Video: Want to visit Thailand? Here is how to apply for a Special Tourist Visa

webfact

2 hours ago, NRGF said:

And that's a thanks but no thanks from this snow bird.  

This one too! ????

The more they yell about this "wonderful new visa" the more doubtful it all looks.

With apologies to W Shakespeare, the quote  "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" might be rewritten as "The idiots do request too much, methinks"

And, to mix my quotations somewhat, never was the phrase "caveat emptor" more appropriate! ????

• Like 1

After spending all that time,  effort and money to get there and be in quarantine what person will really stand for extra quarantine in a hospital if they test positive in quarantine. Especially if they are asymptomatic. That 14 day quarantine vacation could possibly turn into a month or more. 

STVRPCL

Special Tourist Visa for Rich People's Constraints Lovers

Looks like a good commercial advertising to sale something incredibly expensive and binding for a flu epidemic.

no way...

But if I were Thai, I would worry about the reputation my country will have with this kind of ad that takes foreigners for idiots.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

LOL few steps!

351101179_Screenshot2020-09-22at11_59_24.png.68cc3bada565df9f94afae3f4e204561.png

And everything going to be fine! We haddle this quik!

Dear Thai Gov MORONS, 100K USA insurance for a week, two, month or more holiday, doesn't matter, NO ONE WILL spend that kind of money! 40/50/60 year olds will cost 3/4/5 THOUSAND dollars roughly, and when they return home it's only good for toilet paper! Say goodbye to TOURISTS !!! 

The whole world will have a vaccine within two months, = 14 days quarantine = for what???

7 hours ago, farang51 said:

I was fooled by the subject to think that we could find that information here.

We need a list of where to apply. As far as I know, Thailand Longstay Company is one of the places (if not the only one) to apply; however, there is absolutely no information on their website: http://www.thailongstay.co.th

I send them an e-mail yesterday, no reply yet.

Hi ,thanks for the post ,can you kindly post when you get a reply from them.Thank you

You can't apply yet, it has only been agreed in principle, once they have decided the details,(could be another month or 2), then you will need to go through the  agent who will handle the arrangements, nothing has been decided  

Edited by howerde
MISSING TEXT

I guess there is a small chance that requirements might change for easier ones by the end of the year but it is sadly unlikely. I give it about 90 percent chance that I won't be able to go to Thailand this coming winter. 

My feeling also, but I really need to escape the British winter - damp and cold is very bad for me.

A plan B destination? A country that is being a bit more pragmatic about the resumption of tourism?

Dominican Republic is somewhere I've never been - seems to have some interesting nightlife, and appears to be open for tourists..

27 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

I would almost do this to get back “in” until the last part...

Charter flight? <deleted>

There is no reason to <deleted> a charter flight. You are not supposed to rent a plane yourself.

There are virtually no scheduled flights at the moment; thus, the need for chartered flights. The big holiday companies use chartered flights, and they are usually cheaper than the scheduled flights. If they limit the number of passengers per plane that may make it more expensive in this scheme but we don't know the prices yet.

I guess the agents in the new scheme will charter the flights and that they will use otherwise grounded planes from Thai Airways.

29 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

What happened to my ME NON O?!!! Why a NEW visa?

Because the non O will only work for 90 days. To stay longer, a snowbird would then have to do a visa run which is not possible at the moment. The new one works for up to 270 days.

This is a dream come true for them.

All foreigners must be tracked. Now they have the covid excuse (regardless if that makes any sense).

I advise to reconsider your stay in Thailand, or in plain English, get the f### out whilst you still can, prior to when shooting in the streets will start. Remember, coups come in roughly 7 year cycles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, farang51 said:

I was fooled by the subject to think that we could find that information here.

We need a list of where to apply. As far as I know, Thailand Longstay Company is one of the places (if not the only one) to apply; however, there is absolutely no information on their website: http://www.thailongstay.co.th

I send them an e-mail yesterday, no reply yet.

I phoned a friend to call in their office in Bangkok (next to Fuji Supermarket opposite emporium) and they did not know anything about it there. 

Also their website has now removed the retirement visa service they had. Lots of Japanese used it and thats why the office is located where it is.

I think nobody has any idea at this point. Biggest problem in Thailand is Gov shoots off their mouths, press misreport every cough and hiccup whilst the people who are supposed to organise these things don't get support. 

"During the months from September to October 2020, there was much planning and consideration about a pilot program which included the deliberation of safety standards."

What? Time machine?

"During the 14 days visitors are permitted to shop online." Classic!

Edited by Fromas

Another plan out the window.

Must be more open to general public.

Every arriving tourist gets a Bar code. Set up tourist testing centers capable of instantaneous analysis.

Install tracking app on mobiles linked with bar code and reminders for mandatory daily virus tests.

Huge fines for non-compliance at time of departures.     

No quarantine for 14 days and I am there again. Korea only needs a negative Covid-19 test certificate from incoming foreign people.

This is enough, instead of 14 days quarantine.

Exception: controlled quarantine in a self-choosen place with tracking app or wristband would be ok.

But its no freedom of choice for tourists to pack foreigners in state quarantine hotels.

It's an excellent idea as a matter of fact.

The honored guest will have to wear the wristband/ have the app installed, once quarantine is over, for the whole duration of his stay, of up to 9 months.

Well, 3 months that is. One of the conditions for further extensions will be to make sure the covid insurance is still active, and the app is still running, plus 2,000 baht.

Beats North Korea, I tell you. No more need for a permanent tour guide.

It's amazing. I love it.

Edited by lkv
Re-edit. The price for a 90 day extension is 2,000 baht.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, farang51 said:

There is no reason to <deleted> a charter flight. You are not supposed to rent a plane yourself.

There are virtually no scheduled flights at the moment; thus, the need for chartered flights. The big holiday companies use chartered flights, and they are usually cheaper than the scheduled flights. If they limit the number of passengers per plane that may make it more expensive in this scheme but we don't know the prices yet.

I guess the agents in the new scheme will charter the flights and that they will use otherwise grounded planes from Thai Airways.

Because the non O will only work for 90 days. To stay longer, a snowbird would then have to do a visa run which is not possible at the moment. The new one works for up to 270 days.

Non O yearly extension holders are still around .......

25 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Non O yearly extension holders are still around .......

Isn't that only if based on marriage or family in Thailand and/or with a lot of money in a Thai bank? If so, it is hardly relevant for most snowbirds.

Wow, at least they explicitely allow on-line shopping during the 14 days in quarantine-jail. So generous, so altruistic, what a great proof of their humanity! Online shopping was exactly why I wanted to come to Thailand! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

But wait....maybe someone will tell them that there are foreign on-line viruses somewhere in the world wide web, which could be spread to Thai computers when I do my online shopping from this Thai jail. Then surely they will quarantine my laptop as well. :shock1:

When I joined Thaivisa, I really wanted to stay polite and sympathetic towards this country and its representatives. But, these clowns are so ridiculous and behave so absurd, I can't stand it! Really! :cheesy:

Edited by Flying Saucage