Jump to content

UK embassy Covid letter just issued (22 Sept) to person on tourist visa


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,    Today I received a Covid extension letter from the UK embassy in light of the worsening Covid situation back home. I am currently on amnesty, having already extended my visa-on-entry.

Everyone should be staying in the country where they currently are. Just one example is the problem in Melbourne that was caused by repatriations and poor security. As far as the embassy let

That’s fine, I can understand your skepticism. But in the interests of not discouraging other people in a similar boat, I can only reiterate that what I’m saying is 100% legit.

Posted Images

That's great news, thanks for sharing. There's talk of the UK going into lockdown soon anyway, so perhaps they'll change their minds again. Hmmm, they'll only issue it once eh? Time to sharpen up your photoshop editing skills!

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, greggraham said:

What is the wording of the letter like? 

It refers to the Covid 19 outbreak (presumably meaning in the UK) as disrupting my plans and asks for my application to be considered in accordance with Immigration’s requirements. Quite a short letter, which includes my name and passport number.

Edited by Farangs R Us
Type-o
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Farangs R Us said:

It refers to the Covid 19 outbreak (presumably meaning in the UK) as disrupting my plans and asks for my application to be considered in accordance with Immigration’s requirements. Quite a short letter, which includes my name and passport number.

What do you have to do to qualify for this? Do you need to produce paperwork? Did you apply for the letter from their website, or did you email them directly? Thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

What do you have to do to qualify for this? Do you need to produce paperwork? Did you apply for the letter from their website, or did you email them directly? Thanks in advance!

The address that Jack Hna put above is the one I initially wrote to.

 

I had to attach my bio-data page on my passport, and my entry stamp page. 
 

They may ask for proof that you are from the part of the UK you are claiming, since restrictions currently vary.

 

I sent official advice on restrictions from a .gov website (sorry, I can’t remember the exact address) and also attached Covid news reports specific to my area of the UK. 
 

Hope that helps. Oh, and if you’re sending a lot of attachments be sure to send small versions as they have a 5MB limit.

Edited by Farangs R Us
Type-o
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Farangs R Us said:

The address that Jack Hna put above is the one I initially wrote to.

 

I had to attach my bio-data page on my passport, and my entry stamp page. 
 

They may ask for proof that you are from the part of the UK you are claiming, since restrictions currently vary.

 

I sent official advice on restrictions from a .gov website (sorry, I can’t remember the exact address) and also attached Covid news reports specific to my area of the UK. 
 

Hope that helps. Oh, and if you’re sending a lot of attachments be sure to send small versions as they have a 5MB limit.

Thanks a lot! 🙏 How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

Thanks a lot! 🙏 How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Give it *atleast* 3 business days (usually closer to 5) from the date you send off your documents, longer if they have to deliberate your request in any way. If you want any chance of getting an extension by Saturday I'd suggest emailing them ASAP

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Farangs R Us said:

My successful application was made this morning, though I had tried previously as well. So it was kind of a continuation of a previously unsuccessful application.

Wow! Good to know. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...