Leaving Thailand, for now.

2 minutes ago, Mormolin said:

Have to leave too...

Leaving girlfriend behind. She can't even come with me to Canada because of closed border.

Would take mine with me too, they give visas for thais now in my country BUT, requirements are way too high. 

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again, and before this chrisis I always said everything that goes up, have to go down, so you have the full cycle. Cheers

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and I therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again. Cheers

Good planning and timing on your part. Others should have done the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and I therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again. Cheers

I feel happy for you.

Yes this will be over someday, and will only come back with one year visa that no need to border stamp. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

These times are brutal for many.

Being away from family is obviously extremely tough.

Op - was there not an ‘agent option’ you could have gone with to secure your stay here in Thailand?

[Ed Visa / Volunteer Visa ??]

Post/mail has taken approximately 1 week from the UK. I’m not sure where home is for you - What marriage papers were you lacking? (you are married to a Thai, right? - could the Amphur not have re-issued papers here?)

That said, being married to a Thai there were options but it seems the financial constraints of those options was too much, sorry to see that. 

Things will get better, Thailand has to open up again. Now would be the time to get some work and save some money in preparation for your return. 

------

I know a guy who returned with Certificate of Entry 1 month ago, he stayed two weeks in an ASQ hotel, he’s had two weeks at home with his family (Wife, daughter and Son) and has now had to go back overseas to work again. It’s extremely tough having to chose between your family and supporting your family - heartbreaking. 

------

My industry is in its knees, everyone has been furloughed or laid off. If it takes too long to recover I may have to sell up in Thailand and move back to the UK where I can at least contribute something in this downturn instead of relying on my Wife. 

Yes there would have been options for those visas. But im not willing to study, im not bragging or how to say in english but im from Finland, so education in here is not really any option.

Thai i learn with family everyday..

Our government is super slow with everything, was apply documents 3weeks ago and still no answer.

Im waiting that "free to marry" doc, i dont know the english name for it.

But in other hand, going back gives me more income and have time to do all papers until borders open.

I wish you all good!

'my english is quite straightforward and can cause some missunderstood so dont take all so literally 555

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

You could have done that anyway, with the unofficial channels that were opened.

Yes and no. Im not living in tourist area. Here is zero agents, have my lawyer and even he recommend to me to wait till this week and if no green light he suggest to go 'home'.

And he is not middle guy, has connections and is our family member. But type of visa and situation and future plans considering i trust hes knowledge that jumping visas is not the way for me or him. Thats why i trust him also, genuine lawyer is hard to find.

(We have done lot more things than just visas with him, like fishing lol)

9 minutes ago, khhainuui said:

Yes there would have been options for those visas. But im not willing to study, im not bragging or how to say in english but im from Finland, so education in here is not really any option.

Thai i learn with family everyday..

The Ed visa is simply an option used by many as a means to stay in Thailand. The vast majority of people using it do not do any study at all. The same for the Volunteer Visa - no one is really volunteering, the visa is just used as a loophole. 

That option is available to you. 

Our government is super slow with everything, was apply documents 3weeks ago and still no answer.

Im waiting that "free to marry" doc, i dont know the english name for it.

OK. So you are not yet Married. The document is ‘Affirmation of Freedom to Marry’ and can be (should be) obtainable directly from the Embassy instantly (UK Embassy anyway, I’m not sure if the Finish Embassy is any different).

Did you Visit the Embassy for this document or apply by post ?

I’m not sure here (UbonJoe?) - IF you get the ‘Affirmation of Freedom to Marry’ then get it translated into Thai, then get that Translation approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs you can legally Marry. 

Then (I think) you can apply for a Non-Immigrant O (based on Marriage) - I’m not sure you can do this without having to leave Thailand - i.e. convert from a Tourist Visa to a Non-Immigrant O Visa within Country (and get 90 days). 

But in other hand, going back gives me more income and have time to do all papers until borders open.

I wish you all good!

'my english is quite straightforward and can cause some missunderstood so dont take all so literally 555

Securing income back home is obviously the best long term solution to all of this, especially if you can’t currently meet the >400k Baht minimum saving requirement for a Non-Imm O extension. 

All of that said: There have been options to stay in country open to you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Ed visa is simply an option used by many as a means to stay in Thailand. The vast majority of people using it do not do any study at all. The same for the Volunteer Visa - no one is really volunteering, the visa is just used as a loophole. 

That option is available to you. 

OK. So you are not yet Married. The document is ‘Affirmation of Freedom to Marry’ and can be (should be) obtainable directly from the Embassy instantly (UK Embassy anyway, I’m not sure if the Finish Embassy is any different).

Did you Visit the Embassy for this document or apply by post ?

I’m not sure here (UbonJoe?) - IF you get the ‘Affirmation of Freedom to Marry’ then get it translated into Thai, then get that Translation approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs you can legally Marry. 

Then (I think) you can apply for a Non-Immigrant O (based on Marriage) - I’m not sure you can do this without having to leave Thailand - i.e. convert from a Tourist Visa to a Non-Immigrant O Visa within Country (and get 90 days). 

Securing income back home is obviously the best long term solution to all of this, especially if you can’t currently meet the >400k Baht minimum saving requirement for a Non-Imm O extension. 

All of that said: There have been options to stay in country open to you.

Our embassy is too busy to give money for middle east. They wont give those documents.. need to order from Finland and then have someone to send it here, then they will stamp it in embassy.

"Best and happiest country in the world"

Well, things are how they are now.

No can do.. is btw name of cloves we use in army, you cant literally do anything with those on lol

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

Where is your home where you will return to?

I see a lot of problems in other countries.

Thais will adapt - like usual.

Even the guys in afgan did adapt but it doesnt mean that they have good life after giving some cccp and then us with 'democracy' 

So you are from Finland!? Ok you have book your flight already, saturday whit Finnair i assume? There in Bangkok has Finnish priest who also web(marry) couple's. That happen in law bye Finland, so i think don't need so much papers! 

When you can come back take all paper's whit you if going to marry here! You can watch instruction finnish language in here!

https://thaimaansuomalainen.com

https://www.suomenkirkkothaimaassa.fi/haat

Before there was also couple from Finland ( was contact details in thaimaansuomalainen) who help to get married! You can call that number and ask if want!

Good luck and happy trip "home" it's possible i join same flight! Not sure yet!

Edited by 2 is 1

34 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So you are from Finland!? Ok you have book your flight already, saturday whit Finnair i assume? There in Bangkok has Finnish priest who also web(marry) couple's. That happen in law bye Finland, so i think don't need so much papers! 

That marriage would not be recognized by immigration or a embassy.

The marriage has to be registered at a Amphoe for it to be accepted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again, and before this chrisis I always said everything that goes up, have to go down, so you have the full cycle. Cheers

Sounds like you really made an effort to stay here long-term, and now it's paying off. Congratulations. I did the exact same thing, living very cheaply with my wife for some time in order to save enough money for the extension and to have enough in case something unexpected happened.

Sometimes you really have to think long-term and perhaps experience a bit of hardship in the moment in order to prepare for what might happen, instead of just riding along on what is basically work-arounds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khhainuui said:

Even the guys in afgan did adapt but it doesnt mean that they have good life after giving some cccp and then us with 'democracy' 

How many Thais are really interested in "real" democracy? And how often in real life do they or did you experience anything bad because Thailand is not a perfect democracy?

From experiencing Thais in cities and up country and comparing their happiness with many people in "the west" I am pretty sure many Thais are happier than the people "back home". Back home many people might be wealthier, but that doesn't make them happier. There is a reason why so many farangs live here in the so called 3rd world. And one reason are the mostly happy people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, khhainuui said:

Is this part of your forum?

Real savior "angel" promoting corruption solution via pm.

I can see enough adds in here already.

IMG_20200922_141416.jpg.0dbfc834001f44c85d3374e5d8cc6883.jpg

Seriously?

Sometimes in extreme cases like this I try to help as much as possible... I did not promote anything in that message other than see if I could put in a good word for you.

But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That marriage would not be recognized by immigration or a embassy.

The marriage has to be registered at a Amphoe for it to be accepted.

So if you get married whit Thai in your coundry that not valid in Thailand! Coz they take that married paper to Finland and register in there!? Priest married them here put paper work happen in Finland if you can't get your thai wife whit you! Man can marry thai woman here and wife dont need travel Finland! Man bring papers in to administrative court and you are leagaly married in Finland.

Edited by 2 is 1