Canon Print Head Alignment

Daffy D

So after topping up my ink tanks decided to run the "Print Head Alignment" program to see if it made any difference to the finished print out. Never had any problem over the years but you never know.

The program is quite easy to run, just follow the on-screen instructions and that's it.

The statement "Examine the printed patterns, and enter the pattern number of the pattern with the least noticeable streaks in the fields for columns A to J." is a bit confusing. 

Does that mean the pattern that has clearly defined stripes or the pattern that is a solid color with no stripes? :unsure:

203716526_PrintHeadStreaks.jpg.5e50228e2b906e27a3c511334fbccb3b.jpg

Streaks.jpg.cdee355f241a514ea095bc1e9df78fb0.jpg

Cheers :smile:

11 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Does that mean the pattern that has clearly defined stripes or the pattern that is a solid color with no stripes? :unsure:

I would say solid colour, so:- A 0, B 0, C+1, D+2, E+1, F 0.

I gave up with inkjets long ago, too much hassle unblocking the ruddy thing when I've not used it for a few weeks.

A laser prints first time, every time!

• Haha 1

The support site adds this:

NOTE
Refer to the samples below to select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks and horizontal white stripes.

6d49b5294ce041b78e4509cd1cd8efb3_G007239

(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
(E) Less noticeable horizontal white stripes
(F) More noticeable horizontal white stripes

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichCor said:

Refer to the samples below to select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks and horizontal white stripes.

Referring to stripes instead of streaks makes it clearer, seems like the solid color is the way to go :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I gave up with inkjets long ago, too much hassle unblocking the ruddy thing when I've not used it for a few weeks

Us mere mortals can only dream :whistling:

Thanks  :biggrin:

I found that taking it to one of those places you see in the tec malls will always do a much better job than I could, I’m not sure if they have different software or do some more cleaning. Filling, cleaning and calibration doesn’t cost more than buying the ink in Office Depot.

I’m with @crossy - I don’t know how much time and money I wasted on those “cheap” canon injkets. There are very few times when I needed a colour print, so I bought a b/w laser for about the same price as an inkjet + aftermarket tank. I’m guessing by the number of these fitting shops that there is a huge markup and a never ending stream of service customers.

Edited by recom273