 1

7 hours ago, david555 said:

With the risk of different result as possible no extension of amnesty anymore

....Gamblers risk ...

There is no gamble. You wait as long as possible. No amnesty extension, than you apply for your 60 days or 30 day extension. Since most IO let it run from the date you apply, you actually win days.

Obviously if you don't have a 30 day or 60 day extension up your sleeve, than your way behind the party, but those are not the ppl at the immigration right now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eibot said:

There is no gamble. You wait as long as possible. No amnesty extension, than you apply for your 60 days or 30 day extension. Since most IO let it run from the date you apply, you actually win days.

Obviously if you don't have a 30 day or 60 day extension up your sleeve, than your way behind the party, but those are not the ppl at the immigration right now.

O.K.   glad I am not in that game of "Stratego…."

53 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Uh? I would say the opposite: IOs who do this way must be rare exceptions.

IMHO most IOs do it the correct way and so add days from the end of your current authorisation of stay (or extension).

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? I would say the opposite: IOs who do this way must be rare exceptions.

IMHO most IOs do it the correct way and so add days from the end of your current authorisation of stay (or extension).

Wrong, most IO extend from the day you apply, including pattaya.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, samtab said:

Wrong, most IO extend from the day you apply, including pattaya.

It never happened to me in +15 years...

and I don't remember any friend talking about that either.

PS: But maybe this statement was about special Covid extensions only? In which case I can't comment on. I don't know.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

PS: But maybe this statement was about special Covid extensions only? In which case I can't comment on. I don't know.

If you are talking about 1 year  ret.ext , then you are right as always the year is admitted up to ….. the normal end date in red stamp , and application date in blue 

But those have nothing to do with the covid extensions 

image.png.a0db0defa7b0a95c87820662aaf4f981.png

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped image to fit the page better

24 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Regular extensions of stay start from the expiry date of the current permission to stay.

My one year extension (applied on 15 Sep) ends on 8 Oct 2021. 8 Oct as every year.

This covid extension is completely different as the applicants do not have a valid permission to stay (overstay covered by "amnesty").

Can't comment why some offices might not stick to the published rule to start extension on Sep 27.

stamp.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eibot said:

I would check on that. Perhaps a 60 day might be ok but it appears 'any' 30 day application requires an embassy letter.

I would check at your local office first.

Edited by overherebc