motorcycle driver license missing

tontraveller

Does anyone has expirience what to do?

This morning at checkpoint with my motobike, I found out that only my car license was in my wallet.

Usually I carry both with me.

Luckily the officer had his sunglasses on, so he did not notice I showed him the car license.

Now I do have photo copy of my license.

Do I need police report first, or can I go to the Banglamung office to apply for a new one?

Thanks for usefull advice

17 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Police report first then off to your local DLT office.

I recall reading somewhere (within the past couple of years) that a Police Report is no longer required to replace a lost Driving / Motorcycle License. 

A couple of years ago, my Wife (Thai) simply replaced her license at the DLT (Area 3 Bangkok), no police report required.

Thus: Op - simply go to your DLT (with your passport) and ask to replace the license. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I recall reading somewhere (within the past couple of years) that a Police Report is no longer required to replace a lost Driving / Motorcycle License. 

A couple of years ago, my Wife (Thai) simply replaced her license at the DLT (Area 3 Bangkok), no police report required.

Thus: Op - simply go to your DLT (with your passport) and ask to replace the license. 

As we all know, TIT, I was send back from DLT to get residence permit at Immi first...

21 hours ago, tontraveller said:

As we all know, TIT, I was send back from DLT to get residence permit at Immi first...

And the saga continued..

After fill in the Residence permit, waiting again in long line at Immi..

Lady told me we need also statement your condo you live there,or Tambian Ban copy with your name..

Here we go again..wondering whats next..

7 minutes ago, tontraveller said:

And the saga continued..

After fill in the Residence permit, waiting again in long line at Immi..

Lady told me we need also statement your condo you live there,or Tambian Ban copy with your name..

Here we go again..wondering whats next..

Thats nuts... It seems they are making you apply for a new license rather than simply replacing a lost license. 

Someone at the DLT is making up their own interpretation of the regulations - No residence permit is required to renew a lost license. 

Are you close enough to a different DLT to try there before this spirals to the ridiculous to obtain a 'Proof of Residence’ ?

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

The polic report costs an enormous 20 baht and you do get a reciept.

Indeed, but it seems that it's no longer needed. I would get one anyway, it would be just my luck to get an LTA officer who didn't get the email.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Indeed, but it seems that it's no longer needed. I would get one anyway, it would be just my luck to get an LTA officer who didn't get the email.

Normally if I lose one I lose the lot, car and bike licence, debit card, store cards, 200 baht slush money etc, I do the police report and take copies of all the documents as the bank needs a copy. Touch wood, it has been about 4 years since the last time, but at 76 it will happen again sometime.

• Haha 1