BANGKOK
khhainuui

Leaving Thailand, for now.

A off topic post meant to deflect the topic and the expected replies to it have been removed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have to leave too...

Leaving girlfriend behind. She can't even come with me to Canada because of closed border.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mormolin said:

Have to leave too...

Leaving girlfriend behind. She can't even come with me to Canada because of closed border.

Would take mine with me too, they give visas for thais now in my country BUT, requirements are way too high. 

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again, and before this chrisis I always said everything that goes up, have to go down, so you have the full cycle. Cheers

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and I therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again. Cheers

Good planning and timing on your part. Others should have done the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

I spoke about this with my friend last winter, that we need to save before .... hit the fan, and I therefor I was working hard the last year, little salery and saving up. Little I knew it was coming so soon. Just lucky I had all the paper ready when returning back in january after short trip back to home, to get my first long stay visa. 

Of course depends how old you are, but things that goes down, have to go up again. Cheers

I feel happy for you.

Yes this will be over someday, and will only come back with one year visa that no need to border stamp. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Good planning and timing on your part. Others should have done the same.

Wisdom after the events...

Many of us should have done many things before this mess. We would not have even this pandemic if so. 🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

These times are brutal for many.

Being away from family is obviously extremely tough.

Op - was there not an ‘agent option’ you could have gone with to secure your stay here in Thailand?

[Ed Visa / Volunteer Visa ??]

Post/mail has taken approximately 1 week from the UK. I’m not sure where home is for you - What marriage papers were you lacking? (you are married to a Thai, right? - could the Amphur not have re-issued papers here?)

That said, being married to a Thai there were options but it seems the financial constraints of those options was too much, sorry to see that. 

Things will get better, Thailand has to open up again. Now would be the time to get some work and save some money in preparation for your return. 

------

I know a guy who returned with Certificate of Entry 1 month ago, he stayed two weeks in an ASQ hotel, he’s had two weeks at home with his family (Wife, daughter and Son) and has now had to go back overseas to work again. It’s extremely tough having to chose between your family and supporting your family - heartbreaking. 

------

My industry is in its knees, everyone has been furloughed or laid off. If it takes too long to recover I may have to sell up in Thailand and move back to the UK where I can at least contribute something in this downturn instead of relying on my Wife. 

Yes there would have been options for those visas. But im not willing to study, im not bragging or how to say in english but im from Finland, so education in here is not really any option.

Thai i learn with family everyday..

Our government is super slow with everything, was apply documents 3weeks ago and still no answer.

Im waiting that "free to marry" doc, i dont know the english name for it.

But in other hand, going back gives me more income and have time to do all papers until borders open.

I wish you all good!

'my english is quite straightforward and can cause some missunderstood so dont take all so literally 555

7 minutes ago, khhainuui said:

I feel happy for you.

Yes this will be over someday, and will only come back with one year visa that no need to border stamp. 

You could have done that anyway, with the unofficial channels that were opened.

2 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

You could have done that anyway, with the unofficial channels that were opened.

Yes and no. Im not living in tourist area. Here is zero agents, have my lawyer and even he recommend to me to wait till this week and if no green light he suggest to go 'home'.

And he is not middle guy, has connections and is our family member. But type of visa and situation and future plans considering i trust hes knowledge that jumping visas is not the way for me or him. Thats why i trust him also, genuine lawyer is hard to find.

(We have done lot more things than just visas with him, like fishing lol)