Warning : smoking can ruin your whole entire life

federico

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

another deadly drug that governments worldwide knew to be harmful. They became addicted themselves to the cash generated from taxation so they let the companies freewheel drawing in millions to another poison..

So what just freedom of choice. People know its bad but still do it.

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Todays poison is unhealthy food and sugar, and people do not move their body. 

True.. but a choice is a choice. I feel drugs and bad food should be free. As long as you dont harm others do it to your self. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I was shocked when I visited Chiang Mai and had to stay indoors much of the time to avoid breathing problems. Burning season is a danger to all it's citizens. 

Ditto...Siagon and Vietnam in general...smokers everywhere...no place to escape.

Many non-smokers die of lung cancer each year...can be linked to prolonged exposure to second hand smoke.

Just Stop it!

Yep. Having lived in Vietnam and visited countless times, I was surprised to find how backward they are (for a lack of a better term) when it comes to banning smoking in public places. There are still lots of restaurants and cafes with smoking sections or where patrons light up anywhere inside the restaurant. 

I'd say that in Vietnam, there are easily 50% more male smokers than in Thailand, and it's about the same small percentage of women. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Sorry for your plight... but thanks for posting. We all have some bad habits...

The reports I have seen are that those E-cigs are a fast train to disaster... 

I did have a cancer scare when I was 48 - I used it as an opportunity to slow my life down and appreciate everything by proceeding mindfully... 

You can still enjoy the days you have... 

you are right about e-cig but it’s a good way to quit cigarettes provided you quit e-cig fast ????

cheers 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:34 PM, Tagged said:

Todays poison is unhealthy food and sugar, and people do not move their body. 

Yes, obesity is a serious condition, too. That's probably why all private health insurances want your data to calculate your BMI. 

9 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Yes, obesity is a serious condition, too. That's probably why all private health insurances want your data to calculate your BMI. 

My bmi says I am fat, but in reality I have less than 17% body fat at the moment, so well in range for a healthy body. 

Smoking does reduce the risk or impact of Parkinson's disease.

I smoke and try to avoid inconveniencing others. Some anti smokers travel great distances to be offended.

I tell off smokers who throw butts on the ground (great idea to get rid of filterless cigs (I don't count Camel - can't get into them).

Those of us who are hooked have to be careful and others, try to be tolerant.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 2:49 AM, from the home of CC said:

another deadly drug that governments worldwide knew to be harmful. They became addicted themselves to the cash generated from taxation so they let the companies freewheel drawing in millions to another poison..

Well...you can look at it two ways. Certainly the US government came out strongly against smoking in the 1970s short of outright banning. Not sure I can say the same for European countries, where there are STILL a lot more smokers. The high cigarette taxes (a single pack costs anywhere from $5 to $10 depending on which state) don't really earn state/local/federal governments that much, but they constitute a strong disincentive to start smoking. I was lucky, by the way. I quit in 1976 when I was 26 because, yes, my kindly doctor kept showing me photos of rotted lungs (and by the way, my current urologist reports that smokers get kidney cancer, too) BUT I was able to quit mainly because I had some weird kind of colitis that made the cigarettes taste bad. Normally they had a nice flavor, to me. I knew this was the time to "strike," and thanks to the colitis causing bad-tasting smoke, I quit cold-turkey.

Edited by Dustdevil

29 minutes ago, Cats4ever said:

Smoking does reduce the risk or impact of Parkinson's disease.

I smoke and try to avoid inconveniencing others. Some anti smokers travel great distances to be offended.

I tell off smokers who throw butts on the ground (great idea to get rid of filterless cigs (I don't count Camel - can't get into them).

Those of us who are hooked have to be careful and others, try to be tolerant.

From the note above you know when I quit, but the only cig for me was Marlboro--and apparently for Italians, too. When I was a US Navy sailor in the early '70s home-ported in Naples, a carton of Marlboros was literally currency--a carton of genuine Marlboros (as opposed tothe local knock-offs) was worth $20 and you could either get cash for it or barter many things.

Edited by Dustdevil

On 9/22/2020 at 6:07 AM, TheFreqFlyer said:

Yep. Having lived in Vietnam and visited countless times, I was surprised to find how backward they are (for a lack of a better term) when it comes to banning smoking in public places. There are still lots of restaurants and cafes with smoking sections or where patrons light up anywhere inside the restaurant. 

I'd say that in Vietnam, there are easily 50% more male smokers than in Thailand, and it's about the same small percentage of women. 

Probably a lot of South Koreans and Japanese too, especially businessmen/"salarymen."

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

My bmi says I am fat, but in reality I have less than 17% body fat at the moment, so well in range for a healthy body. 

Then put "no" in the form when they ask you for conditions, but be sure any kinds of arthrosis will not be covered then. If you don't have arthrosis, even better. 

9 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

From the note above you know when I quit, but the only cig for me was Marlboro--and apparently for Italians, too. When I was a US Navy sailor in the early '70s home-ported in Naples, a carton of Marlboros was literally currency--a carton of genuine Marlboros (as opposed tothe local knock-offs) was worth $20 and you could either get cash for it or barter many things.

Yet the Marlboro cowboy died long ago... 

On 9/22/2020 at 6:36 PM, robblok said:

True.. but a choice is a choice. I feel drugs and bad food should be free. As long as you dont harm others do it to your self. 

In an ideal world, yes, but people have Again, and again  proved they need protection, protection against themselves, so Im for government control of food, drinks, tobacco, drugs, gambling,