How does a thai citizen get a thai driving lience ?

yeahbutif

How does a thai citizen get a thai driving lience ?  cant find anything on the google in english about the process of abtaining a first motor bike licence for a thai lady ,,, (but she does has a car licence) any links or info  would be helpfull thank you .. 

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm....I would think a Thai person would be able to find out quite easily how to obtain a Thai motorbike license....or any type of license.  Strange that she would ask a foreigner for help.

Plus having done the procedure for the car already. Doesn't make sense to me. Or is it just to give the guy a bit of work? ????

Anyways, @chickenslegs already posted the solution.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Plus having done the procedure for the car already. Doesn't make sense to me. Or is it just to give the guy a bit of work? ????

Anyways, @chickenslegs already posted the solution.

past car test a long time ago .. may be she bought it back then.. but seems no chance these days .. 

• Haha 1

My wife is renewing her 5-year licence at Banglamung (Pattaya) DLT.

2 weeks ago she attended the DLT with all her documents (no medical required for a 5-year to 5-year). After queueing for about 1 hour she was given an appointment for her tests (colour, depth perception, brakes).

Her appointment date is 25 November - this is not a typo.

So, OP - I suggest she goes to her DLT with house book, ID card, and photocopies. She will then be given an appointment and told what she needs to bring with her.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

2 weeks ago she attended the DLT with all her documents (no medical required for a 5-year to 5-year). After queueing for about 1 hour she was given an appointment for her tests (colour, depth perception, brakes).

So, OP - I suggest she goes to her DLT with house book, ID card, and photocopies. She will then be given an appointment and told what she needs to bring with her.

My Thai partner went to Banglamung DLT on Tuesday this week - needs to renew 5 year licenses for car & MC - received an appointment for about 5 months later - it is on 19 February 2021.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

1 hour ago, soisanuk said:

My Thai partner went to Banglamung DLT on Tuesday this week - needs to renew 5 year licenses for car & MC - received an appointment for about 5 months later - it is on 19 February 2021.

Do they get a letter to give to the police if stopped. I am sure by the time the renewal appointment comes around , the license will be well out of date ?

21 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

thanks you but it look still closed ? and cant find waht to do first EG book a test center ? book a test? or get a mediical ?etc... 

The procedure is very much the same for everyone, with a bit of variation. As a Thai national she can book the test online and do the video online. My wife had an old lifetime licence and could still access the system, but failing that can phone to book. As a first time test shouldn't have to wait too long, unlike 5 year to 5 year, my niece is on a 4 month wait for renewal.

When going for the test she would need current licence, ID card, tabien baan and a medical certificate.

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Do they get a letter to give to the police if stopped. I am sure by the time the renewal appointment comes around , the license will be well out of date ?

My niece is on a 4 month wait and was told if stopped to show appointment for renewal, it would be on the DLT app. Apparently Thai 5 year licences are automatically extended if renewal has been booked, not sure about foreigners, my appointment to renew was hand written.

• Like 1

Is this a trick question ? If the lady in question has a car licence  already then she must be able to figure out how to get a motorbike licence. She could call the local DVL centre and ask. Seems like a question a foreigner may ask a Thai. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

My wife came with me to the DLT at Chonburi and while she was there tried to book an appointment, she was told to go home and use the app.

Did mine without help from my wife. Very easy.  Had a thai girlfriend many years ago that couldn't do sh/t by herself.  Couldn't go to the bank, stores,  postoffice, you name it. And I don't speak much Thai, so don't know why I was needed.  After 2 years I said see ya. 

22 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

thanks you but it look still closed ? and cant find waht to do first EG book a test center ? book a test? or get a mediical ?etc... 

Ask your wife. She already did everything needed for her car drivers license. It's almost exactly the same routine for a bike license. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malt25 said:

"How does a thai citizen get a thai driving lience ?"  Probably ask any Thai !

Seriously? Do you honestly believe all Thai drivers have a license? I'm absolutely sure the countless sub-teen motorcy drivers I see on the streets don't have one. 

If you asked one of they will tell you that you don't need one. I've had both car and bike licence for over 4 years and never been asked for either. 

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Did mine without help from my wife. Very easy.  Had a thai girlfriend many years ago that couldn't do sh/t by herself.  Couldn't go to the bank, stores,  postoffice, you name it. And I don't speak much Thai, so don't know why I was needed.  After 2 years I said see ya. 

I have an American gf who is the exact same.  Won't do a thing by herself

Ask your insurance company......  maybe can help ..had our registration renewed by insurance company sat in their office

and they went across the street had car tested then to DLT office.. 

Gave the guy doing the leg work 500... 

14 hours ago, rwill said:

If she never had a motorcycle license she will probably be required to attend driving school first.

A Thai friend I know just got a license for autos.  The 'school' cost 5,000 baht and lasted 5 days.

No she will not be *required* to go to a school, She can take the test at the driving center DLT Phone them and ask what docs THEY want but for Thai; ID and Med cert; Chanthaburi school is 1,000 baht for M/C license 2 days. They take you for the Med cert 115 baht and after to the DLT office to issue the license. *****