extending 1 year Elite visa: CW or MTT?

1 hour ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

So, as per your answer it seems it is still at CW.

Yes

They only do short stay extensions at MTT.

1 hour ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Any idea if he can do his TM30 there in case they ask it?

If asked for it would have to be done at MTT.

5 hours ago, DouglasTsui said:

replying to Jack54,  Why would they ask for TM30? UNless you're a Landlord yourself, CW won't be asking you to begin with. 

For the first visa (Tourist Visa to TE) at CW you definitely have to provide your TM.30 that's well documented. I stayed at a local hotel and had them provide me a document. No problems. Simple one year extension not sure, never had that case.

Why doesn't the OP or his friend contact the morons at TE and have the concierge take care of it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you guys for all your answers!

I went with my friend at CW this morning to extend his permit of stay for Elite. It was a mess at first as their queue system was broken and many foreigners were panicking, running around like headless chickens. Anyway, I told the volunteer person (very nice helpful lady) that it was for an Elite visa and after checking with the IOs, she gave us 2 forms to fill and told us to wait a few minutes. We then were directed to an office at the back, very nice IO lady who took care of everything in 5 minutes including 1,900B payment. We then waited and got the passport back shortly after. All was done with a lot of kindness. It took around 20 minutes total. For all who wonder what privileges the Elite visa give, this is one of them: IOs are very friendly and make you skip queues even though it was very busy.

I did ask Elite staff prior if we would need to show a TM30 receipt to get the extension and they said: YES. That it was absolutely necessary. Because of your comments on this thread, I discarded their opinion. The TM30 in question was never brought by the IO. That is one thing that has become annoying with Elite staff, they have a tendency to give wrong information, especially regarding the 6th year extension, saying it is illegal and will get us in trouble. I went many times to CW and each time (before and after I got my 6th year) IOs said it was perfectly legal. I understand they want people to extend as their visa expire but it just didn't sit well with me the way they were trying to scare me. So, in some aspects the Elite staff brings down the value of the visa you pay for in my opinion.

Now, for all the people who for some reason did not renew their visa or get any extension possible yet, the staff at CW said they will open until 10pm tonight and will also open tomorrow apparently. I hope this info will help some.

Last note, all IOs I saw were very focused and polite and seemed to genuinely try their best. I know the immigration system in Thailand is complicated but every time I go to CW I am thankful for the IOs who remain calm and patient when it is very crowded and full with people who are clueless about what they have to bring. One guy just came with his passport and the IOs were explaining him about copies, photos and such that he needed, he somehow got upset, like he thought his passport was enough to get whatever he wanted... I personally would become insane if I worked there, so I think they are actually doing a great job!

Good luck everyone

• Like 1