Buying a Ford Ranger Wildtrack

Sorry to post this here, but I can't access the specific forum...

I am thinking about buying a Ford Ranger Wildtrack.

What are the pros and the cons?

Is it worth it to pay extra money for the turbo, or the bi-turbo?

Also I would like to get it customized because the standard models are very bland, according to my taste.

Can anyone recommend a good customizer, since I imagine that Ford won't offer this kind of service?

Thanks for your input.

• Confused 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would consider a Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi Triton, Isuzu or Mazda first, because Ford in Thailand has a very poor reputation for service.

I have had several Rangers now. They are a class above the ISUZU & Mitsubishi offerings.  IMO they drive better, & are far more comfortable that the HiLux.  I do not think servicing

Not true at all. My 1 year service was great. Car washed, a call one week later if everything was as expected. Would buy a Ranger again, straight ahead.

Posted Images

Is it worth it to pay extra money for the turbo, or the bi-turbo?

Depends what you're using it for. If you're just puttering around the Muban, I wouldn't bother. But if you go to other provinces, have to overtake traffic regularly, do any off roading or towing, it's worth getting the bi-turbo variant. 

• Like 1

The only thing that stopped me buying a Ford is that they have had continual engine issues and the 1.9 turbo or bi turbo is relatively unproven & after Chevrolet pulling out and Ford pulling out of the car market there was a high risk factor. I ended up buying an ISUZU as engine reliability was my no 1 criteria. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, uncleP said:

The only thing that stopped me buying a Ford is that they have had continual engine issues and the 1.9 turbo or bi turbo is relatively unproven & after Chevrolet pulling out and Ford pulling out of the car market there was a high risk factor. I ended up buying an ISUZU as engine reliability was my no 1 criteria. 

Lucky the Ranger aint running the 1.9 then, the Izuzu does though !!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The VW will be based upon the Ranger platform, not a lot of VW in the Ranger as far as I know other than some electrics.

To the OP wanting to customise... Hit up TTN Hypersport on facebook.

Wheels/tyres/suspension/bodykit/lights/paint etc etc will run about 600k on top of the vehicle purchase but what a beast !!

ttnwildtrak1.jpg

ttnwildtrak2.jpg

600k!

My my my, I don't plan to go that high...

• Haha 1
Just now, Brunolem said:

600k!

My my my, I don't plan to go that high...

Yeah is a bit out of my budget, and they only do the wide body tub sides for the double Cab and not the extra cab that I have.

spent the afternoon looking for 22" rims for mine... not a lot of choice out there and damn they are expensive.