Current situation at Trendy Building (Renew UK passport)

Hi folks,

Has anyone out there been and done their renew passport there recently as have to do mine soon? Would just like to know if anything has changed recently or any new requirements have emerged. Also, anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back at the moment? I'm guessing that it isn't that busy there at the moment but if anyone has a heads-up on these things or anything else relevant ... then it would be appreciated. I read Richard Barrow's blog on him doing his passport but it's from last year. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went and did my application for a new passport on Wednesday so will give an up-to-date brief report for any interested. VFS office has temporarily moved to the 28th floor from their usual place on t

You don't need the photo's countersigned, VFS staff will verify that and the copies against the original documents on behalf of the HMPO as that's what they are paid to do. 

You need to make an appointment at Trendy to take your completed application there. I am going on Friday next week and there was a three week wait for appointments. When you ask for a date and time re

Renewed mine mid June and was told by VFS it would take a while.  I was gobsmacked when the new passport arrived within 3 weeks.  You also now have to make an appointment for the collection as well.  

Need to renew my British passport, but the e-mail address I have keeps coming back as unreachable! can anyone tell me what the current e-mail address is to send to Trendy House... giving the three dates and times. 

Thanks 

You need to make an appointment at Trendy to take your completed application there. I am going on Friday next week and there was a three week wait for appointments. When you ask for a date and time remember they are currently only open three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm told it's currently taking 6-8 weeks to get your new passport. Vistana, you need to take you application to Trendy in person. Email address is in the attachment. Overseas British passport applications - general info.docx

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, vistana said:

Need to renew my British passport, but the e-mail address I have keeps coming back as unreachable! can anyone tell me what the current e-mail address is to send to Trendy House... giving the three dates and times. 

Go through the steps here to get the info you need. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

I know you can get the photos done at the place on the ground floor but then that's a bit of an issue if you need them to be countersigned. How strict are they on the "significant appearance change" ... does it have to be a ludicrous difference or just something like you lost weight or gained it. Has anyone had any experience/issues on that or was it pretty lax?

I've just renewed my UK passport. After 2 weeks got an email from HMPO saying it would take 8 weeks and the next day got text and email from VFS that my new passport was ready for collection. VFS very quiet, as you can imagine. 30  minutes to complete submission and collection.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

The only difference now, is they are based on the 28th floor, not the 8th. Due to covid working space apparently.

They have been on the 28th floor for years - at least 5 years as that's the first time i went there

7 hours ago, darrendsd said:

They have been on the 28th floor for years - at least 5 years as that's the first time i went there

Perhaps they moved up and down - I did mine last year on the 8th floor, as did Richard Barrow;

The Trendy Office Building is a short walk down Sukhumwit Soi 13 on your right (see map). If going by Skytrain, you can either get off at BTS Nana (5-minute walk) or BTS Asok (7-minute walk). I prefer the latter. The VFS office is on the 8th floor. Go in, turn right and walk towards the back. If there’s a long queue for the express lift (like below), just take the lift on the right by the Dental Clinic. There’s usually no-one there but it stops at more floors.