Leaving Thailand, for now.

11 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Seriously?

Sometimes in extreme cases like this I try to help as much as possible... I did not promote anything in that message other than see if I could put in a good word for you.

But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Corruption, right. That's how things work in asia and OP living in Thailand long enough should understand it.

Grace did a good job helping my friend while ago and now he can stay with his family while longer. I'd do the same in his position and sleep like a baby and not thinking too much about it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So if you get married whit Thai in your coundry that not valid in Thailand!

The marriage would be valid but immigration would not accept it for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. The foreign marriage has to be registered at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires.

Marriages done here with the family, monks and etc are not recognized until they registered at a Amphoe.

4 hours ago, khhainuui said:

Yes there would have been options for those visas. But im not willing to study, im not bragging or how to say in english but im from Finland, so education in here is not really any option.

Thai i learn with family everyday..

Our government is super slow with everything, was apply documents 3weeks ago and still no answer.

Im waiting that "free to marry" doc, i dont know the english name for it.

But in other hand, going back gives me more income and have time to do all papers until borders open.

I wish you all good!

'my english is quite straightforward and can cause some missunderstood so dont take all so literally 555

There are Thai language classes in the Finnish state system? 15 hours a week learning to read, write and speak Thai to enable you to be with your doesn't seem a big sacrifice. But what about the other options mooted to you such as an agent or volunteer visa. And what is a 'clear to marry certificate'?

Using agents for visas that are not my reasons of stay is not a way to stay in any country. Some of us has principles, and im going to live with those.As i said allready, have flight and need to leave.

I just cannot play with those grey zone things, you guys dont know all my backrounds and it is not going to be public information anyways. There is already more than enough  hints for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, khhainuui said:

Using agents for visas that are not my reasons of stay is not a way to stay in any country. Some of us has principles, and im going to live with those.As i said allready, have flight and need to leave.

I just cannot play with those grey zone things, you guys dont know all my backrounds and it is not going to be public information anyways. There is already more than enough  hints for you.

Have a safe trip home. When is your flight?

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The marriage would be valid but immigration would not accept it for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. The foreign marriage has to be registered at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires.

Marriages done here with the family, monks and etc are not recognized until they registered at a Amphoe.

Yes sorry my misleading txt! I try help guy in hes future life! I know nothing can do just now! I know one paper is hard to get from Finland empassy what you need to marry here! If you have live long time outside from country. And if do like i propose, he don't need all paper work!

Edited by 2 is 1

"Marriage papers take too long time from 'home'.""
" embassy takes too long":

I got married last week....*because i must go back for personal business.
I have my marry certificate and khor 2. registration
These papers gives me the opportunity to come back based of having a spouse (COE application + all requirements)
Why "marriage paper takes so long from "home".......
i did it just by E mail and print it out ,give the papers to the embassy and get directly the "free to marry"
doc.
Go to the amphur....with the translations...and marry ! DONE

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I read the OP post and working on the basis it is genuine I feel for you and I am in a similar position except I have the funds, my partner just is not divorced and we were too busy to solve it and now we need to solve it I feel we are rushing and I don't like rushing anything so I accept our fate and prepare to be seperated. The pros: 6 years in and this is the first real test. Maybe the test is overdue and maybe you and I need to experience  fighting to get what we want. If that means going home and focussing on what needs to be done. It is our only option. Good luck and I hope you find a way. 

31 minutes ago, Myran said:

And you are absolutely sure the process is the same for every country? Because my experience with getting the same document from my country wasn't at all that easy. First, you have to get a document from our tax department. Then, you need two witnesses in your home country (but not family) sign a paper swearing that you're not married, and then they have to send the original of that document here. Finally, you can take these documents to the embassy in Bangkok.

Don't assume that everything is the same for every country just because it was easy for you.

It's been 13 years since I did the Finnish thing, but it looks like it's still the same: https://dvv.fi/en/examination-of-impediments-to-marriage

First get that paper, then get it legalized at the Embassy of Finland and Ministry of Foreign affairs (Changwattana), then get married in Thailand, then translate and legalize the Thai marriage certificate, inform Finnish DVV (Ex Väestörekisterikeskus or maistraatti). In good times it takes a couple of weeks with the post from Finland, but it's been very, very slow lately, as in two months last time I got a letter (In April). It would be a multi week ordeal I think.

12 hours ago, khhainuui said:

Yes and no. Im not living in tourist area. Here is zero agents, have my lawyer and even he recommend to me to wait till this week and if no green light he suggest to go 'home'.

And he is not middle guy, has connections and is our family member. But type of visa and situation and future plans considering i trust hes knowledge that jumping visas is not the way for me or him. Thats why i trust him also, genuine lawyer is hard to find.

(We have done lot more things than just visas with him, like fishing lol)

Agents don't necessarily have to be available locally. Anyway, its up to you what you decide. Good luck either way. 

14 hours ago, Mormolin said:

Have to leave too...

Leaving girlfriend behind. She can't even come with me to Canada because of closed border.

Canada does allow non-citizen common law spouses and other categories such as caregivers and tutors to enter the country but assuming she is Thai that might be a visa issue. She doesn't have a valid tourist visa right now?

9 hours ago, Myran said:

And you are absolutely sure the process is the same for every country? Because my experience with getting the same document from my country wasn't at all that easy. First, you have to get a document from our tax department. Then, you need two witnesses in your home country (but not family) sign a paper swearing that you're not married, and then they have to send the original of that document here. Finally, you can take these documents to the embassy in Bangkok.

Don't assume that everything is the same for every country just because it was easy for you.

i dont assume every country is the same...but i know 90% it is same for getting married in Thailand

My country ALSO want 2 witnesses AND taxpaper document..........however thats easy done FOR ME
Just fill in 2 names (friends) and "sign"
Tax document can usely get from internet to see your yearly income...and print it (and "fix" it)
Also  birthcertificate and Adress document which can be sent by E mail 

If people are smart enough anything can be done if you take the time to do

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Myran said:

Then, you need two witnesses in your home country (but not family) sign a paper swearing that you're not married, and then they have to send the original of that document here. Finally, you can take these documents to the embassy in Bangkok.

This need of Thailand of the two witnesses who swear that you are not married while you have lived perhaps for 10 or more years in Thailand is the most idiotic thing I have ever known, but nothing surprises me anymore from a country run by FX3§F§

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, richard_smith237 said:

These times are brutal for many.

Being away from family is obviously extremely tough.

Op - was there not an ‘agent option’ you could have gone with to secure your stay here in Thailand?

[Ed Visa / Volunteer Visa ??]

Post/mail has taken approximately 1 week from the UK. I’m not sure where home is for you - What marriage papers were you lacking? (you are married to a Thai, right? - could the Amphur not have re-issued papers here?)

That said, being married to a Thai there were options but it seems the financial constraints of those options was too much, sorry to see that. 

Things will get better, Thailand has to open up again. Now would be the time to get some work and save some money in preparation for your return. 

------

I know a guy who returned with Certificate of Entry 1 month ago, he stayed two weeks in an ASQ hotel, he’s had two weeks at home with his family (Wife, daughter and Son) and has now had to go back overseas to work again. It’s extremely tough having to chose between your family and supporting your family - heartbreaking. 

------

My industry is in its knees, everyone has been furloughed or laid off. If it takes too long to recover I may have to sell up in Thailand and move back to the UK where I can at least contribute something in this downturn instead of relying on my Wife. 

I am heading back to the States after six years here. I'm married and on the O visa without the 400k. I make enough to support my family but not enough to put 400k in a bank account and then leave there forever (ironically to show that you have enough to support your family supposedly). 

Unlike some, though, I'm excited to get back. I have family and friends all over the States, and everyone says the same thing; it's precisely like here in Thailand. Businesses are open (in some places despite being told they have to shut down). All of my family in the medical industry say that the case numbers are being overhyped.

I say that not to talk politics but simply because I'm excited to leave Thailand and never thought I would be. I'm not worried about returning like many on here. I've enjoyed living here, met my wife here, and my son was born here. But, the place has changed and not for the better. Granted, the people who have been here for many years will say that has been in the making for decades. But, between arriving here in 2014 and now, I've noticed a very sharp deterioration in the ability to live here with any ease. At this point, living here costs about as much as living in the States, and the quality of life is undoubtedly much less with <deleted> poor service everywhere you go.

Even the foreigners have deteriorated. I think many of the people on this forum who are angry are stuck. They know it's terrible, but being old and retired with no possibility of work would make anyone grumpy. I'm thankful for only being 30 with plenty of working years ahead. 

Maybe we'll return to Thailand in 5 or 6 years. We'll play it by ear and see if things improve. But, as the old saying goes, happiness is Thailand in my rearview mirror. So long, Thailand, and thanks for all the fish.

Edited by woogoo
grammar
  • Like 1