Thai benefactor continues to help desperate German who can't get his pension

webfact

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

definitely, if he says to 'continue' to get his pension then he already receives it, the only signature he needs to give is his 'proof of existence' and he can give that by post from Thailand, I myself get a German pension and have never had any problems requiring me to return to Germany.

Almost 2 decades ago, my "Proof of Existence" was lost in the EMS postal services.
I got a letter from the Pension service that my pension was blocked and the ONLY way to get my pension back was to present myself to the pension service in my country.

At that time, the only accepted proof of existence was to send the document back by postal services WITHIN a 30-days frame.

Was not Germany though.....

15 hours ago, soalbundy said:

definitely, if he says to 'continue' to get his pension then he already receives it, the only signature he needs to give is his 'proof of existence' and he can give that by post from Thailand, I myself get a German pension and have never had any problems requiring me to return to Germany.

I get the same thing, pension company from the UK ask for a signature & witness signature each year as proof of existence. Never had any issues.

If he's stranded here he could do something online or via post if he spoke to the company handling his pension.

If he's truly stranded here as a tourist with no access to funds how is he paying for his accommodation or other living costs?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

They are all over Pattaya, crusty old pensioners lined up with thais for free boiled rice and a banana. No shame at all

I wrote already but for whatever reason it was deleted. I also see Farangs on the Beach Road looking in the garbage bins for bottles. I also see Farangs in food halls eating what others left on the plate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Almost 2 decades ago, my "Proof of Existence" was lost in the EMS postal services.
I got a letter from the Pension service that my pension was blocked and the ONLY way to get my pension back was to present myself to the pension service in my country.

At that time, the only accepted proof of existence was to send the document back by postal services WITHIN a 30-days frame.

Germans send this letter twice.

Both getting lost? The guy is a fraud. Even if you don't get the letter, one can download the form and get it certified.

• Like 1

I can vouch for Thai generosity, I was caught by some police one time for drinking while on a bike, and (in my druken mode) thought I could get out of it.  Nope, and the "fine" was about 15,000 baht.  My landlady, a wonderful woman, made the trip to the cop shop, and paid it.  I love Thai people, and their very wonderful behavior.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:16 PM, sweatalot said:

Cudos to this man.

I hope the German man is honest and not abusing his outstanding service.

Surat is a credit to his country and doesn't deserve to be cheated by a man who would receive all the help he needed from his embassy, at least that is my experience with the German embassy as a foreigner, helpful and courteous and they go the extra mile.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:18 PM, Confuscious said:

Definitely not, even the banks are better there, I once inadvertently overdrew my overdraft allowance buying furniture, as a consequence I couldn't withdraw money from my German account via ATM, I rang them up and explained the situation and where I was, "That's OK, we will just raise your limit to double that".