Pattaya immigration very busy

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

When you are staying here on a Tourist Visa, you are not required to have a 'fixed address' for Immigration purposes.  So you can simply shop around for a more accommodating IO that will handle your application without the 'made-up' additional 20-day up-front Hotel booking.

What extension are you applying for:

- the 'regular' 30-day extension your Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry entitles you to (if you did not use that one yet - only one per entry allowed) ?

OR

- the Embassy letter supported 'special' extension?

In case you did not use the regular one yet, there are some IOs that will provide them (e.g. Ubon Ratchathani).

Time is running out because you would have to check in tomorrow, and then do the application on Friday, final day of the Amnesty.

It might also still possible to register as tenant on the IO TM-30 website (I did provide the info on how to do that to a TVF-member and he was able to register and file his TM-30 same day).

I am doing the Embassy letter supported 'special' extension, I forgot to mention it. I talked to the officer today and he said it's a civil duty but the owner doesn't have to provide an ID.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? I would say the opposite: IOs who do this way must be rare exceptions.

IMHO most IOs do it the correct way and so add days from the end of your current authorisation of stay (or extension).

Seems to be the opposite. However to play it safe, people apply late

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Conclusion > IO can refuse to handle your application for a Visa extension because the owner of the rental place doesn't want to do the TM-30 notification that Thai law requires him to do.

Perfect example of Thai twisted logic...

Easily solved by renting another place and making sure that the owner will do a tm30 report, check into a hotel which will do tm30, or trying to do tm30 report oneself.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

This covid extension is completely different as the applicants do not have a valid permission to stay (overstay covered by "amnesty").

"Amnesty" is a missleading term, because it isn't an amnesty, it is an automatic extension. Everybody who was in Thailand legally on 26th March has a valid permission to stay until 26th September. Some IOs just made up their own imaginary interpretation, which didn't even match with what the Immigration Bureau announced.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Easily solved by renting another place and making sure that the owner will do a tm30 report, check into a hotel which will do tm30, or trying to do tm30 report oneself.

True, and I have suggested these options to the poster with all required info needed.

But he is of course in a somewhat difficult situation because:

- he has only today and tomorrow days left to apply for his extension of stay;

- Pattaya IO requires on top of the TM-30 also evidence of 3 weeks stay paid in advance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dart12 said:

100 limit per day?  

arrived at 8am and being turned back.

Where can we go where there is no false scarcity for getting our visa?

If you've been to Jomtien Immigration before, you'd know there's only one desk for short term extensions,that's Desk 1. I read that they have opened another desk (or more) for short term extensions the last week (or so). They almost never change people behind the desks, no rotation, and that makes them good at what they are doing behind their own desk, but not so good when it comes to other tasks. That slows them down. On top of that, people come with all kind of crappy documents, and that makes it even slower. 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:10 PM, Pattaya46 said:

It never happened to me in +15 years...

and I don't remember any friend talking about that either.

PS: But maybe this statement was about special Covid extensions only? In which case I can't comment on. I don't know.

You're clearly wrong ! Nobody at Pattaya got extension from September 27th !

All extension done during September month started from the day they were done !

Why people who know nothing keep talking ? it's weird...

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 8:48 PM, Wongkitlo said:

Today did 60 days. From today so expires 21st November. They even had a sign up saying all extensions are from 27th but no. I did question but too late anyway as she had stamped it.

yes, they start all 60 days and other extensions from the day you apply. not 27 ! How could we fight this ?

• Like 1

I am probably the only Colombian resident in Panama who has now obtained the extension of 30 days (19 days plus 11 days to be requested from immigration in jomtien on 15 October automatically).

to obtain the extension I requested a letter from the embassy of panama in bangkok in lumpini and authenticated the letter to the ministry of foreign affairs for a cost of 400 baht. 

At 5 am there were already 10 people waiting. A lot of stress but then everything ok. my documents were all ok, probably because I am the owner of a condo .buena suerte a todos.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

So I live now longer than 30 years in Thailand.
The Pattaya / Jomtien Immigration I visit now for 25 years!
And "NO" I never had problems!
But when I see how many a foreigner goes to the office of the immigration in Jomtien, I can understand very well that some has / gets problems!
From "inappropriate clothing" despite written and pictorial clear indication!
Up to the general physical condition ..... ????

Thailand could take as some EU countries an example  this is just my opinion!!

If you can provide for your living demonstrably yourself : Welcome !

If you can not: Go home!

Except recognized asylum seekers!