BANGKOK
asiacurious

Report from Bangkok Temporary Visa Center

Thanks for that - went this morning to Counter J (probably at the same time as your friend!) and my experience was exactly the same, so nothing to add on my part. My under consideration stamp is on October 9 (which is.. 13 days from the 26th, odd choice of date), is your friend's the same?

Just one question (which I forgot to ask at the office) - the officer pointed to the stamp & told me to come back on that day. I understand I cannot come to the office to close off the loop *before* that date, but is it OK to come a few days later instead, say the 12th or 13th?

Assuming they took my money and extended me until atleast the 9th, I highly doubt my extension request would be 'rejected' per se, so there shouldn't be a problem going on the 12/13th as I'd still be on legal status - am I correct or misunderstanding this?

Edited by tabbycat

This is in the confirmation email when I booked an appointment for counter K.

Google Translate English version below. As you can see, there are clearly 2 options: 1 and 2. 1 is for regular tourism extensions, 2 is for COVID. But OP is saying that they will only do 2 (COVID) and not 1 (Regular):

Just pointing out inconsistencies. I guess it's down to the enforcer.

1. Stay in the Kingdom - for reasons for tourism for 30 days.
(Can be continued only once) for residents of Bangkok only
- TM 7 request form
- Copy of passport page, arrival stamp page, TM.6 card (with certified copy)
- Photo size 4x6 cm. (Taken within 6 months)
- Fee 1,900 baht
- Limited to 1 queue / 1 person
Form Immigration Office 7, STM 2, Acknowledgment
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T62i2SeCHAUwOwdQ1sSsBpeMRAKUWlN/view?usp=sharing

2. Extension in the Kingdom - In case of necessity with an embassy Or the consulate Provide endorsement and request (Not more than 30 days allowed)
For residents in Bangkok only
- TM 7 request form
- Form to acknowledge the criteria and conditions for permission To stay in the Kingdom of Immigration. 2
- Acknowledgment of the official act of prohibiting entering the Kingdom
- Copy of passport page, import stamp page, copy of permit to remain in the Kingdom until the latest permit, TM.6 card (with certified copy)
- Photo size 4x6 cm. (Taken within 6 months)
- Fee 1,900 baht
- Certificate from the embassy Or a consulate located in Thailand (original and not more than 30 days old)
- Limited to 1 queue / 1 person
Form Immigration Office 7, STM 2, Acknowledgment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_T62i2SeCHAUwOwdQ1sSsBpeMRAKUWlN/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

This is in the confirmation email when I booked an appointment for counter K.

Google Translate English version below. As you can see, there are clearly 2 options: 1 and 2. 1 is for regular tourism extensions, 2 is for COVID. But OP is saying that they will only do 2 (COVID) and not 1 (Regular):

Just pointing out inconsistencies. I guess it's down to the enforcer.

This is an old email. Bangkok Immigration is *not* doing extensions without embassy letters regardless of type of visa or nationality. No exceptions

Anyone applying for a 30 day extension with the embassy letter that did not enter on a Tourist type visa or visa exemption? 

e.g  Single entry non immigration O

Do I need to print out a copy of my booking for the online appointment or just show that on my phone ?

Anyone who has lost their tm6 card ( the small price of paper they make you fill out on the plane before landing) and still not had an issue? Last time I went their I told them I lost it and even showed them the staple in my passport with a small amount of the remaining tm6 card where it ripped off and it wasn’t even an issue..

I am jut checking if this is still the case

Edited by Jackcwba
D

16 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Anyone who has lost their tm6 card ( the small price of paper they make you fill out on the plane before landing) and still not had an issue? Last time I went their I told them I lost it and even showed them the staple in my passport with a small amount of the remaining tm6 card where it ripped off and it wasn’t even an issue..

I am jut checking if this is still the case

Overheard someone near me at MTT this morning having issues as they didn't have their TM6, and hence wouldn't be let into that room where you get your extension at Counter J. Not only do you need the original TM6 but you need copies of it as well

Edited by tabbycat

Excellent detailed reporting of your friends experience. My friend went about a week ago, and their experience was pretty much the same as described; however, they needed to sign a form acknowledging the penalties of overstaying. This form was stapled to the other documents at this stage below. Not sure of the purpose?

2 hours ago, asiacurious said:

If you have everything, they'll staple your documents together and give you two laminated cards with the same number and you'll head back downstairs to the hall where you wait for your number to be called.

They went a week ago and got the "under consideration" stamp dated 6th Oct in their passport and instructions to make an online appointment for 6th Oct and to return the same counter on that date only. They were handed a piece of paper "Online Queue Only" giving instructions on how to make an advanced booking and a QR code to reach the booking website (this was printed on the back of a photocopy of someone else's passport... save the environment).

The online appointment website, reached via the QR code, requires passport and personal details, along with when your visa expires and your preferred appointment date.  (Note that the website shows up as "Not Secure")

Yet the website does not permit selection of a date beyond 26th Sept Not sure what to do about that. Would love to hear of anyone that was able to a booking for "under consideration" appointment date that is post-26th Sept and how they did that. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Datwan said:

Yet the website does not permit selection of a date beyond 26th Sept Not sure what to do about that. Would love to hear of anyone that was able to a booking for "under consideration" appointment date that is post-26th Sept and how they did that. 

I think people are just going for their second visit without an appointment - I asked today after getting my stamp and was told I just have to show up, forgot to ask if you can go a day or two after the stated date though. 

Does anyone know if there are any factors affecting how many days you got stamped for?

e.g., Your friend went last week and got stamped for the 6th, I went today and got stamped to come back on.. the 9th for some reason? Another report of someone going today and getting stamped for the 19th. Others who are going and getting stamped for nearly the entire 30 days, removing the need to come back altogether? Why is it all random?

Edited by tabbycat
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

Why is it all random?

perhaps to space out attendance??

4 hours ago, tabbycat said:

This is an old email. Bangkok Immigration is *not* doing extensions without embassy letters regardless of type of visa or nationality. No exceptions

I've done my extension now, but I thought that those seeking 60 day extensions of marriage visas could still do them. The last report from Bangkok I read about was about 2 weeks ago. Why would that have changed? 

1 minute ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I've done my extension now, but I thought that those seeking 60 day extensions of marriage visas could still do them. The last report from Bangkok I read about was about 2 weeks ago. Why would that have changed? 

Ah missed a key word there 🙂 I meant regardless of any type of tourist* visa (like VOA/VE/TR.60). No idea about other types.

Edited by tabbycat