Lost tm6 card

I have all the documents I need to extend at muang thani on Friday apart from tm6 physical card and the photocopies of it...

I lost my tm6 card as many people do -

so I also don’t have the photocopies of it.

the staple and a small part of the tm6 in my passport is all that remains where it must of ripped out

i have had success extending my tourist visa before with a covid letter back in April  without the tm6 the lady at the desk said it’s ok I don’t need it - the immigrsrion officer didn’t even say anything or ask where it was and I paid my 1900 baht and got my stamp.

but this is 5 months later now I’m curious if anybody has been this month WITHOUT the tm6 and had any success ?

a pointless peice of paper we can all agree but is this going to be my downfall on Friday ?

@unonjoe or anyone who has been recently ? 

Edited by Jackcwba
Ff

Sounds like you might have got lucky back then. As mentioned - I was at Counter J (TR60 extensions) at MTT for over an hour this morning and saw multiple people who either didn't have their TM6 to come back with one, and if they hadn't made a copy, to go scan it downstairs. Hence I'm assuming both the original and a copy are required.

They were insistent on enforcing the rule, too, as noted from the tone of the officers towards some who thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't know how it's like at Counter K (VOA/VE extensions), but no reason to doubt it'd be any different, as the TM6 is even mentioned in your booking confirmation when you make an appointment.

Edited by tabbycat

Hi @tabbycat thanks for that.

aftee doing a bit of digging and by little bit of digging I mean flipping the apartment upside down I have managed to find an old TM6 card photocopy of both sides.

still don’t have the physical copy but what do you think about this serving me better?

also its an old one from a previous entry into Thailand I believe so I’m not sure if the barcode will be correct or if that even matters ? Maybe they are all the same I don’t know.

would love to here everyone’s thoughts and if you’ve already been and done it 

here’s what I found I’ve covered my info because lol why not 

02E11839-1684-455E-96BE-2694DC963924.jpeg

Edited by Jackcwba
H

17 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

aftee doing a bit of digging and by little bit of digging I mean flipping the apartment upside down I have managed to find an old TM6 card photocopy of both sides.

still don’t have the physical copy but what do you think about this serving me better?

It's worth a shot. Not like you have any other option at this point.. the document checkers outside didn't ask for my original TM6, but they asked others'. In my case, she only check/skimmed over my copied documents to make sure I had all the required papers prior to letting me enter the room where you pay the fee/actual stamping is done. It was mainly the embassy letter which she analyzed every word of and made sure my passport details matched up with it. So who knows, having copies (make 2) of an old TM6 might atleast tick their boxes to get you into the door.

From then on, if you are called out by the officer processing your extension for any reason, you can always play dumb (politely ????) and say this is all you have or make up any other reason/sob story and see where it takes you from there. Again, no other choice this late into the game. Far too late for all the police report nonsense.

Now that I look at it, my original TM6 was in some obscure hidden back pocket of my passport cover/protector, it's in the exact same place now and seems to be completely untouched. Had my eyes on the officer for the 5 minutes or so she had my passport, and didn't notice her opening that pocket either. Maybe it was because she already had the copy, and matched it up/authenticated with the TM6 in their system..

Edited by tabbycat

Thanks @tabbycat I will be in siam tomorrow anyway so I will nip to the police station anyway and ask if they can just give me a new one anyway. Can’t be arsed with the hassle if it’s only 100 baht or so, then I’ll photocopy it

also I have printed a covid letter off and believe I need to print off a screen shot of the ‘conversation from the embassy’ such as dear jack, please see your letter attached and take this to immigrsrion blah blah’

does the sceeen shot have to include the response/ message from the uk embassy WITH the letter visible or just the response ? So in essence 2 paper copies ( response + covid letter )

becahse when trying to stretch it on an iPhone to fit it all in it makes it unreadable  so should I just screen shot the paragraph response from uk embassy - print that and also take the printed copy of my uk embassy letter ?

when I went in April I just took the embassy letter - they asked me for the ‘actual copy’ to my confusion I said what do you mean? That’s the actual copy, showed her the email / response from the embassy and she was like oh ok - she didn’t seem very tech savvy- but that was then and this is now.

cheers homie

Edited by Jackcwba
G

25 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Thanks @tabbycat I will be in siam tomorrow anyway so I will nip to the police station anyway and ask if they can just give me a new one anyway. Can’t be arsed with the hassle if it’s only 100 baht or so, then I’ll photocopy it

also I have printed a covid letter off and believe I need to print off a screen shot of the ‘conversation from the embassy’ such as dear jack, please see your letter attached and take this to immigrsrion blah blah’

does the sceeen shot have to include the response/ message from the uk embassy WITH the letter visible or just the response ? So in essence 2 paper copies ( response + covid letter )

becahse when trying to stretch it on an iPhone to fit it all in it makes it unreadable  so should I just screen shot the paragraph response from uk embassy - print that and also take the printed copy of my uk embassy letter ?

when I went in April I just took the embassy letter - they asked me for the ‘actual copy’ to my confusion I said what do you mean? That’s the actual copy, showed her the email / response from the embassy and she was like oh ok - she didn’t seem very tech savvy- but that was then and this is now.

cheers homie

I didn’t risk it and printed a copy of the the email where I received the letter and 2 emails prior within the same conversation (embassy had to go back and forth with another party in a different country to confirm my situation was legit). Proved to be helpful in the end as the email had some vital details which finally made my extension letter acceptable (complicated situation, won’t go into details), wouldn’t have got stamped today without it. 

• Like 1