Report from Bangkok Temporary Visa Center

Thanks for that - went this morning to Counter J (probably at the same time as your friend!) and my experience was exactly the same, so nothing to add on my part. My under consideration stamp is on October 9 (which is.. 13 days from the 26th, odd choice of date), is your friend's the same?

Just one question (which I forgot to ask at the office) - the officer pointed to the stamp & told me to come back on that day. I understand I cannot come to the office to close off the loop *before* that date, but is it OK to come a few days later instead, say the 12th or 13th?

Assuming they took my money and extended me until atleast the 9th, I highly doubt my extension request would be 'rejected' per se, so there shouldn't be a problem going on the 12/13th as I'd still be on legal status - am I correct or misunderstanding this?

Edited by tabbycat

This is in the confirmation email when I booked an appointment for counter K.

Google Translate English version below. As you can see, there are clearly 2 options: 1 and 2. 1 is for regular tourism extensions, 2 is for COVID. But OP is saying that they will only do 2 (COVID) and not 1 (Regular):

Just pointing out inconsistencies. I guess it's down to the enforcer.

1. Stay in the Kingdom - for reasons for tourism for 30 days.
(Can be continued only once) for residents of Bangkok only
- TM 7 request form
- Copy of passport page, arrival stamp page, TM.6 card (with certified copy)
- Photo size 4x6 cm. (Taken within 6 months)
- Fee 1,900 baht
- Limited to 1 queue / 1 person
Form Immigration Office 7, STM 2, Acknowledgment
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T62i2SeCHAUwOwdQ1sSsBpeMRAKUWlN/view?usp=sharing

2. Extension in the Kingdom - In case of necessity with an embassy Or the consulate Provide endorsement and request (Not more than 30 days allowed)
For residents in Bangkok only
- TM 7 request form
- Form to acknowledge the criteria and conditions for permission To stay in the Kingdom of Immigration. 2
- Acknowledgment of the official act of prohibiting entering the Kingdom
- Copy of passport page, import stamp page, copy of permit to remain in the Kingdom until the latest permit, TM.6 card (with certified copy)
- Photo size 4x6 cm. (Taken within 6 months)
- Fee 1,900 baht
- Certificate from the embassy Or a consulate located in Thailand (original and not more than 30 days old)
- Limited to 1 queue / 1 person
Form Immigration Office 7, STM 2, Acknowledgment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T62i2SeCHAUwOwdQ1sSsBpeMRAKUWlN/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

This is in the confirmation email when I booked an appointment for counter K.

Google Translate English version below. As you can see, there are clearly 2 options: 1 and 2. 1 is for regular tourism extensions, 2 is for COVID. But OP is saying that they will only do 2 (COVID) and not 1 (Regular):

Just pointing out inconsistencies. I guess it's down to the enforcer.

This is an old email. Bangkok Immigration is *not* doing extensions without embassy letters regardless of type of visa or nationality. No exceptions

Anyone who has lost their tm6 card ( the small price of paper they make you fill out on the plane before landing) and still not had an issue? Last time I went their I told them I lost it and even showed them the staple in my passport with a small amount of the remaining tm6 card where it ripped off and it wasn’t even an issue..

I am jut checking if this is still the case

Edited by Jackcwba
D

16 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Anyone who has lost their tm6 card ( the small price of paper they make you fill out on the plane before landing) and still not had an issue? Last time I went their I told them I lost it and even showed them the staple in my passport with a small amount of the remaining tm6 card where it ripped off and it wasn’t even an issue..

I am jut checking if this is still the case

Overheard someone near me at MTT this morning having issues as they didn't have their TM6, and hence wouldn't be let into that room where you get your extension at Counter J. Not only do you need the original TM6 but you need copies of it as well

Edited by tabbycat

Excellent detailed reporting of your friends experience. My friend went about a week ago, and their experience was pretty much the same as described; however, they needed to sign a form acknowledging the penalties of overstaying. This form was stapled to the other documents at this stage below. Not sure of the purpose?

2 hours ago, asiacurious said:

If you have everything, they'll staple your documents together and give you two laminated cards with the same number and you'll head back downstairs to the hall where you wait for your number to be called.

They went a week ago and got the "under consideration" stamp dated 6th Oct in their passport and instructions to make an online appointment for 6th Oct and to return the same counter on that date only. They were handed a piece of paper "Online Queue Only" giving instructions on how to make an advanced booking and a QR code to reach the booking website (this was printed on the back of a photocopy of someone else's passport... save the environment).

The online appointment website, reached via the QR code, requires passport and personal details, along with when your visa expires and your preferred appointment date.  (Note that the website shows up as "Not Secure")

Yet the website does not permit selection of a date beyond 26th Sept Not sure what to do about that. Would love to hear of anyone that was able to a booking for "under consideration" appointment date that is post-26th Sept and how they did that. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Datwan said:

Yet the website does not permit selection of a date beyond 26th Sept Not sure what to do about that. Would love to hear of anyone that was able to a booking for "under consideration" appointment date that is post-26th Sept and how they did that. 

I think people are just going for their second visit without an appointment - I asked today after getting my stamp and was told I just have to show up, forgot to ask if you can go a day or two after the stated date though. 

Does anyone know if there are any factors affecting how many days you got stamped for?

e.g., Your friend went last week and got stamped for the 6th, I went today and got stamped to come back on.. the 9th for some reason? Another report of someone going today and getting stamped for the 19th. Others who are going and getting stamped for nearly the entire 30 days, removing the need to come back altogether? Why is it all random?

Edited by tabbycat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tabbycat said:

This is an old email. Bangkok Immigration is *not* doing extensions without embassy letters regardless of type of visa or nationality. No exceptions

I've done my extension now, but I thought that those seeking 60 day extensions of marriage visas could still do them. The last report from Bangkok I read about was about 2 weeks ago. Why would that have changed? 

1 minute ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I've done my extension now, but I thought that those seeking 60 day extensions of marriage visas could still do them. The last report from Bangkok I read about was about 2 weeks ago. Why would that have changed? 

Ah missed a key word there ???? I meant regardless of any type of tourist* visa (like VOA/VE/TR.60). No idea about other types.

Edited by tabbycat

6 hours ago, tabbycat said:

Thanks for that - went this morning to Counter J (probably at the same time as your friend!) and my experience was exactly the same, so nothing to add on my part. My under consideration stamp is on October 9 (which is.. 13 days from the 26th, odd choice of date), is your friend's the same?

Just one question (which I forgot to ask at the office) - the officer pointed to the stamp & told me to come back on that day. I understand I cannot come to the office to close off the loop *before* that date, but is it OK to come a few days later instead, say the 12th or 13th?

Assuming they took my money and extended me until atleast the 9th, I highly doubt my extension request would be 'rejected' per se, so there shouldn't be a problem going on the 12/13th as I'd still be on legal status - am I correct or misunderstanding this?

I've seen others ask the question about picking it up a couple of days later and it seems like the consensus is that it's fine.   If they reject your extension, you should have 7 days to exit.  If they accept it, you should have until Oct 26 before you have to either leave or extend again.

His plan is get his extension stamp (hopefully) and then try to apply for another extension on the same day if that's at all possible.  As there would only be 17 days left on the extension he would need to reapply pretty quickly, so it would make sense to try and do it at the same time.

4 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

Do I need to print out a copy of my booking for the online appointment or just show that on my phone ?

I asked and he said that people were showing on their phones.

3 hours ago, Datwan said:

Excellent detailed reporting of your friends experience. My friend went about a week ago, and their experience was pretty much the same as described; however, they needed to sign a form acknowledging the penalties of overstaying. This form was stapled to the other documents at this stage below. Not sure of the purpose?

Yes, that's one of the two extra forms included in the email.  The other form, the STM.2 form, is the form that is missing the backside in the email.  My friend sent me the pdf from the email and I've attached to this reply.  And he took a photo of the back of that STM.2 form.  It has this (which frankly seems like a really odd statement to acknowledge):

553717517_missingpage.jpg.873804c0375f23b5ed52a33573225d8d.jpg

1d แบบฟอร์ม ตม.7 , สตม.2.pdf

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, asiacurious said:

I asked and he said that people were showing on their phones.

Yes, that's one of the two extra forms included in the email.  The other form, the STM.2 form, is the form that is missing the backside in the email.  My friend sent me the pdf from the email and I've attached to this reply.  And he took a photo of the back of that STM.2 form.  It has this (which frankly seems like a really odd statement to acknowledge):

553717517_missingpage.jpg.873804c0375f23b5ed52a33573225d8d.jpg

1d แบบฟอร์ม ตม.7 , สตม.2.pdf 1.21 MB · 1 download

Are both the tm7 and stm2 letters available at MTT? I got a tm7 when I went to CW in April.

i received my booking email instantly but it has no attachments or anything with tm7 or stm2 ? It’s just all in thai with requirements what I need and a google map link? 

will I be able to pick up one of these tm7 and stm2 papers when I arrive ? 

Edited by Jackcwba
H
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

Are both the tm7 and stm2 letters available at MTT? I got a tm7 when I went to CW in April.

i received my booking email instantly but it has no attachments or anything with tm7 or stm2 ? It’s just all in thai with requirements what I need and a google map link? 

Page 1 & 2 of the pdf is the hard to use version of the TM7 (a scanned version of a printed form, rather than a converted from Word to pdf version - ugh).  You can also download and use the easier to read/use version of the TM7 from the immigration website here: http://www.immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm7.pdf

Page 3 of the pdf I attached in the previous post is the first page of the STM.2 ("Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand")  (The back side is missing.  I'm starting to wonder if that backside is something counter J added on their own???)  I actually found another pdf scan of the STM.2 (without the backside) on the Chulalongkorn University website here: https://www.inter.chula.ac.th/en/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Ackowledgment-for-Permit-of-Temporary-Stay-STM.2.pdf

Page 4 of the pdf has no form number, but is called, "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay."  I found another site (the Smart Visa site) that has a pdf of that form here: https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/document/related/THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.pdf

It is more than a little ridiculous that there is no one central location to get these forms on Immigration's site.  There are some forms, but not others.  And how hard would it be actually put together a set of all needed forms that are easy to use? 

EDIT:  I've also re-attached the forms from the email.

แบบฟอร์ม ตม.7 , สตม.2.pdf

Edited by asiacurious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the link for the forms that's in the booking confirmation email in Thai
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T62i2SeCHAUwOwdQ1sSsBpeMRAKUWlN/view

Edited by Fibonaqi

10 hours ago, asiacurious said:

You can also download and use the easier to read/use version of the TM7 from the immigration website here: http://www.immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm7.pdf

That TM7 form from a unofficial website has been out of date for over the 3 years.

This is the current TM form. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Anyone applying for a 30 day extension with the embassy letter that did not enter on a Tourist type visa or visa exemption? 

e.g  Single entry non immigration O

ME Non-Imm O (family). Now expired, so on Amnesty. Embassy are providing letter. Next step, see if Phuket Immigration kick up any fuss.

Not entitled to 1-yr extension as my son doesn't live in same house. 

14 hours ago, asiacurious said:

His plan is get his extension stamp (hopefully) and then try to apply for another extension on the same day if that's at all possible.

Will he use the same letter then, and would it still be less than a month old on the day he goes back to MTT? (e.g., my letter was issued on Monday, went to MTT yesterday, under consideration told to come back on 9 Oct, so original letter would still only be ~2.5 weeks old at that time). He might have a shot then. Would also depend on I/O staff, assuming he reapplies at the same counter as where he gets stamped - if they stamp him then immediately see him paying 1900B again for another 30 days using the same letter/docs perhaps they may have an issue. I think we'll know more by mid-Oct when more people try this out.

When I was at Counter J I noticed people with old embassy letters getting turned away & told to come back with a more recent note. Someone who was very desperate, nearly in tears, even got lucky with one of the document checkers who clearly made an exception for him "we only accept 30 day letters but for you, 60 days" and even *then* his letter was too old (issued in March/April).

Edited by tabbycat
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tabbycat said:

"My under consideration stamp is on October 9 (which is.. 13 days from the 26th, odd choice of date),"

Maybe they were smart enough to not choose the same date for everyone for the under consideration stamp. 

Just saw that David barrow bloke has posted that Phuket immigrsrion are now opening on Saturday to cope with the demand.

CW is a complete shiit show today my mate is there at 10AM his ticket number is already #220 and they are only serving number #24.... impossible to deal with that many right? They work slow enough as it is especially before lunch time!

anyone know if MTT is a complete disaster or it’s less busy because it’s the temporary office and it’s not as bad as the “main” offices like Pattaya and CW and Phuket as they are clearly getting battered

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Maybe they were smart enough to not choose the same date for everyone for the under consideration stamp. 

The dates will be different since the under consideration period starts on the day you apply not the 26th.

57 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

anyone know if MTT is a complete disaster or it’s less busy because it’s the temporary office and it’s not as bad as the “main”

There is different between CW and MTT. CW only does long stay extensions. MTT only does short stay extensions, 90 day reports and TM30 reports. At MTT a appointment is mandatory for a extension application and at CW they still allow walkins.

Just saw that David barrow bloke has posted that Phuket immigrsrion are now opening on Saturday to cope with the demand.

CW is a complete shiit show today my mate is there at 10AM his ticket number is already #220 and they are only serving number #24.... impossible to deal with that many right? They work slow enough as it is especially before lunch time!

anyone know if MTT is a complete disaster or it’s less busy because it’s the temporary office and it’s not as bad as the “main” offices like Pattaya and CW and Phuket as they are clearly getting battered

They apparently give out 800 appointments a day from the online booking. I did wonder if they can process 100 per hour. What happens when you are #220 and you don't get served during your allotted time?

Edited by Fibonaqi