Thaivisa Golf chats to Mike Mesommonta president of East Coast Golf Course Management

Hats off to the guy if he was responsible for starting the caddie competitions.

However unless my memory is incorrect he was also the person pushing some years ago to make carts compulsory across all Eastern Region courses which fortunately did not come to pass.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, topt said:

Hats off to the guy if he was responsible for starting the caddie competitions.

However unless my memory is incorrect he was also the person pushing some years ago to make carts compulsory across all Eastern Region courses which fortunately did not come to pass.

May not be compulsory now, but most courses insist on no sharing. Which effectively doubles the cost of a cart.

Is he behind some of the posters in changing rooms showing "minimum caddy tip" ??

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

Is he behind some of the posters in changing rooms showing "minimum caddy tip" ??

Never seen them - which courses?

6 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Emerald had one but it quickly disappeared.

Same at Greenwood.

There were some others at some of the more up-market courses

I am playing 3 different courses a week every week and fortunately never seen these signs at any course including the 2 you mention.

• Like 1

I hate when people a specific amount of Tip for any type of Service performed.  I agree something should be given at a minimum but, For different levels of service there should be different levels of Compensation.  

I play a lot of golf in Pattaya and typically will not tip less than 200 Baht for a caddy who is useless and is disinterested, but will tip an outstanding caddy 4 - 500 baht and average 300 - 400 depending on how I played (JUST KIDDING).  

The point being is different levels of expertise and service should be rewarded accordingly. 

7 hours ago, GolfnBeer said:

I hate when people a specific amount of Tip for any type of Service performed.  I agree something should be given at a minimum but, For different levels of service there should be different levels of Compensation.  

I play a lot of golf in Pattaya and typically will not tip less than 200 Baht for a caddy who is useless and is disinterested, but will tip an outstanding caddy 4 - 500 baht and average 300 - 400 depending on how I played (JUST KIDDING).  

The point being is different levels of expertise and service should be rewarded accordingly. 

Agreed, people should understand that a tip is at the discretion of the buyer - in this case the golfer.

You have already paid for the service, if you feel that you hadn't paid enough then give a tip as extra.

It doesn't work the other way round 😀😀