Do agents have unlisted properties?

Do agents help with finding unlisted commercial rental properties? Or will they be looking at the same results available on the internet (fb, ddproperty, dotproperty, kaidee, thaihometown)? 

I've seen a high number of for-rent properties that don't show up on websites, must be the owners don't care about listing it, or think a sign hanging over the door for 6-months is good enough....

Edited by creative1000

14 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

Do agents help with finding unlisted commercial rental properties? 

I would think that it would be in their interest to look for something that suits their clients needs if they don't have it on their books, i.e. go out and find something if they know you are dead set interested and ready to go to lease if they found a suitable property not on their books, you being the carrot being dangled to the prospective landlord, e.g. hi Mr prospective landlord, I know you don't want to sign with an agent but I have a client, let me show him and if he is interested and we negotiate a price, you can then sign with us and I get my commission, a win/win for all.

If the agent doesn't, can simply mean that agent is lazy or not interested.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

Some agents will have some properties off books for quiet transactions- perhaps owners who are willing to sell or lease, but dont need it openly marketed etc.

If there is money in it for an agent, i am sure they will source a property for you. if it does not make financial sense they wont.

Edited by smutcakes
Wrong word
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

Not sure how true this is, but I've heard some owners don't list properties or use for-rent signs to save face or not show any weakness of financial instability.... 

Its very true (for face reasons as well),  but, not always for negative reasons like you imply though. Some don't for genuine reasons like staff sensitivities,  some may not be that bothered about selling, but would at a high price, some dont want to be bothered by 100's of agents if they put a board up, some prefer a single agent who they know to act quietly and off market.

Many possible reasons- each owners choice, there is no right or wrong way to do it.

• Like 1