Multi-entry marriage visa 60 day EXTENSION - UPDATE

Just a heads up for everyone, I went to the 60 days based on non o family / wife extension because of the covid-19 at Chiang Mai immigration today.

Even though I had all the paperwork and we got there at 8 in the morning it ended up taking more than 2 hours. The supervisor decided out of the blue that because I didn't have my bank statements from a Thai Bank even though my Visa with a multi-entry in I was never asked for that information when I originally got the Visa that she was going to decide whether or not she was going to deny me the Visa extension for 60 days.

After a bunch of back-and-forth showing her all my stamps and paperwork showing that everything's caught up invalid after 2 hours to finally decided to grant me a 60-day extension. I don't know if it's because of this office or covid-19 but I've never had a problem like this before and I've never had to show a bank statement for a 60-day extension before at this office.

So just a heads up in case you're going to Chiang Mai immigration office by the airport be ready to show your Thai bank statements for the last 12 months showing you have 40,000 coming in or 400,000 sitting in the bank. That is what she the supervisor kept telling me I had to do and when I eventually told her that a why did your government give me a Visa without asking for this information and now all of a sudden you want it that's when she finally gave us the extension.

Here are the Chiang Mai Immigration requirements courtesy of @ubonjoe

60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

wife will need to be with you when you apply.

1. marriage certificate and a copy of it.

2. Copies of wife's house book registry and iD card.

3.  Recent printout of Kor Ror marriage registry. 

4. Need proof of living in Chiang Mai.

5. TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached.

6. copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

The application has to be done at the main immigration office near the airport.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tstcman said:

So just a heads up in case you're going to Chiang Mai immigration office by the airport be ready to show your Thai bank statements for the last 12 months showing you have 40,000 coming in or 400,000 sitting in the bank.

Didn't ask me for anything like that on Friday when I got mine.

Didn't ask for a TM30

Didn't ask for copy of passport (just ID page and entry page)

Didn't want to see any original documents (except passport).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

Strange how Immigration works sometimes.

I got my 60-day (same visa as you) arrived at 11am on Friday, there were 5 people waiting in the entire office. Paper work checked(proof of residence didn't apply), the very polite and pleasant IMO went the distance to ask if I will be applying for a 1yr visa after and pointed out in detail all the requirements I needed to meet that. After which I was given a number and was out of there 15min later.

I don't know what the sway is.....could be silly stuff like the color of your shirt or the perceived "quality" of your overall attire/look...who knows! ...having your kid(s) in tow & Thai wife to translate usually helps to open doors.

* UbonJoe's  list should include; use BLUE ink on all forms.

"UbonJoe's  list should include; use BLUE ink on all forms."

Blu ink is old news at almost every immigration office when talking about signing forms. Several offices allows filled in and printed forms from a computer. But with the signature in blu ink. 

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

"UbonJoe's  list should include; use BLUE ink on all forms."

Blu ink is old news at almost every immigration office when talking about signing forms. Several offices allows filled in and printed forms from a computer. But with the signature in blu ink. 

Used black on mine ? No complaints.