Revised school term dates for this year

Wondering if anyone has seen the revised break dates for the rest of 2020.  Since school started later than normal my son's teacher says there will be vacation "maybe in November" but doesn't have any dates and she doesn't seem inclined to find out.  I'm hoping to fly to Thailand to visit and want to time my exit from quarantine with school break.  Has anyone seen a formal announcement of semester dates?

Every school is handling it differently this year. For example, the school across the street from us has a 2 week break starting Nov. 12th while our school is finishing term 1 finals about that same time so break will be a bit later. The government is also talking about adding 2 more holidays in Nov. so schools may adjust to that in Oct.

My suggestion is to plan to be here the whole month of Nov. and hit quarantine by the 1st. or a couple of days earlier.

Initially the mid-term break was cancelled because of the schools reopening late and having to catch up.

Yet, with the need to boost domestic tourism, some holidays may be reinstated but nothing has been decided yet.

I asked about it at my son's school just last week, and they didn't know.

We probably won't know before mid-October...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

For me anyway, all the breaks were and are shortened to compensate for late start. We're off 10 and 11th of Dec and 24 Dec till Jan 3.

Thanks.  Seems our school is still hoping for a longer break.  Starting last week the kids are now attending 6.5 days a week (full days Mon-Sat and half day on Sunday). This is designed to catch up on the days they missed.  Our 6yo is exhausted!