Non-O 60 day extension stamp

Thinking it might be helpful if those that have received a 60 day extension stamp could post a photo of it plus which office issued it, so that others could show immigration officers in case some immigration officers are reluctant to issue a 60 day extension.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean a 60 day extension to visit your wife or child. Immigration will be familiar with one since they do them all the time.

Click number 24 here on this page of the immigration website to show them if they don't understand what you want.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

Sure, but I think I’ve seen a couple of posts where under these unprecedented circumstances, IO have refused it.  Hope these were just a couple of isolated cases and everyone gets sorted ok.

42 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Currently in immigration office, they’re refusing 60 day extension because my 90 day permission of stay has expired, asking them to contact Chang Wattana for advice..... bloody hell

Call the Immigration Bureau helpline at 1178 and inform them about your problem with a rogue office.

Who the office calls depends upon where they are located. They would call the Division headquarters for the region where they are located.

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Currently in immigration office, they’re refusing 60 day extension because my 90 day permission of stay has expired, asking them to contact Chang Wattana for advice..... bloody hell

My permission to stay had also expired because the borders were closed and I could not reactivate my Non O multi. My last border stamp had expired in June. Nonetheless my local immigration gave me the 60 day extension to visit wife ( Petchabun ). However, if your actual visa has expired as opposed to your last entry stamp then others have reported the problem that immigration would not give them an extension because their Non O visa was past its sell bt date.

What the actual official rule is on this I don't know but I would phone immigrations help line number in Bangkok and ask. They are very helpful but it might be extremely difficult to get through at this late stage.

2 minutes ago, trucking said:

My permission to stay had also expired because the borders were closed and I could not reactivate my Non O multi. My last border stamp had expired in June. Nonetheless my local immigration gave me the 60 day extension to visit wife ( Petchabun ). However, if your actual visa has expired as opposed to your last entry stamp then others have reported the problem that immigration would not give them an extension because their Non O visa was past its sell bt date.

What the actual official rule is on this I don't know but I would phone immigrations help line number in Bangkok and ask. They are very helpful but it might be extremely difficult to get through at this late stage.

Both my last entry and Non-O M visa have expired during amnesty. Now I'm worried. I thought I could still get 60 days tomorrow. Could Ubon Joe weigh in on this please?

3 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

Both my last entry and Non-O M visa have expired during amnesty. Now I'm worried. I thought I could still get 60 days tomorrow.

There is no rule that you non-o visa still has to be valid to apply for a 60 day extension.

After you are in the country your visas expiration date means nothing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no rule that you non-o visa still has to be valid to apply for a 60 day extension.

After you are in the country your visas expiration date means nothing.

I believe this is correct. You know this , I know this. We all know this . But do all off them know this.

Got it, that was stressful to say the least. I didn’t think of the helpline. They really weren’t going to issue me with the extension, they said “no” at least 3 times. So I showed a photo of one that someone posted on this forum a couple of days back (thanks to whoever that was) and all the officers went quiet (wife’s words). She reckons I wouldn’t have been issued the extension if I hadn’t shown the photo of someone else’s stamp. So, in the same spirit, here’s a photo of mine, maybe it might be useful to someone in the same predicament I found myself in today. As Joe said as well, call the helpline if needed.

3FA01348-AA62-4D8E-A428-7D40F56994F5.jpeg

18CC09B1-47EE-4C88-B69B-4E5836CBE219.jpeg

• Thanks 1