7 days to leave if visa not extended?

53 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Sept 27 start date any Visa or extension application.jpg

You are making the assumption that because it refers to immigration, it came from them.

Governments make decisions, as people continue to point out, not immigration, they only implement decisions.

Of course you are free to adopt any point of view that suits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

You are making the assumption that because it refers to immigration, it came from them.

Governments make decisions, as people continue to point out, not immigration, they only implement decisions.

It was posted on the immigration website > www.immigration.go.th and in several languages, thai / english / french / russian / etc.  It was also displayed on posters in several immigration offices (even in those that did not abide with it).

But I agree > you are free to adopt any point of view that suits you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sandyf said:
54 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Sept 27 start date any Visa or extension application.jpg

Since it has Immigration's name, hotline number and website on it, what makes you think it came from anyone else?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sandyf said:

From this immigration notification. Immigration Notification Determination of Stay.pdf

"(4) Starting period of permission for a temporary stay
The period permitted to stay in the Kingdom is based on each case. The first date is on 27
September 2020;"

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It was posted on the immigration website > www.immigration.go.th and in several languages, thai / english / french / russian / etc.  It was also displayed on posters in several immigration offices (even in those that did not abide with it).

But I agree > you are free to adopt any point of view that suits you.

My point of view is not going to change things, you will continue to make the assumption that your interpretation is the only one possible, spreading potentially inaccurate information.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My point of view is not going to change things, you will continue to make the assumption that your interpretation is the only one possible, spreading potentially inaccurate information.

As everybody can easily confirm by visiting the immigration website, the immigration bureau says that all extensions start from 27th. But you say that this is wrong? Looks like you are trying to troll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

From this immigration notification. Immigration Notification Determination of Stay.pdf

"(4) Starting period of permission for a temporary stay
The period permitted to stay in the Kingdom is based on each case. The first date is on 27
September 2020;"

Like many others you are hung up on picking out bits to focus on rather than whole issue.

The notification is merely an extension of government policy, unless of course you believe that the Immigration Bureau initiated the policy.

"Notification of Ministry of Interior subject: a permission of stay in the Kingdom for certain groups of aliens under special circumstances (volume 3) dated 23 July 2020 which allow aliens for temporary stay in the Kingdom under their visa types (including visa on arrival), the alien being granted permission of temporary stay in the Kingdom under the exemption"

The document makes it quite clear that effectively "all types" must leave the country by 26th Sept.

"Aliens being permitted for a temporary stay in the Kingdom under tourist vis, transit-visa, visa on arrival and aliens permitted to stay under an exemption of visa of all types must leave the Kingdom within 26 September 2020,"

Then comes the exceptions.

"Unless there is a reasonable necessity or obstacle of the departures, in such case, the aliens may submit an application to extend their temporary stay in the Kingdom under Article 2(1)."

You should reflect on how the terms "all types" and "reason of necessity" were used in the full infographic regarding the announcement. I posted previously how it was explained to me by the head of Sri Ratcha immigration, not the underling that has been suggested, but you would need to understand context and implied relationship to recognise the validity of that explanation.

I went to Sri Ratcha thinking the same as everyone else but when explained I could see what was being said, that only 30 day extensions based on medical certificate or embassy letter would be dated from the 27th Sept. The fact that some IOs have done things differently cannot be assumed to be the "right" way.

I do not know if the explanation put forward by Sri Ratcha is what was intended or not, but it is the height of arrogance for anyone on this forum to say they have a definitive interpretation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, jackdd said:

As everybody can easily confirm by visiting the immigration website, the immigration bureau says that all extensions start from 27th. But you say that this is wrong? Looks like you are trying to troll.

The date is what's stamped on the passport. That's what is important. If you miss that date you'll be on an overstay.

4 hours ago, bodga said:

and as  i mentioned changing their  minds at the drop  of  an hat

This is exactly what Phuket I/O officer told me yesterday, I thought it was nonsense... Anyway let's see if this is real and official... Although I paid extortion and sorted my visa already, I'd feel happy for all those who didn't had extortion money, or didn't want to spend Covid19 winter in the West... Those grudgy members will be very upset.

• Like 2

Maybe I missed an earlier post about Thai Airways flying to the USA. They have not even been allowed to fly to the USA for some years now. At some point they suffered a poor safety rating audit and the FAA downgraded Thai Airways to Category II. Thus they were no longer allowed to operate flights to the USA.

• Like 2