Video: Want to visit Thailand? Here is how to apply for a Special Tourist Visa

webfact

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

I have 3 options:

- Thai Elite visa @ 500k baht + 60k ASQ stay on entry. This gives me 5 years in Thailand

- TSV which could be at least 150-200k baht to book everything through a sole agent, which would give me only 9 months in Thailand 

- Say no to Thailand. Life in Queensland Australia is as normal as you can get (we have no community spread of covid in 5 million people) 

I'm now 99.98% sure of option 3, give up on Thailand and hope my condo is still there in a couple of years

Note: 99.98% is the number of Queenslanders who never got Covid, but Thailand will still treat us like we had leprosy 

Option 3, I'd relax at Surfers Paradise or up in Cairns, wait a little you'll be back in less than 2 yr. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Yep, just came back from 2 weeks in Whitsundays and home on the Sunshine Coast now, before going to Gold Coast next week.

Would be spending all these $ in my second home in Thailand if they just showed some common sense and made it just about Covid risk and not about how much baht can we scam off tourists.

I've got a big chunk in their banks as well and unable by choice at the moment to return and assist in the tourism recovery..

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TonBrow said:

Are you ready for the most memorable vacation ever?

Come to the Amazing Land of Smiles for an unmatched shopping experience.

Yes, from the comfort of your forced, 5-star resort hotel, you can enjoy 14, fun-filled days of shopping online. You will marvel at the fast internet connections, awesome product selections and incredible bargains.

We've made it so easy.

What are you waiting for?

Come on over today and enjoy all that Thailand has to offer!

The only online shopping portal you could reach from your jail cell would be King Power, right?

• Haha 1

Not that this crazy scheme is going to work but it seems the same amount of planning has gone into this as all the other schemes they announced. They can't even run their repatriation scheme correctly and get Thai people and their families back to Thailand - how they can announce yet more schemes to allow foreigners to visit is beyond me.

Now my wife is here in the UK and has had first hand experience of dealing with the Thai Embassy, she realises how stupid these things make her country look.

Have a listen to you lot of killjoys and wingers . So unfortunate that this forum like many other gets hijacked by unhappy old bastards with no joy in their lives.

So here is the thing.

Some of us are actually looking forward to doing whatever is possible to re enter Thailand to see wives families, girlfriends or whoever. Imagine for a second being a citizen of a country which does not allow its citizens out of that country (Australia) to visit their family that is in another country. Unfortunately my work is out of Thailand and to keep my job i was told to rock up or it would be gone within 24 hours. So i left and flew back to Australia not thinking for a second that this flu would make this the last time i would be hugging my wife !! 

For 7 months i busted my guts applying and reapplying for a damn exemption so i could actually leave Australia. Yesterday ..my umpteenth  attempt i was granted that exemption ...oh for small wins against the establishment ...so now i can leave Australia and will do anything i can to get home to see my wife for the first time in 7 odd months. Anything !

All good if you are already in Thailand or do not want to re-enter Thailand. That's fine.

So as your mother no doubt would have said to you all those years ago...stretch that memory Im sure for a few of you... but... 

If you don't have anything nice to say Don't say anything at all.

And to those who see this as an opportunity to get home to Thailand i wish you all the very best of luck and i hope you are all reunited with your loved ones and back in the Kingdom shortly...protests and all  ????

Edited by Farangstyle

On 9/23/2020 at 5:29 PM, anchadian said:
Update about Special Tourist Visa: The travel agents have started to ask for a 10,000 Baht upfront service fee which is non refundable. As the government hasn’t announced any details yet, including which countries are allowed to take part, it’s advisable not to pay yet [1/2]
As well as the 10,000 Baht service fee, you have to pay in advance ฿2,000 for visa, also your chartered flight, 15 day quarantine and 15 day hotel stay after that. You also need medical coverage of $100,000 and COVID-19 tests. Minimum stay is 30 days and maximum is 270 days [2/2]

Yes you will need to book 15 days accommodation after the quarantine IF you cannot show property ownership / rental lease or a close relative who has property in Thailand. 

Edited by CANSIAM